Violence & Sex in Games - Page 4 of 23

wait, so why do you play RPGs? Do you like - Page 4 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 21st Nov, 2004 - 9:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (23) »

?
Poll: I think Violence and Sex in video games is...
  Terrible and should be removed       29.82%
  Okay once it is done in good taste       28.07%
  Fine, nothing wrong with it at all       42.11%
Total Votes: 57
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Discuss  Violence & Sex in Games Is all that violence and sex in video games really necessary to entertain?
8th Nov, 2004 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games - Page 4

In agreement with FUGITIVE247, I have to say the most important thing is controlling the ability for young, impressionable minds to see adult stuff. In the U.S. violence is an everyday affair in the media. I remember seeing the movie SEVEN years ago and thinking it was the most shocking and disturbing film ever. Now I see the same stuff on the primetime tv shows, such as CSI, Law and Order, and the such.

We have definitely become much more comfortable with violence, but thankfully cable and other providers have created such things as parental locks. I do not believe controlling people on such a level, but I do believe that we must ensure children who may be affected by what they see as normal, real, or unreal, are not given access to such.

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2004 - 6:14am / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games
A Friend

Games Sex and Violence

Again I have to say, why not? I men come on guys whats the matter with games? They're only exactly that...violence is everywhere in reality, so is sexuality. SO there really is no reason to worry about stuff like that, it sells and thats all that matters.

21st Nov, 2004 - 12:08pm / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Again I have to say, why not?

When a society dwells on violence and nudity as entertainment then you know they are getting ripe for a downfall. It is one thing to be playing a game, but violence and nudity imposes emotions that are hard to get rid of or sometimes even control. Putting that psychological 'stress' on impressionable minds is disastrous and is evident in our society today where we see most of the youth not able to take up responsibility because their minds have sponged brutal 'entertainment' instead of constructive thought or hard work as in many years ago.

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2004 - 12:48pm / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games
A Friend

Page 4 Games Sex and Violence

Who are we to decide what is constructive for someone else then ourself. Censorship will just make everything more attractive... There is so much violence around us it will be foolish to start the fight against it with computer games

21st Nov, 2004 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #

Games Sex and Violence

I think Macmain is right - computer games aren't the source. If someone wants to see nudity, he can get a movie, look it on the web, etc.

And besides, maybe it's just me, but I never heard of nudity in games undecided.gif

21st Nov, 2004 - 7:12pm / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games

It is all about perception. Personal choices when calculated on a macro level does not necessarily mean 'good'. It is the same as saying, 'Well if everyone wants to start stealing candy bars when they enter Seven Eleven, it is okay because that is their personal choice'. The other funny contrary thing that has been brought up here is that everyone seems to think that nudity and violence is okay so long as children are not participating in it. Well, the next question is why? What will they see that an unwise 16 year old may not see or even an adult. If it is bad enough that we have to shield children, then why shouldn't we need to shield adults? After all there are many adults that still think like children, so it can't be that we are worried about if they will understand.

I am not saying that one has to restrict someone's elses choice - that would be military service, I am all for freedom of choice, what I am saying is that having the masses demand such violence and nudity makes game selection hard for those who prefer not to see it. A good example of this is using a game like 'Captain America' (if there was such a game). Now Captain America stands for good things generally, and let us say that the game came out with heavy language and nudity - why should I now be stumped with this... why is it necessary to include that? Some people say it is close to 'reality' - what reality? If I want reality then I simply go outside and walk down some bad neighborhood. What people forget is that not everyone surrounds themselves with such things (violence and nudity) so when it does happen it is a rarety. Of course this is all in my opinion and everyone is entitled to theres... but I do not think a declaration of 'why not' is really an opinion. There must be a case to it.

21st Nov, 2004 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex Games - Page 4

With all respect I think the reasoning of thinking that violence or nudity in games is okay because it is something we see in our daily lives anyway, it is very stupid and I will say why. When I go out and see these things (violence and stuff) I do not have a choice that to be exposed to it because I'm part of this society and its something that happens everywhere, also I cannot control the actions of other people. But please people, let's use our brains a little bit. A game is something merely for ENTERTAINMENT purposes, unless you consider yourself a sicko who goes around a bad neighboorhood to see how someone is being shot or raped....if that's the case, then the person need psychological help. With the game, I have a choice!, (to buy it or not) if I don't buy it and many people like me do not buy it, then the manufactures will get the message and they will not produce games like that but because we are sooooo smart (sarcastically) we go buy games like that and think nothing is wrong with it, with the purpose of...what? rolleyes.gif Oh....I forgot...because it's fun seeing people bleeding, and suffering!, isn't?. rolleyes.gif
The reasoning behind that violence is all around us and that's why there is nothing wrong with games like that, is a very poor reasoning and it shows the kind of mentality that makes me wonder what are these people really capable of....because if they can find 'entertaining' a game where you have to cut heads, I cannot imagine how they really perceive human life. Scary.

21st Nov, 2004 - 9:23pm / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex Games Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 4

wait, so why do you play RPGs? Do you like your character and others dying? I don't think people buy these games because ofthe part the die, but the adventure trying not to die.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (23) »
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Violence & Sex in Games

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,