Utah Hinduism

Utah Hinduism - Studies of Far East Religions - Posted: 13th Jun, 2010 - 11:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Utah Hindus - Growing Hindu population in Mormon turf?
18th Jan, 2003 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #

Utah Hinduism

Growing Hindu population in Mormon turf?

When I was living in Utah during the early 80's it was very rare that you found a religion other than the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and maybe a few catholics here and there, but a Hindu temple - that could not be found. It is interesting how diverse the world is becoming.

LDS News:

international QUOTE

HINDU TEMPLE SERVES GROWING POPULATION

Tucked behind a new bank of office condominiums and an old tree line in a former
South Jordan pasture, Utah's newest temple is hidden from view unless you know
Just where to look. Source

Sponsored Links:
4th Feb, 2003 - 11:00am / Post ID: #

Hinduism Utah

Wow, I'm amazed. It must be a big population of hindues in Utah to be able to build a Hindu temple there. I went to the link you put and I was actually quiet impress with the structure of the temple. Comparing with the hindues temples in Trinidad that are known for their diversity of bright colors on their outside, this one seems more 'traditional', I'm wonder if it's because it's in Utah?.

29th Apr, 2003 - 2:08am / Post ID: #

Utah Hinduism Religions East of Studies

international QUOTE
Wow, I'm amazed. It must be a big population of hindues in Utah to be able to build a Hindu temple there.

Yes, it is become a very diverse state. No longer isolated by its population that belongs to the Church.

international QUOTE
From Deseret News:

HINDUS WELCOME DEITY TO TEMPLE

Utah's Hindu community gathered at their new temple Sunday morning, a precursor
to what they believe will be the largest celebration of their faith ever held in
the Salt Lake Valley next weekend.
Source

8th May, 2003 - 1:15am / Post ID: #

Hinduism Utah

Now isn't this interesting as far as religious tolerance goes:

international QUOTE

From LDSNews:
LDS FOUNDATION DONATES TO NEW HINDU TEMPLE
See Source 5

Initial construction on Sri Ganesha, a new Hindu temple in Utah, was
recently dedicated and consecrated over the weekend. The construction of
the temple was funded entirely through donations from individuals and local
organizations, including a donation from LDS Foundation. One of the primary
areas of focus for the foundation is to assist other religious
organizations in their valuable contributions to building strong
communities.

Post Date: 8th May, 2003 - 1:46am / Post ID: #

Utah Hinduism
A Friend

Hinduism Utah

I am a very firm advocate of live and let live there is no such thing as mormon turf that is a name we gave any body else such as the hindu can do there thing in utah and any place else they want as long as they dont interfer with the other  religons in the area this is no big deal it only becomes a big deal when we make it that way and the more you harp on the subject the biger and sometimes more ugly it gets i prefer to leave this alone and live and let live

8th May, 2003 - 2:27am / Post ID: #

Utah Hinduism

Max, lighten up, no one is harping on anyone. 'Mormon Turf' is an expression to represent that Utah is predominantly Mormon. FYI: I lived in Utah for a year and a half (years ago) and while there I never saw anything even depicting a Hindu presence, so this would be relevant to other LDS.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th May, 2003 - 3:53pm / Post ID: #

Utah Hinduism

Max, relax we are just discussing a subject in a civilized manner. Definitely Utah is a Mormon turf, everybody knows that...but it's not a criticism but just a way to point out that a great percentage of the population in there are Mormons. smile.gif Plus, I'm a Mormon (LDS) myself!

Post Date: 13th Jun, 2010 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

Utah Hinduism Studies of East Religions

Name: Ravi

Comments: As a Hindu, I must say I am very happy and pleased with the tolerance shown by Mormons in general. I like the community.

Rather off topic, but...
Mitt Romney is Mormon and I've always thought he'd make a fantastic President.

I despise Glenn Beck, who is a convert to LDS. Can the LDS community please disown or throw that moron out?

He is less of a Mormon and more of a moron. Truly.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Utah Hinduism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,