Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission - Page 3 of 6

Name: HeatherP Comments: I heard there are - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 3rd Jul, 2011 - 2:47am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
This thread has been started to keep all the West Indies Mission Alumni messages in one place so users do not become lost searching for people or content related to their former mission. This mission used to be known as: Trinidad & Tobago Mission up until 1994 and now has been reinstated (the name) again in 2007.
Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission Related Information to Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission
26th Aug, 2009 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission - Page 3

It is especially exciting when members from a particular area are able to serve in that area. This is an important step, I believe, In creating an independent stake of Zion, whose leadership (both male and female) stems from the local congregation.

I saw this on my mission and it produced some very strong members who could influence those around them in very positive ways.

Sponsored Links:
30th Aug, 2009 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

Mission Indies West Mission Tobago and Trinidad

I agree with you Dbackers, however in this particular case is a little different. The West Indies Mission never had sister missionaries before for one main reason: Safety. The safety issue hasn't changed.

Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2009 - 3:34am / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission Studies Doctrine Mormon

Discussion related to Mormon Missionaries being jailed for lack of Immigration papers can be seen here: Source 8

13th Feb, 2010 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Mission Indies West Mission Tobago and Trinidad

Some changes are happening for the West Indies Mission. Along with 14 other missions, they will be combined.

The Puerto Rico San Juan East Mission with the Dominican Republic Santo Domingo East Mission, Puerto Rico San Juan West Mission, and the West Indies Mission. The name of the Puerto Rico San Juan West Mission will be changed to the Puerto Rico San Juan Mission.

Source 1

The new mission President over the Puerto Rico San Juan Mission will be Jorge M. Alvarado (an Area Seventy). He will be serving from July 2010 to June 2013.

Source 1

I know that the two current mission presidents over the Puerto Rico East and West Mission will be finishing their missions by June/July so as soon as they're released, brother Alvarado will become the new Mission President.

However, I still trying to figure out what will happen with Claude Gamiette (current mission President over the West Indies Mission) who has been in the mission less than a year. Maybe he will serve over another mission? (new assignment?). I did not see his name on the list of Mission Presidents for 2010.

14th Feb, 2010 - 4:22am / Post ID: #

Mission Indies West Mission Tobago and Trinidad

Not enough progress I guess. Someone posed a question on why this possibly happened and I answered here: Source 8 If I compare history we have stepped back about two decades with that move, but I can't say I'm surprised.

22nd Feb, 2010 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission

According to one of my sources, the West Indies Mission did not cease to exist. President Gamiette (current West Indies Mission President) will have one additional country including the ones he currently presides over.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Feb, 2010 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission - Page 3

I got a reply from the Church News concerning the West Indies Mission. This is their reply:

international QUOTE
The West Indies Mission is not being consolidated in any way. As of July, it will also have the Barbados District in addition to the countries/islands that fall within the current West Indies Mission boundaries.

Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2011 - 2:47am / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

Name: HeatherP

Comments: I heard there are sister missionaries in the West Indies Mission but they're older sisters and they work in the mission office (for what I was told). I also head the few ones they have in the mission are locals but I just checked a site where I'm seeing a whole bunch of young sister missionaries coming to the West Indies Mission in a couple of months and I'm really concerned. I just came from a short vacation to St. Lucia where two young British girls were gang raped, I also heard many creepy stories about safety in Barbados and in Trinidad. So why did the Church decide to take young, blonde, blue-eye sister missionaries to such dangerous place like the West Indies Mission? It makes no sense to me!

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Trinidad & Tobago Mission / West Indies Mission

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,