War Of The Gods Side Stories. - Page 11 of 12

Right now its just to keep a tally and so - Page 11 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 1st Nov, 2010 - 10:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 12 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 
28th Oct, 2010 - 8:50am / Post ID: #

War Of The Gods Side Stories. - Page 11

For the time being I'll keep him around. I'll probably be looking to drop him off at a church somewhere or something once we get out of here. He'll be just about perfect as a healer for the time being, but he is going to get killed if I try to drag him around adventuring. Need a full cleric for that. Anyhow, character sheet is below:

Taleahn
Human Adept, 1st lvl
HP:11 AC: 11 = 10+1(Dexterity bonus)
Str 14
Dex 12
Con 14
Int 10
Wis 13
Cha 10
Initiative: +1
BAB: +0
Melee: +2
Ranged: +1
Fortitude: 0+2+0 = +2
Reflex: 0+1+0 = +1
Will: 2+1+0 = +3
Feats:
1 x level
Dodge
1 x racial
Toughness
Class
Weapon Proficiency(Simple)
Skills:
Knowledge(religion): 4+0 = +4
Profession(herbalist): 4+1 = +5
Heal: 4+1 = +5
Spot: 0+1 = +1
Listen: 0+1 = +1
Search: 0+0 = +0
Languages:
Common
Equipment:
Masterworked silver holy symbol

I wasn't really sure about the feats. Figured those two might keep him alive a bit longer. I was halfway tempted to just go toughness twice. Not too bothered about the spell-renewal time. Just go ahead and randomly roll it.

Brommeth is a whining ingrate. If her really wants to leave I'll let him out of the cell and he can tell his sob-story to the guard. tongue.gif

Is the axe an x3 critical multiplier like other axes, or x2 because it's a bit sh|t?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tal, is your cage unlocked? Are you fighting now?"

Sponsored Links:
28th Oct, 2010 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #

Stories Side Gods The War

Tal = lvl 3

No Tal's padlock is still secure, the key was just for your cage.

Brommeth storms up to the cellar doors then pauses and comes marching back,
he then proceeds to take out his anger, bare fisted, against the wooden training doll.

Then you hear the muffled roar of the crowd, "must have been a hell of an execution" Tal points out. A few minutes later the gong sounds, Brommeth beats you to the door, he turns and smiles as it swings open "give them hell but don't you go dying on me! I need you still"

Axe will just be a x2 crit.

Though the first door is a stone hallway, blood soaks the sand at your feet that lead to the iron gates before the arena,

"Close the door" a high pitched wheezy voice yells, is as nasty tone as possible at you, looking down you see a malformed Homunculus limping to the door shaking its head mumbeling to itself.

The iron bars raise and as you step out all of the arena is visable.
Its cicular, has 4 gates like yours and on either side of them and between them a well fashioned slightly larger door, with a veiwing platform above them (for the owner of the gladiator and company), opposing the centre larger door on the other side of the circle is what could be considered the throne room, Up far higher then the other viewing platforms, a fine stone gladiator chiseld into its base.
This is a full large room that is open to a balcony, its adorned with tapestry of feirce battles, golden candle sticks, mastercrafted furniture and of course a throne.

In the pit the walls surrounding you are 20ft high and covered in all manor af nasty sharp bits of twisted metal covered with caltrop like spikes. The largest spikes are clearly at chest hight or at the top angled downwards to discourage anyone trying to escape.
6 15ft pillars make a large circle around a 15ft by 15ft grate in the centre of the arena, The pit. 5 gargoyels sit perched upon these pillars. The pillar infornt of the throne rooms is more of a steep tilted stariway that curves and hangs over the pit, at the very end carved out of the stone is the figure of a woman halfway throwing herself to the pit. On her head you see a bright almost glowing golden circlet, and even from your angle you notice the nice sized familiar looking ruby in the center or it. (same type as Liz's ring)

Off tothe side you see a grey skinned monsteroue humanoid a Grimlock, holding a stone battle axe, twisting and turning watching his back waiting for his next foe, a few corpses already lay at his feet.

