Pandora's Radio Argentina - Radio in Argentina

- Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 3rd Jun, 2014 - 4:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
12th Dec, 2003 - 9:13pm / Post ID: #

Radio in Argentina

For those of you who did not know, Pandora is really a multi-talented lady, check out one of her sites (Moved to this Thread) about her past work in radio and journalism.

Sponsored Links:
12th Dec, 2003 - 9:20pm / Post ID: #

Argentina Radio Argentina Radio Pandoras

I did a google search on both of you a few months back biggrin.gif and this was one of the sites to which I was led. I read it with great interest. It is really cool to get to know another side of someone you converse with on the net.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 12th Dec, 2003 - 9:21pm

12th Dec, 2003 - 9:27pm / Post ID: #

Pandora's Radio Argentina - Radio in Argentina Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I did a google search on both of you a few months back

laugh.gif As you probably saw, we are all over the net.

We will be updating the radio site later today with some more interviews.

13th Dec, 2003 - 6:19pm / Post ID: #

international QUOTE

I did a google search on both of you a few months back...

Oh you're checking us huh? laugh.gif we better behave ourselves. I'm glad you like my site. I hope to add more soon.

[English]

This site covers my background in Radio and Journalism in Argentina, my native country. The links above and below cover various aspects of the media as it relates to my career. Such topics include; Interviews with celebrities, controversies, and even tips for your future goals in this exciting profession.

[Español]

Este sitio cubre mi pasado en Radio y Periodismo en Argentina, mi país de origen. Los links de arriba y debajo cubren varios aspectos del Medio como así tambien relata mi carrera. Incluye títulos tales como; Entrevistas con celebridades, controversias, y aún sugerencias para tus metas futuras en esta excitante profesión.

3rd Jun, 2014 - 3:36pm / Post ID: #

[Media]

[El Medio]

My passion for radio started when I was 13 years old and I used to spend hours listening to radio programs and calling the station so that they became familiar with me.. I made lots of friends in this way and it allowed me to visit them and know how a radio station looks. Wow, I was "In love"When I put my feet there for the first time. I start working in radio when I was 14, I called a station to request a song and they put me on the air and the announcer after of my song asked me to stay on a private line, so I did and he asked me if I would be interested to work there...I didn't know what to say.... So I said, "Yes" With a smile.

I had an interview with one of the owners of the radio station and he gave me a test which consisted of a practical test in the microphone to evaluate my expression and security. I passed it successfully and I started to work right away as a journalist/announcer in a radio magazine. It was a great experience since I obtained my first tools in media there. Every day I was becoming more and more in love with the radio and the "Magic" That it brings to your life and the life of the people that listen to you. They don't know who you are, they don't know how you look, they don't know nothing about your life, etc...so the imagination plays a very important role there because they "Imagine" You in a certain way that probably you are not. If you went to a radio station broadcast room before, you know what I'm talking about...if you didn't...what are you waiting for?.

Through the years my experience grew until I became more demanding about myself and my work. I wanted professionalism, not just "The little girl talking in the radio for fun". I wanted to be in a certain level of excellence and I worked very hard to obtain this goal. When I finish high school I wanted to study to become an announcer. I was very sure to do that but when I found out that there are only two professional places by law that teach this subject and also the fact that it is very difficult to enroll (Since an average of 1,000 people register to do the exam and only about 30 actually are admitted) I decided to study journalism since I love news and in particular, 'Investigation Journalism'.

Sol at 16 working at FM Triunvirato

Mi pasión por la radio comenzó cuando tenía 13 años y pasaba horas escuchando programas de radios y llamando a las emisoras para que ellos se familiaricen conmigo. Hice muchos amigos en esta forma y esto me permitió visitarlos y saber como es una radio. Wow, "Me enamore" Cuando puso mis pies alli por mi primera vez. Comenze a trabajar en una emisora cuando tenía 14 años, yo había llamado a un programa para pedir una canción y me pusieron al aire, el locutor me pidió que me quedara por línea privada y me preguntó si yo estaría interesada en trabajar alli. Yo no supe que decir...y dije, "Si" Con una sonrisa.

