Survival As A Hostage

Survival Hostage - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th Feb, 2004 - 4:58am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
A different kind of survival that is frequent today
Post Date: 14th Jan, 2004 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

Survival As A Hostage

I am always amazed at how bewildered people become in a hostage situation. Is there a set pattern to follow when you are being kept against your will? Should one try to please the agressor or try to look for a way to over-power him/her?

Sponsored Links:
25th Jan, 2004 - 4:36am / Post ID: #

Hostage As Survival

I'm afraid I wouldn't survive this one... I would either fight to the death, or freeze up and get killed for not obeying... I can't even imagine what it's like to be kidnapped or carjacked or whatever.

Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 30th Jan, 2004 - 5:51am / Post ID: #

Survival As A Hostage
A Friend

Survival As A Hostage History & Civil Business Politics

Be very cautious,try not to make eye contact,and if you wear glasses(and can see without them)take them off.Terrorists tend to look for things that catch their eye,and glasses is the #1 thing.
Just dont try to be a hero if you want to live.Me pesonally,I would look for every chance to escape,but I would'nt go unless everyone was with me.
Work together with anyone that is with you this will increase your chances.

Pray alot.

30th Jan, 2004 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

Hostage As Survival

Terrorists tend to look for things that catch their eye,and glasses is the #1 thing.

Why do you say that? What will they do with the glasses or the person wearing the glasses?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 30th Jan, 2004 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

Survival As A Hostage
A Friend

Hostage As Survival

I took a terrorism counteraction course while I was in the marine corps.and one of the first things listed was glasses and people who wear them,all it does is draw their attention to you,that is if youre in a room full of people,and you are wearing glasses,also assuming the terrorist is looking for a hostage.It was more or less if you or a few other people had them,obviously if everyone was wearing them it would'nt matter.basically you want to look as normal as possible,do not stand out.

The second thing had to do with buildings/hotels,never stay on the bottom floor,and never stay at the top(the bottom is obvious,ground floor always gets destroyed,if your at the top you probably wont make it out either,so always have your stay around the 3rd-5th floors(chances are you could drop from this height and survive.)

You must also keep in mind that terrorists have a specific point to their actions which usually ends up in death.Victums usually dont survive.

I have alot more on the subject *looks around room*but its not available at the moment.I will find it and post some of these things,however I dont want to leak out too much info,some people may not like that.Besides I believe some of our tactics are still top secret. biggrin.gif

30th Jan, 2004 - 6:00pm / Post ID: #

Survival As A Hostage

Thanks, that is very interesting. Tenaheff was/is also a Marine so she can relate to what you are saying I guess. What about in the situation of being kidnapped? What tips would you give?

Offtopic but,
You should take a look at the International board, you will do well in contributing there. By the way, you can create your character forMedieval, you already have RPG status.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Jan, 2004 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

Survival As A Hostage
A Friend

Survival As Hostage

In a kidnapped situation the rules change dramatically,because youre already taken,so my advice is to do whatever the kidnappers ask of you.(that could get a little weird,but......).Always be looking for an avenue of escape,the rules for being a P.O.W. would probably apply here very well.

Never give them too much info about yourself,answer any questions as vague as possible,and do not make eye contact,unless a direct question is asked.Always be aware of your surroundings,if you're blindfolded,keep track of the sounds you here,if you're being driven,try to note the directons the vehicle turns,and keep track of time(guess),this could let you know how far you were taken.

5th Feb, 2004 - 4:58am / Post ID: #

Survival As Hostage Politics Business Civil & History

Is it better to try and fight with your might to get away initially or will that only make it worst for you later on?

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Survival As A Hostage

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,