Why Do Temple Married Couples Still End In Divorce

Why Temple Married Couples Divorce - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 19th Nov, 2003 - 2:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Mormon Temple Divorce - Controversial Mormon Issue
Why Do Temple Married Couples Still End In Divorce Related Information to Why Do Temple Married Couples Still End In Divorce
Post Date: 19th Nov, 2003 - 12:44am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Hi everyone,

Ever since I become a member I learn alot from the church people... But I got one problems that I found out most couple tie the knot at the temple and still divorce after few years.

I wonder if it's ok with the church to let those member remarried after married at the temple.

I am looking to hear from all of your opinion.

Sponsored Links:
19th Nov, 2003 - 1:04am / Post ID: #

Divorce In Still Couples Married Temple Why

I wonder if it's  ok with the  church to let  those member remarried  after married at  the temple.

Yes, of course it's okay to let them remarried. I understand your point though but you have to think that just because somebody got married in the Temple it doesnt mean their lives or persons are perfect. Put the example of a great woman who married in the Temple to a guy that she thought was the greatest man on Earth. The first years were great and then the guy turned to be abusive, physical and mental abusive and also to their children. Don't you think this woman has the right to get a divorce from him and re-married again if she finds the right person?. I think she does. Now the sealing issue is another thing, she can ask to be unsealed from her husband (Only the First Presidency approves this in ONLY very special circumstances) but if she doesn't, she will be only allow to marry for time. In the case of men in general, they can be sealed to more than one woman. Not very fair, isn't? wink.gif

Post Date: 19th Nov, 2003 - 5:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Why Do Temple Married Couples Still End In Divorce Studies Doctrine Mormon

Thanks LDS_Forever, I think your point is really good though now I understand though.

19th Nov, 2003 - 12:39pm / Post ID: #

Now the sealing issue is another thing, she can ask to be unsealed from her husband (Only the First Presidency approves this in ONLY very special circumstances) but if she doesn't, she will be only allow to marry for time.

From personal experience I can say that the sealing of the first marriage generally isn't broken until the woman is ready to marry again, if at all. This is because there are other blessings besides having the husband, that come as a result of the sealing. We need to be sealed in a Temple in order to receive exaltation, for example. If the sealing is broken so are those possible blessings. If it weren't for the need to keep myself eligible for these other blessings of the sealing, I would object strongly to remaining sealed to my ex even if I never get married again. I don't want to be with him in eternity and I am reasonably sure I won't be.

You might say if the marriage has ended, you won't get those blessings anyway, but that is not true. My marriage ended because my husband wanted it to. I am not saying the breakdown of the marriage was all his fault (although I might wink.gif ), but the actual choice for divorce was his. I had no say in it and did not want it. I would have preferred counseling. Anyway, if I live my life as righteously as possible while on earth then I will be eligible for all the blessings that come with a temple marriage - exaltation, eternal increase, etc. It is my understanding that I may be matched up with someone else who finds themselves in the same situation or maybe I will be a second wife for someone who is sealed to their first wife, I don't know. What I know is the actual Temple sealing needs to have happened here on earth and so it has.

This is how it has been explained to me. Anyone with further enlightenment, please share it with me. Thanks.

19th Nov, 2003 - 2:16pm / Post ID: #

From personal experience I can say that the sealing of the first marriage generally isn't broken until the woman is ready to marry again, if at all

Actually I know several couples in Utah who were sealed in the Temple and one of the parts have required from the First Presidency for the unsealing of their marriages and they were granted to and none of them were ready to marry again.

19th Nov, 2003 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

Now, that is interesting since I was told that the Church won't break it until I am ready to get remarried.  Is it possible one of the parties to the marriage was getting remarried?  Maybe I was given bad information and need to go back to my bishop about it. Hmmmmmm.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Nov, 2003 - 2:29pm / Post ID: #

Why Temple Married Couples Still In Divorce

No, none of the parts were ready to re-marry and I don't think you got the information wrong, the way your Bishop explained you is the logical way! but  I tell you, all these couples I know are from Utah and it seems to me that some things just go crazy somehow there, don't ask me why. I know at least 3 couples with the same incident. I don't really know what to say *shrugs*

19th Nov, 2003 - 2:32pm / Post ID: #

Why Temple Married Couples Still In Divorce Mormon Doctrine Studies

So, do you think they chose knowingly to give up the other blessings that come as a result of having been sealed in the Temple just because of anger and bitterness towards their ex-spouse or that the Bishops didn't handle it well?

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Why Do Temple Married Couples Still End In Divorce

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,