Tuve una entrevista con uno de los dueños de la estación de radio quien me puso a prueba en el micrófono para evaluar mi expresión y seguridad. La prueba fue un exito y comenze a trabajar rapidamente como periodista/locutora en una radio magazine. Esto fue de una gran experiencia [Yes] que obtuve mis primeras armas en el area alli. Cada día me fui enamorando más y más de la radio y la "Magia" Que trae a tu vida y a la vida de aquellos que te escuchan. No saben quien eres, no saben como eres fisicamente, no saben nada acerca de tu vida, etc...asi que la imaginación juega un muy importante rol porque ellos te "Imaginan" En una cierta forma que probablemente no eres. Si has ido a una emisora de radio antes, sabes de que estoy hablando...si no has ido...que estás esperando?.

A traves de los años mi experiencia creció hasta convertirme más exigente conmigo misma y con mi trabajo. Quería profesionalismo, no solo "La chiquita que habla en la radio para divertirse". Quería estar en un cierto nivel de excelencia y trabaje muy duro para obtener esta meta. Cuando termine la escuela secundaria quería estudiar para ser locutora. Yo estaba muy segura de hacer esto pero cuando averigue que existen solamente dos lugares por ley que enseñan esta materia y el hecho de que es muy dificil entrar (Ya que un estimado numero de 1,000 personas se registran para hacer la prueba de ingreso y solamente 30 pueden ser admitidos) decidí estudiar periodismo [Yes] que me encantan las noticias y en particular, "Periodismo de Investigación".

Post Date: 3rd Jun, 2014 - 3:53pm / Post ID: #

History of Radio

An Italian, Guglielmo Marconi, is credited with initiating the concept of radio. The theory of sending electromagnetic waves through the air was developed as a means of improving the then current system of transmitting Morse code, which occurred via telegraph lines. Because wires were not necessary for this system to work, it was appropriately called the wireless. Prior to 1924, radio was used primarily for maritime (I.e. Ship-to-shore communication) and as a means of contact between the many amateur radio clubs which existed.

Old time radioAfter World War One, the concept of radio as a commercial venture began to be explored. Marconi Industries was established in Britain and, in America, Westinghouse started its own station, KDKA in Pennsylvania, to broadcast presidential election results. However, this was not enough incentive for potential listeners to buy radio sets. Because they could see the market would soon diminish, Westinghouse needed to create an alternative source of revenue. This was when advertising began in the form of "Sponsorships". Hence, the introduction of "Commercial Radio".

In Australia, the Federal Government set up the Sealed Set Radio System in 1923, whereby people paid, per station, per year, for their listening privileges. However, this proved unsuccessful, as people simply opened the sets up and adjusted them to the stations they wanted. The Federal Government then introduced a Two-tier Licensing System in 1927/28, under which they kept control of the "A Class" Licenses (Which later became the ABC) and left "B Class" Licenses available for private commercial ventures that were to be self-funding. These "B Class" Stations were able to broadcast sponsorship tags from 1932 and full commercials shortly thereafter.

These stations set out to be sources of entertainment and attracted many former "Sealed set" Listeners and new listeners as well. The Australian Broadcasting Corporation was established in July, 1932, after joining all the "A Class" Licenses together to form a "Cultural educator" For Australia. This caused great controversy as some saw it as an essential service while others said it was a waste of time and taxpayers' money. Based on the BBC, the "highbrow" Approach of the ABC proved too much for many average Australians and thus the Commercial Radio Stations flourished. Successive ABC Chairmen and Board Members have had difficulty in reconciling the Commission's responsibilities to the taxpayers who find its operations with an appropriate programme form fluctuating between the educational and formats of popular appeal. Today's ABC, whilst not totally driven by ratings success, strives to compete with the commercial operators.

