[Medieval] Trade Zone!

[medieval] Trade Zone - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 9th May, 2008 - 7:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock

+  1 2 
18th Feb, 2003 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Trade Zone!

The Game Master says...

Trader's Zone

In this section you can trade with other players if you are in the same scenario as them, but remember, all that you have must coincide with what the GM has. Example: Player A and Player B trades a helmet for a crossbow, but they do not inform the GM, then the trade never took place as far as the GM is concerned as he keeps records of what each character has.

Trade Process:

1. Make sure you are in a position to trade Example: you cannot trade in the middle of a battle, when you are in one place and the character is miles away. In the game both characters must be physically capable of trading.

2. All trading takes place here or by IM to each other or by email to each other. When you reach upon an agreement BOTH users must email the GM the following:

------start copy-----
1. Your username:
2. Your character's name:
3. What are you trading:
4. With whom are you trading:
  ------end copy------

Do the above for each character you trade. If you are trading with more than one character then send an email for EACH character you trade with.

3. The character you traded with must also send an email to the GM to verify the agreement.

[Credits] Thanks to bink for the idea smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
27th Feb, 2004 - 12:48am / Post ID: #

Zone Trade Medieval

The Game Master says...

To make even greater use of this thread I have decided to allow for this to be a suggestion thread on possible Medieval items that could be available in the market. However, for it to make sense to general 'World Conquering' you should indicate:

1. Name of item
2. What it can do/possible uses
3. probable price in GPs for such an item

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2005 - 9:35am / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Trade Zone!
A Friend

[Medieval] Trade Zone! RPG PBP Medieval World

This is a post for a suggested weapon that I had hoped to see in the market, but wasn't there.
Throwing Dagger
Causes 1-3 points of damage
max range 50 ft. (is this unreasonable?)
Good for cleaning underneath finger nails smile.gif
Price: 4 gold each (reusable if you can retrieve them) (can be used as a melee weapon as well)
A brief description of why I think this is balanced:
Good Points: They are versatile as they can be used for ranged and close combat
Cheaper than a dagger or bow/arrows (if you only buy one)
Easy to conceal and easy to carry multiple due to small size
Reusable
Does more damage than a sling
Bad points : Range is less than half of a bow
more expensive than a sling
Does less damage than a bow/arrows
If planning to throw them you will likely require more than one (can get quite expensive)
Probably wouldn't want to throw them if you were not reasonably sure you could pick them up again
GM would have to keep up with how many daggers a character has left and if a character has retrieved them (could be a hassle)
So? What do you think? My only concerns are with the last point I made about GM stress and hassle and the range (I've never seen professionals throw knives so I really had no idea).
-Unferth

11th Apr, 2005 - 1:19pm / Post ID: #

Zone Trade Medieval

The Game Master says...

Unferth - you want to tax my brain to keep track of who throws knives and who doesn't? wink.gif That is a good item, but it is not unique enough to be different from throwing your own dagger and then retrieving it or using a sling / bow. If someone wants to simulate the effect they can simply buy more daggers.

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2007 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Trade Zone!
A Friend

Zone Trade Medieval

Deleted my suggestion, realizing that it would create a burden on the GM.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 29th Aug, 2007 - 1:29am

Post Date: 5th May, 2008 - 3:52am / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Trade Zone!
A Friend

[Medieval] Trade Zone!

I'd like to see a flail in the market place. I'd say it would cost about as much as a mace or a short sword but hit as hard as a long sword or maybe even a little more (1d10?) I was hoping my character could dual wield flails but since they were unavailable I went with maces instead.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th May, 2008 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Trade Zone

Kalfie is selling a set of Leather armor if any are in need. Price just make your offer here or in camp thread is fine with me.

9th May, 2008 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

[Medieval] Trade Zone World Medieval PBP RPG

I'd give you half the cost for it but I don't got any gold to spare, I don't even have rations.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: [Medieval] Trade Zone!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,