Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin

Documentary on Interactive Fiction - Text Games or IF.
Post Date: 17th Oct, 2010 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

Get Lamp

Get Lamp

What is your review for the informative documentary called, "Get Lamp"?

Get Lamp
Get Lamp (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Oct, 2010 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

Lamp Get

At the dawn of the era of home computing, an unusual type of game was the most popular to play. With just a screen of text and a prompt, you would be asked the simple question: What do you want to do next? As you typed in commands and sentences, the games would tell you a story a story fraught with danger, excitement, puzzles and hours of exploration. Victory would seem just around the next corner or through the next barrier. Players could spend hours, weeks or months immersed in these games, testing their thinking skills to the limit and sharing their victories and defeats. They were called text adventures, adventure games, and interactive ficiton. They dominated the sales charts and introduced millions to the power and flexibility of home computers. No other type of computer game could come close. And then they were gone forever. Or maybe they never actually left. Director Jason Scott interviewed dozens of creators, players, and scholard about the experience and effect of text adventures and interactive fiction. The result is Get Lamp, a documentary with multiple paths that takes you from a cave deep in Kentucky to the arrival of what some think is a brand new form of literature. What do you want to do next?

27th Nov, 2010 - 3:42am / Post ID: #

Get Lamp Reviews RPG & Card Board

I just finished watching Get Lamp. It took me two tries to see the whole thing. They way it is put together can be a bit laborious to watch. I came from the era of ZORK and the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy so this was somewhat interesting. Mainly I wanted to see if they mentioned anything about play by post format but there wasn't any mention of it. It did give me a few things to think about in incorporating interactive fiction with what we do here.

> TOPIC: Get Lamp

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,