Early Broadcasting

In the 30s, 40s and early 50s, Radio was the main source of entertainment for most families. It recognised the different needs to be catered for, with "Soapies" For the women at home during the day (Eg. "Portia Faces Life"), children's programmes in the afternoons (Eg. "Superman"), and dramas in the evening, when the whole family would sit around the radio.

These programmes encouraged listeners to create faces and scenes in their imagination. This theatre of the mind element was a great incentive for people to keep switching their radios on to catch the next instalment in their favourite serial. "Big Bands", variety shows, game shows, radio personalities, and sports broadcasting, were also major forms of entertainment at this time.

When Commercial Stations first started broadcasting sports matches and results they were accused of robbing sporting venues of their crowds, but when the Depression ended and crowds picked up it was evident that Radio had helped renew an interest in seeing sport and Announcers were then allowed to broadcast live from the venue.

The Above information was obtained through:
Http://www.radioschool.com.au/web6e.htm
History of Professional Radio Broadcasting

Historia del Radio

A un italiano,Guglielmo Marconi, se le da credito por el inicio del concepto de la radio. La teoría de mandar ondas electromagneticas a traves del aire fue desarrollada como un forma de perfeccionamiento del actual sistema de código de transmisión Morse, el cual ocurrió via líneas telegráficas. Ya que los cables no eran necesarios para el funcionamiento de este sistema, fue apropiado llamarlo sin cables. Antes de 1924, la radio fue utilizada principalmente para uso marítimo (Por ej: comunicación de barco-a-orilla) lo cual significó el contacto entre muchos existentes clubes de radios aficionados.

Despues de la Primera Guerra Mundial, el concepto de la radio como aventura comercial comenzó a ser explorada. Las Industrias Marconi fueron establecidas en Inglaterra y, en America, Westinghouse comenzó su propia estación, KDKA en Pennsylvania, para radiotransmitir los resultados de la elección presidencial. De todas formas, esto no fue suficiente incentivo para que potenciales oyentes compren espacios en la radio. Ya que no pudieron ver que el mercado disminuiría, Westinghouse necesitó crear una forma alternativa de ingresos. Esto sucedió cuando los anuncios publicitarios comenzaron en la forma de "Auspiciantes". De aquí, la introducción de "La Radio Comercial".

En Australia, el gobierno federal instaló el Sistema Sellado de Radio en 1923, por lo tanto la gente pagó, por estación, por año, por el privilegio de escuchar la radio. De todas formas, esto probó sin exito, como la gente simplemente ajustaría las estaciones como ellos quisieran. El Gobierno Federal introdujo entonces un Sistema de Licencias de dos hileras en 1927/28, bajo lo cual mantuvieron el control de las licencias "Clase A" (La cual se convertiría más tarde ABC) y a la izquierda las licencias de "Clase B" Disponibles para venturas privadas que fueron auto-solventes. Estas estaciones de "Clase B" Pudieron radiotransmitir etiquetas de anunciantes desde 1932 y comerciales completos, brevemente, despues de esto.

Estas estaciones se establecieron para entretenimiento y atracción de muchos viejos y nuevos oyentes tambien. La Corporación Australiana de Radiotransmisión fue establecida en julio de 1932, despues de que todas las licencias de "Clase A" Se unieran para formar un 'educador cultural' para Australia. Esto causó gran controversia [Yes] que algunas personas vieron esto como un servicio esencial mientras otros dijeron que esto fue una perdida de tiempo y dinero de los pagadores de impuestos. Basados en la BBC, el 'Intelectual' acercamiento de la ABC probó muchísimo el florecimiento de comunes Estaciones Comerciales de Radio. Sucesivamente el Presidente y miembros del comite de ABC tuvieron dificultad en reconciliar las responsabilidades de la Comisión a los pagadores de impuestos quienes hallaron estas operaciones con un apropiado programa, fluctuante entre los formatos populares. Hoy ABC, no está manejando un exitoso rating pero se esfuerza por competir con los operadores comerciales.

