Thank God For Dead Soldiers? - Page 3 of 4

Hatred is taught to children everywhere and - Page 3 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 27th Jun, 2017 - 12:40am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
  Thank God For Dead Soldiers Westboro Baptist Church - Protest at military funeral ignites a test of free speech
Post Date: 26th Jun, 2017 - 2:17am / Post ID: #

Thank God For Dead Soldiers?
A Friend

Thank God For Dead Soldiers? - Page 3

While it should be against the law it is not. Religious beliefs are protected by the first amendment and therefore we can not do anything about how they can brainwash some of their followers. I think many in this church are very narrow thinkers but it is good that some of them are seeing this and thinking outside the box and leaving.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Jun, 2017 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Soldiers Dead God Thank

KN,

Religious beliefs are protected… but not if they can prove they harm the child or they are not in the child's best interest. This was this lady's parents subjecting her to these hideous beliefs from when she was a baby. Now we aren't about narrow minded adults who are followers but a child with no alternative.

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2017 - 8:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thank God For Dead Soldiers? Beliefs Religious General

If we can not prove that those of a religious belief who believe in non immunization of diseases is not harming a child then those with the belief of that soldiers deserve to die will be even harder to prove. Thus my statement stands *smile*.

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2017 - 9:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Soldiers Dead God Thank

Ahh, but there are states that have proven that and successfully made parents give children treatments even against their, the parents, will and against their religious beliefs. And I do hear what you are saying KN. I know this would incredibly hard to do… but I still think this is child abuse because the particular parents taught their poor child these abhorrent ideas. It's amazing that she managed to free herself from them. I guess it just goes to show that sometimes, the truth and goodness wins out.

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2017 - 11:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Soldiers Dead God Thank

Pretty much the only good arguments I can think of for such a case can also be applied to teaching pretty much any religion to kids.

Given that, even as an agnostic, I don't consider most such cases to be harmful, it might be best to leave that angle be.

27th Jun, 2017 - 12:22am / Post ID: #

These are the kinds of religious zealots that give religion a bad name. They make other believers look like they have a screw loose.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Jun, 2017 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thank God Dead Soldiers - Page 3

Yes, zealots of any stripe scare me. These are no exception. And the hatred they preach should be kept away from kids. Daishain, I hear you but hatred shouldn't be taught to children under the guise of religion.

Post Date: 27th Jun, 2017 - 12:40am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thank God Dead Soldiers General Religious Beliefs - Page 3

Hatred is taught to children everywhere and it does not have to be under the guise of religion. Granted this cult from Kansas is doing some interesting things in their teaching but they are not the only ones and others are not even religious.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Thank God For Dead Soldiers?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,