Whats Your Favourite Rpg? - Page 3 of 5

Sure the platform games are good, but none - Page 3 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 7th Apr, 2005 - 11:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 5th Dec, 2004 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

Whats Your Favourite Rpg?
A Friend

Whats Your Favourite Rpg? - Page 3

QUOTE (Smudge @ 5-Dec 04, 1:33 AM)
Wait a minute, I didn't know there was Final Fantasy XIII shocked.gif' /><!--endemo--> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd--><br /> It depends on what country you're from.  I can't remember the exact numbers, but the Final Fantasy series was farther ahead in Japan than in America when they released it for foreign markets.  So what may be FFVII in the US is something like FFXI in Japan, or something like that. </p></div>

</div><div style=
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Dec, 2004 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Rpg Favourite Whats

Isn't harvest moon a game in which you are some farmer of some kind and you grow stuff and milk the cows and make chicken lay eggs and stuff like that ?

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2005 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Whats Your Favourite Rpg? Reviews RPG & Card Board

I have never played the Final Fantasy games, so I cannot include those. I, for one, am still waiting for the ultimate RPG to come out. Fable was the largest bust of 2004...for that matter, maybe ever. The world was tiny (I mean miniscule! Smaller than Vivec (1 city) in Morrowind). The fighting was pretty good, although there were some lockon issues with magic and ranged. Morrowind was so close...dang it Bethesda! I play it on xbox, and it is not quite "it." The fighting is horrible, although the world is incredible. The gameplay does get a little boring, for the music was done poorly, as well as the interaction with other characters. So, for now, am I still doing the d20 thing, untill a true RPG arrives for a system. I just don't really want to talk about this subject, because I don't have much praise for anything. I suppose though, to answer your question, if you include Zelda: The Ocarina of Time as an RPG and not a fighting-adventure game, then it is the best of all time. If any of you really know about a good RPG, please tell me, for every one I have played is just let-down after let-down. KOTOR is OK, but it also is like Zelda, and not a true open RPG.

Message Edited!
FarSeer: Edited language. Please don't use cuss or swear words; it really isn't necessary to make your point. Thanks!

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 15th Jan, 2005 - 5:24pm

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2005 - 5:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Rpg Favourite Whats

If we're talking video games here, I would have to say that Septerra Core had to be the one I have enjoyed the most as far as gameplay and story. I have played other games that had good stories, but really couldn't be considered RPGs.

If we're talking RPG on the computer in general, many of you don't have the slightest idea what a MUSH is. It's the original MMPOG (massively multi-player online game). It's all text, but it can be as good as sitting around the table with a bunch of friends all wearing costumes. On some of them, people really try to get into character and you can take on a role without ever having to spend time fighting monsters unless that's what you want to do. Now that's a real RPG. Too bad I haven't had time to do things like that for a long time.

14th Jan, 2005 - 6:22pm / Post ID: #

Rpg Favourite Whats

I have to admit that I am personally not much of a gamer, but my favorite RPG would have to be Diablo II (especially with the Lord of Destruction expansion pack). I have always been a great fan of Blizzard's game titles and Diablo II certainly is one of the best games ever to leave Blizzard's game production halls.

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2005 - 4:09am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I thought FFVIII was good, but my favorite RPG ever was probably FFVII. It has the best storyline and the characters are awesome! Sephiroth is the best bad guy in the history of video games and Cloud is the best Hero! Why else would they bring the two back in Kingdom Hearts!? smile.gif Yeah definitely Final Fantasy VII all the way!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Apr, 2005 - 1:06am / Post ID: #

Whats Favourite Rpg - Page 3

It depends on what country you're from. I can't remember the exact numbers, but the Final Fantasy series was farther ahead in Japan than in America when they released it for foreign markets. So what may be FFVII in the US is something like FFXI in Japan, or something like that.

To add my two cents into that quote japan would be the creators of final fantasy and to be honest they have more than the usa does. We did get ff1 but then we skipped to four wich was two to us. Then we skipped all the way to seven and rather then calling it three decided to call it seven as well. My favorite game would be marrowind as well to add to the list with arthyr and shadowninja. I do have it on x-box and the game is very detialed and many choices can be made wether to be a good guy or bad guy or just switch between them as you wish. You even get to create your own class and customize it later on. As you use your skills more, the better you get at them. As of current statistics on my character; He is a level 13 samurai that is a redgaurd he specializes in long blades, short blades, and medium armour. Anyways I love that game.

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2005 - 11:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Whats Favourite Rpg Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 3

Sure the platform games are good, but none of them are awesome. Call me a traditionalist, but I like DnD. Give me a piece of paper and a pen with some dice, and I'll play all day. I guess for those with less imagination, then the platform games are good.

+  1 2 3 4 5 
> TOPIC: Whats Your Favourite Rpg?

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,