Temprana Radiotransmisión

En los 30, 40 y principios del 50, la Radio fue el principal recurso de entretenimiento para la mayoría de las familias. Esto reconoció las diferentes necesidades para abastecer, "Telenovelas" Para las mujeres en la casa durante el día (Ej: "Porta Faces Life"), los programas infantiles en las tardes (Por ej: "Superman") y dramas por las noches, cuando la familia entera se sentaría alrededor de la radio.

Estos programas fomentaron que los oyentes creasen caras y escenas en su imaginación. Este teatro producto de la mente fue un gran incentivo para que la gente mantenga encendidas sus radios para captar la próxima entrega de su serie favorita. "Big Hands", variedad de shows, juegos, personalidades de la radio, y radiotransmisión de deportes, fueron además mayores formas de entretenimiento en aquel momento.

Cuando las Estaciones Comerciales primeramente comenzaron a radiotransmitir juegos de deporte y sus resultados, fueron acusados de robar los lugares de deportes de sus multitudes, pero cuando la Depresión finalizó y las multitudes se levantaron fue evidente que la Radio ayudó a renovar el interes en ver al deporte y se les permitió a los Locutores radiotransmitir en vivo desde el lugar del evento.

La información de arriba fue obtenida a traves de:
Http://www.radioschool.com.au/web6e.htm
Historia de la Radiotransmisión Profesional

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Jun, 2014 - 4:03pm / Post ID: #

Pandora's Radio Argentina Radio Argentina

Pandora's Interviews

Sunja Knapp - Olympian/Animator
Argentina Military Kidnappings
The Family Cult

One of my favourites starts is Diego Armando Maradona, he's really himself and is very nice and friendly with everybody (Well...only with the journalists that doesn't talk bad about him). You can ask him anything you want, he doesn't have problems at all. He doesn't portray this thme of "I'm a Big Star". That's super cool. He loves his daughters a lot and he always is talking about them and his wife Claudia. That's my point of view of him, I know some journalists that doesn't think in the same way I do.

Una de mis estrellas favoritas es Diego Armando Maradona, el es realmente el mismo y es muy amable y amistoso con todos (Bueno...solamente con los periodistas que no hablan mal acerca de el). Puedes preguntarle lo que quieras, no tiene ningun problema. No se cree que es una "Gran Estrella". Eso es bonísimo. Ama a sus hijas un montón y siempre está hablando de ellas y de su esposa Claudia. Ese es mi punto de vista de el, se que algunos colegas en el medio, no piensan de la misma forma.

I wanted to meet Tina Turner when she was in Argentina long years ago, she just appeared in one TV program for only 5 minutes since she charged in that time like $2,000 US per word... YES ...she charged for each word she said !

There are amazing things in show business, things you will not believe. I love the media, I have a real passion for the radio, it was and is a big part of my life experience. The greatest of all things is to be in the highlight knowing that someone is listening to you, probably its only one person, but it still makes a huge difference in your day with a simple call from him or only being there just listening to your voice.

Quise conocer a Tina Turner cuando estuvo en Argentina años atrás, apareció en un programa de televisión por 5 minutos [Yes] que cobraba en ese momento como $2,000US por palabra...SI...cobraba por cada palabra que decía!.

Hay cosas asombrosas que pasan en el negocio del show, cosas que no creerías. Amo el medio, tengo una real pasión por la radio, esto fue y es una gran parte de experiencia en mi vida. La más grande de todas las cosas es estar allí...sabiendo que alguien está escuchándote, probablemente es solamente una sola persona pero hace una gran diferencia en tu día con un simple llamado ó estando alli escuchando tu voz.

Another international star that I interviewed was Phil Collins, he's a gentelman and a very serious person. I enjoyed this interviewed a lot since I love his music and talent.

