Mysteries of 666 - Page 2 of 5

Good point JB which I hadn't thought of before. - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 20th Oct, 2003 - 11:00am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Is the mark of the beast on your head and hand?
25th Aug, 2003 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

Mysteries of 666 - Page 2

binnampa, wow interesting theory. I never heard of it before...any link you may have where I can read more about it?.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Aug, 2003 - 6:21pm / Post ID: #

Mysteries of 666
A Friend

Mysteries

I don't know of any specific links, but you can obtain the CDs from Deseretbook.com. The title is "The key to understanding the Book of Revelation" by Richard D. Draper.

Of all the different theories about the mark of the beast, this one made the most sense to me. Anyone who does the will of the beast (mark in the hand) or thinks the thoughts of the beast (mark in the forhead). This is then compared to those that are sealed in their foreheads to God.

26th Aug, 2003 - 12:45am / Post ID: #

Mysteries of 666 Studies Doctrine Mormon

Thanks bin for the information. I will check the Deseret site online to see how much cost that CD wink.gif. Please feel free to add your thoughts in the other LDS threads if you feel too. smile.gif Thanks again.

Post Date: 10th Sep, 2003 - 3:45am / Post ID: #

Mysteries of 666
A Friend

Page 2 Mysteries

[center] I'm Super Active [/center][table] [tr][td] Years a Member: [/td][td] 24 years [/td][/tr] [tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr] [/table]
I have studied this topic quite a bit and realise that there is nothing really set out in the form of doctrine.  However, it is true that after the worship you receive the mark of the beast being 666.  Generally speaking there are only three great sins that all sins can be branched under.  Obviously with various degrees of seriousness.  What I am referring to are

1 denying of the holy ghost

2 immoral

3 murder

Obviously there more servere the greater the punishment.  My personal believe is that as we start to go down the path that would lead to commiting of one or all of these then we are not worshiping god matt 6:24.  Any thing less than perfect can not dwell in the presence of God and therefore the need for Christ.  I think that this is why the firs presidency have recently come out really strong on the above three topics more then they have ever as this world is accepting the above three sins as being relatively okay.  The world is going like sodom and the worst it has ever been.  As you read the book of mormon you can see howmany times that they thought the above three sins were okay.  As they did so, so they were distroyed or punished.  I believe that this applies to us today.  

21st Sep, 2003 - 7:36pm / Post ID: #

Mysteries

Any thing less than perfect can not dwell in the presence of God and therefore the need for Christ.

That is my main point and opinion in this subject. That the use of 666 is figurative and symbolic to show just how imperfect the 'beast' is.... how far from Godliness. When we take the 'mark' on us, it is the same as when we are 'less than' Godliness or imperfect. John may have used this as a means to show us just how far removed men would become from God in things they did and thought.

29th Sep, 2003 - 2:59pm / Post ID: #

Mysteries of 666

There is a very informative set of CDs by Richard Draper on the apocalyptic nature of the Book of Revelation.

Thanks for the info on the CDs.  I am going to try to get them from Deseret Book Club.  This subject intriques me.  For a long time I wouldn't use my debit card when making purchases.  I insisted on writing checks because I thought this could be what they meant by we would need a number to buy and sell.  Of course checks could be looked at the same way so I now use my debit card.  :smile.gif

When thinking about it, it is unlikely that it will be as simple as receiving 666 tatooed on our foreheads or hands.  Just about everyone would recognize why not to do that even with very little gospel knowledge.  

If the "666" truly is to be marked on us physically, I believe it will be more subtle than that so that the average person won't be so aware.  This way only those viewed as radical or extreme would refuse.

As long as we stay close to the teachings of our Church leaders and especially the Prophet we don't need to be worried.  The Prophet will not lead us astray.  

Therefore, whosoever belongeth to my church need not fear, for such shall inherit the kingdom of heaven (D&C 10:55)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Oct, 2003 - 9:55pm / Post ID: #

Mysteries 666 - Page 2

As long as we stay close to the teachings of our Church leaders and especially the Prophet we don't need to be worried.  The Prophet will not lead us astray.

Sure, and that is why we need to be just as familiar with modern day teachings just as much as we can be with olden time scripture. One of the characteristics of the beast that we are made aware of is that he cannot fool the wise, the wise will know the difference and not receive the mark.

20th Oct, 2003 - 11:00am / Post ID: #

Mysteries 666 Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

Good point JB which I hadn't thought of before.  We might spend all kinds of time studying Revelation for the signs of the times.  We might reflect on the Old Testament and wonder why we don't live our lives more closely in line with it's teachings.  However, one of the most important, if not the most important, things we should do is learn what our current prophet tells us.  In line with this, conference should be a time to listen and see what the prophet and his leadership finds to be the areas where we must be focusing our attentions.

That leads me to say that Relief Society and Priesthood lessons, which specifically teach us what modern day prophets have to tell us, should be as closely studied as our scriptures and Sunday School study.

I hadn't really thought of it like this before.  Thanks for the insight.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Mysteries of 666

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,