The Kon Tiki Theory

The Kon Tiki Theory - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 8th Apr, 2004 - 12:55am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

1st Apr, 2003 - 11:54pm / Post ID: #

The Kon Tiki Theory

Don't you just love a theory?

From Deseret News:

DNA STUDY POINTS TO KON TIKI THEORY -- BRIEFLY
The explorer Thor Heyerdahl insisted, contrary to all expert opinion, that
Polynesia had been settled by people from South America. He hewed balsa logs
with his own hands, persuaded five companions to join him, and courageously
sailed his raft, the Kon-Tiki, from Callao, Peru, to the Raroia atoll in
Polynesia, a journey of 4,300 miles.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...32554%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Dec, 2003 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

Theory Tiki Kon The

This sounds very familiar to the Latter-Day Saint doctrine of the Ancient Indians sailing to other islands from the Western hemisphere.

29th Dec, 2004 - 9:44pm / Post ID: #

The Kon Tiki Theory Beliefs Religious General

I find it interesting that more and more archealogy and other scientific research points toward truths found in the Book or Mormon. Yet, not ever quite conclusive. This theory seems to do that as well.

I am not sure we will ever have "conclusive" evidence, but I don't need it. I also don't happen to think that all of the "conclusive" evidence gathered regarding how old the earth is or how many came to be is really all that conclusive. I get suspicious when "men" begin referring to a theory as more than that but as absolute.

Post Date: 8th Apr, 2004 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

The Kon Tiki Theory
A Friend

Theory Tiki Kon The

In researching information about a manuscript I'm working on I contacted several people. Both LDS and non-LDS experts. Several of these contacts provided some good information, but there were some there were very useful. Because of my limited know about DNA, Peter who is non-LDS provided some fantastic info that clarify a possible migration into Polynesia from Asia or (get this) America. I've also compiled a ton of words that are familiar between Maya (Central American) and Samoan (Polynesia), so I wasn't surprise when the infomation Peter provided says that more than 30% of Samoan and Mayan words match.

Now the question is - what about Egyptian? Well, I compiled some Egyptians words that resembles, both in spelling and meaning, Samoan words. Guess what. I found several words. I then placed certain certain from American Indian languages next to them, and there were match. I'm becoming very certain that some of these Egyptian words got to the mid-Pacific by way of America.

https://solo.manuatele.net/upu.html

Take a look at these words and also check out the remainder of my manuscript - still in the working stage.

https://solo.manuatele.net

Have a GREAT day.

cool.gif

> TOPIC: The Kon Tiki Theory

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,