My trajectory and experience allowed me to interview many celebrities and even appear in television programs talking about my experiences and work. Later on I was more involved with pop music and entertainment; actors, sports people, the latest of music celebrities and their works. I had the opportunity to have interviewed the swedish duo "Roxette", both very nice, very professional and friendly with fans and journalists. This is so important in media since fans and journalists are the ones helping them to become famous. It's sad that not all stars think like that such in the case of Ricky Martin who wanted me to pay him $50,000 US to go to a music festival that his fan's club and I were organizing the whole year to honour him. I didn't pay any money, he didn't showed up and the festival was obviuosly cancelled. I interviewed him and I can say he's very nice when the cassette record or a camera is there, he smiles so much he can do a 'toothpaste commercial', but when the camera or the cassette recorder is off, the guy becomes another person. Obviously he is not one of my favourite starts that I came in contact with but some friends of the media told me that he has changed quiet a bit. That's good to know.

Otra celebridad internacional que entreviste fue Phil Collins, es un caballero y una persona muy seria. Disfrute esta entrevista un montón [Yes] que amo su musica y talento.

Mi trayectoria y experiencia me permitió entrevistar muchas celebridades y hasta aparecer en programas de televisión para hablar de mis experiencias y trabajo. Más tarde, estuve envuelta en musica pop y entretenimiento; actores, gente del deporte, lo ultimo de celebridades en la musica y sus trabajos. Entreviste al duo sueco "Roxette", ambos muy amables, muy profesionales y amistosos con los fans y con el Periodismo. Esto es tan importante [Yes] que los fans y periodistas son los que los ayudan a convertirse famosos. Es triste que no todas las estrellas piensen en la misma forma tal es el caso de Ricky Martin quien quiso que le pague $50,000US para ir a un festival de musica que su fan's club y yo estuvimos organizando durante todo un año para homenajearlo. No pague nada de dinero, el no se presentó y obviamente el festival fue cancelado. Lo entreviste y puedo decir que es muy encantador cuando el grabador ó la cámara están prendidas, sonríe tanto que puede hacer un comercial de pasta dental pero cuando la cámara ó grabador están apagados, se convierte en otra persona. Obviamente el no es una de mis estrellas favoritas que contacte pero algunos amigos de trabajo me dijeron que cambió un poco. Es bueno saber esto.

3rd Jun, 2014 - 4:09pm / Post ID: #

Pandora's Radio Argentina Radio Argentina Movies Music Fashion & Sports

Pandora's Interview with Emily Schindler

Journalism is a work of risk, adventure and passion. You really have to love it to take the challenge. One of my favourites interviews was on radio with Emily Schindler (The wife of Oscar Schindler). If you remember the movie, "Schindler's List" You will know the background of their work. This great man saved a 1,000 jews from dying in the hands of the nazis soldiers. After the war, both of them went to live in Argentina. Oscar Schindler didn't spend too much time there and he left his wife and went to travel all around the world where he was highly honoured by lots of jewish organizations. His wife stayed in Argentina where she continues living with her more than 40 cats and being taking care of by one jewish organization who pays for her bills and any neccesity she may have. When I talked with her I felt a great spirit of love and wisdom in her words. She's a Great Woman, a woman of courage and a woman of love and compassion for others. She did much more than the movie presents.

Periodismo es un trabajo de riesgo, aventura y pasión. Tienes que realmente amar la profesión para tomar el desafío. Una de mis entrevistas favoritas en radio fue con Emily Schindler (La esposa de Oscar Schindler). Si recuerdas la película, "La Lista de Schindler" Sabes de que se trata la historia. El esposo de esta Gran Mujer salvó a 1,000 judíos de morir en las manos de los nazis. Despues de la guerra, ambos fueron a vivir a la Argentina. Oscar Schindler no pasó muchos años allí y dejó a su esposa y viajó alrededor del mundo donde fue altamente homenajeado por muchas organizaciones judías. Su esposa Emily, permaneció en la Argentina donde actualmente vive con sus 40 gatos y siendo cuidada por una organización judia quien se encarga de pagar todas sus cuentas y cualquier necesidad que ella pueda tener. Cuando hable con ella, senti un gran Espíritu de amor y sabiduría en sus palabras. Es una mujer de coraje y una mujer de amor y compasión por otros. Ella hizo mucho más de lo que la película muestra.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Pandora's Radio Argentina - Radio in Argentina

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,