Afghanistan vs USA - Page 60 of 64

A U.S. Servicemember was killed in combat - Page 60 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 3rd Jan, 2018 - 3:22am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 64 pgs.  56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 
versus U.S.A. Changing Face Of Afghanistan. Are they better off now?
Afghanistan vs USA Related Information to Afghanistan vs USA
Post Date: 10th Aug, 2017 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

Afghanistan vs USA
A Friend

Afghanistan vs USA - Page 60

Well I can not say much about that as My Viking ancestors did things like that all the time *smile* But yeah we do not need to go back to those dark ages by allowing this. We should just get out of Afghanistan like we did Iraq and let them kill themselves like they have been doing for over 2000 years. Our presence there is not going to stop that any time soon.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Aug, 2017 - 9:31pm / Post ID: #

Afghanistan vs USA
A Friend

USA Afghanistan

KN,

I reluctantly agree with you. Why reluctantly? Because I've seen the poor girls there and what they have to look forward to and my protector instincts kick in and think we need to help them. They are going to have a horrible life ahead of them for the most part.

Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2017 - 1:48am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Afghanistan vs USA History & Civil Business Politics

Trump cautions against 'hasty withdrawal' in Afghanistan, but won't discuss troop deployments. President Trump, admitting his original instinct was to pull out of Afghanistan, warned against a quick withdrawal from the country that could leave a power vacuum. Still, the president said he would not televise specific numbers of troops or plans for further military activities. "Conditions on the ground, not arbitrary timetables, will guide our strategies from now on. I will not say when we are going to attack, but attack we will," he said. Ref. USAToday.

Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2017 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #

Page 60 USA Afghanistan

Analysis: Trump reverses views on Afghanistan, a war with no easy exits. Bush and Obama discovered that Afghanistan was the war they couldn't win. That's a lesson Trump is learning now. Source 7f.

Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2017 - 4:12pm / Post ID: #

Afghanistan vs USA
A Friend

USA Afghanistan

Afghanistan is a tough nut to crack. They fight each other all the time. They are in some of the most defensible terrain there is. And they are fiercely independent. All of that leads to a country that's hard to beat if we don't go in 100% to win. 100% leads to collateral damage, which is a no go.

So, people may ask why this is so tough. Why such a small country with few military resources is so tough. Let me relate a story a village elder told me when I was over there over a decade ago. My team and I were there with a group of representatives from the Afghan government and they were asking what they could do to help the village. He told them and then they asked if they could count on his support. He smiled, waved his arm around the village, and then pointed at himself. He said, "The blood in my veins has been Afghan for 60 years, it's been Muslim for 600 years, it's been Pushtun for 6,000 years."

So yeah, he would let the Government help his village. It would be foolish not to let them. He'd let us SF guys help his village too. But he wouldn't turn his back on his Pushtun tribe, many of whom were the bad guys we were fighting. That said, his was a friendly village and he sided with us more than against us. It goes to show that Afghanistan isn't so much a country as it is a collection of tribes that happen to live within a fictitious border that the Great Powers drew up 150 years ago. The only way to beat people like that is to break their will to resist… or just leave and let them have at it like for the last 6,000 years.

Post Date: 27th Sep, 2017 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

Afghanistan vs USA

Taliban, ISIS claim Kabul airport attack during Defense Secretary Jim Mattis visit. Missiles hit the Hamid Karzai International Airport hours after Mattis and Jens Stoltenberg, the NATO secretary-general, arrived in Kabul. Source 2i.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Sep, 2017 - 4:53pm / Post ID: #

Afghanistan vs USA
A Friend

Afghanistan USA - Page 60

We either need to fight to win over there or get the heck out. And it pains me to say that since so much of my life is invested over there and I have friends who dies fighting over there. More, I have Afghan friends who will be left in the cold and I'm pretty sure the Afghan government will fall and the Taliban will take control again unless we do something to eradicate it.

Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2018 - 3:22am / Post ID: #

Afghanistan USA Politics Business Civil & History - Page 60

A U.S. Servicemember was killed in combat in eastern Afghanistan New Year's Day, the Pentagon announced. Four other Americans were wounded during the engagement, the U.S. Military said Tuesday. The military did not release additional details, but U.S.-backed Afghan forces have been combating the Islamic State in eastern Afghanistan. Ref. USAToday.

+  « First of 64 pgs.  56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 

> TOPIC: Afghanistan vs USA

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,