The Most Violent Religion

The Violent Religion - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 8th Dec, 2002 - 2:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (16) »
With the recent turn of events people are quick to point to one religion for war, but looking at history should we be so quick to point fingers? Predators using Religion to wage war and agression.
29th Nov, 2002 - 11:24pm / Post ID: #

At first glance you must be thinking... "Does any religion teach violence?" But this not the intent of my question. In each religion there has been some point at which its membership had to take up arms to either defend itself or stand for what they believe in. Christian, Jews, Muslims, etc. Its has been an age old thing.... BUT which one seems to have been the MOST violent in its actions? Do not rationalize events of today verses many centuries of yesater year....

FOR EXAMPLE: you may immediately think that muslims are violent, BUT what about the years of murders that the Crusaders committed in the name of Christ? Surely if they were on our time they would be called terrorists. At the same time some muslims do seem to react violently at first rather than talk... Hindus could be considered the same or even Nazis which some see Hitler as a God even today.

Sponsored Links:
30th Nov, 2002 - 3:24pm / Post ID: #

Religion Violent The

Well this is a very interesting topic. I don't believe that there is such a thing as 'violent' religions. Only some crazy people who think they're doing what God asked them to do go and kill people just like that....they're insane, I think that religion has nothing to do with this but these people need psychological help.

Post Date: 7th Dec, 2002 - 6:02am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Most Violent Religion Beliefs Religious General

I think you should include pagan in your questionaire I believe your mistaken to believe that a western culture is automatically Christian. only 1 in 1000 actually attend church on a sunday in the UK. Therefore there are 999 pagans to every Christian and Christmas is a pagan activity.

7th Dec, 2002 - 3:28pm / Post ID: #

Religion Violent The

Therefore there are 999 pagans to every Christian and Christmas is a pagan activity.

Are you a Jehovah Witness?
I fully disagree that Christmas is a pagan activity. I can agree with the date of Christmas but NOT in the commemoration itself of the birth of Christ.

Post Date: 7th Dec, 2002 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Religion Violent The

God has sent me to earth not to believe in any mans religion I create the truth. The scriptures are clear anybody that worships a tree is an idol worshipper and not of God.

8th Dec, 2002 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

But who worship the tree???? that's a TOTALLY misconception!!!!. Just because we have a nice Christmas tree with lights it doesn't mean we have it as an idol! please!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Dec, 2002 - 2:07am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Violent Religion

Idols are forbidden, a tree is a pagan idol, a cross is a pagan idol. God does not want worship through paganism he wants atonement through the spiritual awaking of the Christ within you so that you see God and walk in his kingdom. This is how God wants you to pray for his name to come inside you so that you become one in the father. Hear O Israel the Lord thy God is one. Idols are forbiddon under the laws of Moses.

8th Dec, 2002 - 2:53am / Post ID: #

The Violent Religion General Religious Beliefs

andrewfrew, stop using all our threads to speak 'your doctrine'. Each thread has a particular topic and you do your best to turn it away from the subject on to your own matters. I appreciate you want to express your thoughts, BUT this can be done through a few threads that you started already, it is not necessary to rant on other threads as well.
Please stay within your limits - thanks.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (16) »

> TOPIC: The Most Violent Religion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,