.,.,.,.,.TR,.,.,.,.,.,
D.,.,.,.,p,.,.,.,.,.D,
.,.,.p.,.,\,.,p.,.,.,
.,.,.,.,.{ }.,.,.,.,.
d,.,.p.,.,.,.,p,.,.d.,
.,d.,.,.,.p.,.,.,.,d
,.,.,.,.,.,D.,.,.,.,.

TR throne room
D big door under platform
d gate
p pillar

Reconcile Edited: testsubject1 on 28th Oct, 2010 - 5:13pm

29th Oct, 2010 - 1:57am / Post ID: #

War Of The Gods Side Stories. Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Bah, ok, new character sheet below:

Taleahn
Human Adept, 3rd lvl
HP:23 AC: 11 = 10+1(Dexterity bonus)
Str 13
Dex 12
Con 14
Int 10
Wis 14
Cha 10
Initiative: +2
BAB: +1
Melee: +2
Ranged: +2
Fortitude: 1+2+0 = +3
Reflex: 1+1+0 = +2
Will: 3+1+0 = +4
Feats:
1 x level
Dodge
Mobility
1 x racial
Toughness
Class
Weapon Proficiency(Simple)
Summon Familiar
Skills:
Knowledge(religion): 6+0 = +6
Profession(herbalist):6+1 = +7
Heal: 6+1 = +7
Spot: 0+1 = +1
Listen: 0+1 = +1
Search: 0+0 = +0
Languages:
Common
Equipment:
Masterworked silver holy symbol
Spells
0x4
1x3
0 - Create Water, Ghost Sound, Light, Mending
1 - Cure Light Wounds x 2, Burning Hands

(laugh), next level he get's invisibility. That'll make an escape easy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Un'Rogaar grips his rusted axe tightly, circling his opponent, watching for weaknesses in his fighting style. He finds a clear line, and charges.

OOC: I'm going to charge here, with combat expertise on full. Just want to get within charging distance, and find a big straight line to the Grimlock. That will make for +5, 1d6+5 20/x2, 13AC. Obviously next round it will be +3 to hit, 15AC, same stats.

29th Oct, 2010 - 3:52am / Post ID: #

Page 11 Stories Side Gods The War

You notice it is blind and think how unfair the fight will be, but as soon as you charge in it pin points your location and the fight is on.

Far k, It turns to meet your attack but too late as you score a crit off the charge and do as much damage as possible with the puny axe.
22damage

It retaliates with a roar and 12 damage

Your attack in retern is 11Damage

Then He hits you for 9 (21)

You hit back for 9

He is tiring and hits you for 7 (28)

After the barrage of trading attacks you become accustomed to his movements and them landing, but then he pulls a new move as he dodges your attack completely and slams his stone axe into your back for 18 damage. (46) ouch.

You have dealt 42 and he looks near death, I imagine you do too? If you drop below 0 but still alive not -10 he leaves you and you will get dragged away, but if you still have some fight in you,

with a mighty twist you bring your axe around dealing 10 damage and ending the barbaric grimlock!

Items aquired for slave arena
Stone battle Axe

Exp
Scorpions 450
Sailors 200
Grimlock 400
Bonus 100
Tot = 1150

29th Oct, 2010 - 4:58am / Post ID: #

Stories Side Gods The War

Un'Rogaar picks up the axe from the bloodied pile of Grimlock, roaring into the air before limping back to his gate.

"Little help ......." He groans, leaning against the bars of Tal's cage.

OOC: 53hp total, so 7 remaining. That fight was way more even than I was expecting. Lucky I levelled up after the lycans. What sort of stats does this battleaxe have?

1st Nov, 2010 - 3:58am / Post ID: #

War Of The Gods Side Stories.

Normal battle axe stats, as you enter the hall way to your training room you notice the door is locked, "hrrm" the little homunculus like creature clears its throat, "the rusty axe" and he motions for you to put it down. When you do you hear the door click open.

Once back inside Tal has his spells prepared and brommeth asks how it went,
Suprisingly Brommeth knows much about the arena workings.

You start as a slave/fotter if you survive long enough you become a whelp and above that is a contender,

You just fought and beat a contender, very rare for fotter to take down a contender, normally the crowd don't like to see a contenders path to gladiator hood ended by a fotter match. Then again at least you didn't make it look easy, and he looks over your wounds.

You didn't discern considerable favour in one way or the other, no massive boo's or cheers,
Attempting a crowd favour point system
2 crit hits,
1 battle length
1 tougher opponent
1 close ending
-1 being unknown
-1 ending slightly favoured contenders reighn to gladiatorhood
-1 racism (being half giant)

the crowd always has the last call and you can make requests from them at the end of a fight before learning your crowd favour, requests can be of keeping a certain weapon, facing a particular foe and the likes, It will always cost favour but even if you are highly favoured may still not be granted.

Fotter, like all others takes what he wants from his opponent, but that is all he takes, not even his own gear returns to his training room.
The items you take can be sold or held to use later.
Fotter is thrown at enimies at random, ussually expected to die,
Prove strong and entertaining.

Whelp,
Your fotter with a stinger, novelty matches and entertainment are the fights of a whelp, randomized weapon draws, enemies and potions will effect most your battles, even the greatest fighter can be brought down by a negative potion and the draw of no weapon. You keep all items now.
Just survive.

Contender, A contender gets a master who has a little external say in his armor and weapons but nothing compared to a gladiator or a champion.
The odds are not in his favour, most don't exceed this rank, but your fights are not random and you may be able to learn of them and your opponents in advance.
Win the crowds favour as quick as possible.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Nov, 2010 - 2:58pm / Post ID: #

War The Gods Side Stories. - Page 11

Ok, so 1d8 20/x3. Got it.

How should I expect these favour points to effect my character and his fights? Just in the weapon/opponent selection? Or should I expect that the Captain is paid better the higher my favour is?

How long should I expect to have between fights? Long enough to consider Un'Rogaar fully healed, or will I need to worry about HP between fights? Oh, and I presume they feed us down here?

How do I climb ranks? Must be based on number of fights or something, right? I mean I beat a 'Whelp', but that doesn't mean that I have risen to that rank, does it? And finally, am I supposed to wait for a prompt, or just kill them ASAP?

1st Nov, 2010 - 10:53pm / Post ID: #

War The Gods Side Stories. D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 11

Right now its just to keep a tally and so you can see what they dislike or like, so it can be measured and recorded, it will also effect things outside of your control, Each rank will probably need a certain amount of favour.
The captain isn't getting more money until you up the rank but you may get more/better fights. The last line under the descriptions was the general idea what to do to pass it. Most will happen with time anyway but depending how soon you want to do other things you can speed it along, I will probably put an option in later to try and buy favour, spread some money and rumors sorta thing.

You will have to worry about hp and sleep between battles, at the end of a battle tell me how you will spend the next 8 hours, if you wish to ignore the gongs you can have Tal check the door and wake you when its unlocked.

It will be based on die roll, just depending how I feel will detrmine wich die tongue.gif
Also I think I'll include your ending health into their desesion to send you back out or not, more injured less chance, but more fights in a day = more favour bonus.
(you could probably bluff this a little to one way or the other)

Nothing more is expected of fotter than to fight for his life, and madly.

Let me know how you think this is panning out,
and if you got any ideas, or what works or dosen't?

maybe at certain level of fame I will throw out a bonus, like at 10, 20, so forth

+  « First of 12 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 

> TOPIC: War Of The Gods Side Stories.

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.