Time Travel? - Page 3 of 9

I don't think that the wording of - Page 3 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 12th Nov, 2004 - 4:08am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (9) »

?
Poll: Do you believe it is possible to travel in time?
  Yes       62.34%
  No       37.66%
Total Votes: 77
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Do you believe?
Time Travel? Related Information to Time Travel?
Post Date: 25th Jun, 2004 - 9:33pm / Post ID: #

Time Travel?
A Friend

Time Travel? - Page 3

I have an article somewhere that describes different methods of time travel. All of them are impossible on an engineering level. For example, one required a giant metal rod that was light years long, others requied you to gather as much mass as is contained in the entire solar system.

Time travel forward isn't a problem. Give it some time and we'll have cryogenics, freeze yourself, then pop out a century later. Boom! You've time traveled, although going back would present a problem.

Although I think I read a theory that if you got enough aardvarks spinning around a magnetized tungsten rod, then struck the whole contraption with lightning it could cause anamolies in time, allowing you to jump back in time. You wouldn't have much control over where it put you, but you would be back in time. I think they called it the Critical Aardvark Mass Theory or something.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Jun, 2004 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

Time Travel?
A Friend

Travel Time

I thought the Critical Aardvark mass theory also required a Tesla coil in there somewhere. But I don't remember so well. undecided.gif

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2004 - 7:38pm / Post ID: #

Time Travel?
A Friend

Time Travel? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Right, if you're unable to get natural lightning to strike your tungsten rod you can use lightning generated by a Tesla Coil. Although the results from a Tesla induced space time tear are typically much more dangerous than tears produced through natural lightning.

27th Jul, 2004 - 5:55am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Travel Time

Personally I don't think that time travel is or ever will be possible. At least not so that one could interact with people. The way I see it is that there may someday be a way for someone to visit a past time, but not be seen or heard by people there. If precieved at all it may be like a ghost. I think that time travelers would only be here for research, you know to see what life was like in the primitive 21st century. Travel into the future is not possible, mainly because there is no where to go, because the future hasn't happened yet. The way I think it would be done is people would go to a place where they would sit in a chair and have some device placed on their head. They then could psychically travel to any point in the past. Because they wouldn't physically be there they couldn't interfere with the timeline thus eliminating the dreaded time paradox. You know where you accidentally kill your great-great-grandfather and as such never exist. I love stories and movies about time travel, but I truely don't believe it will ever work. That's just my opinion of course.

27th Oct, 2004 - 5:46am / Post ID: #

Travel Time

Personally I don't think that time travel is or ever will be possible. At least not so that one could interact with people.

time travel is possible, and we do it every day. When you fly in an airplane, for example, you go forward in time by .000000000001 of a second. Wooohoo! Isn't that a great achievement?

The way I see it is that there may someday be a way for someone to visit a past time, but not be seen or heard by people there. If precieved at all it may be like a ghost.

Being there full substance makes much more sense, logically, then being a ghost. How can you explain that scientifically?

Travel into the future is not possible, mainly because there is no where to go, because the future hasn't happened yet.

Travel into the future is actually more reasonable, both scientifically, and reasonably. When you go to the past, there are paradoxes, as you said. Changing the past.

Travel to the future, though, creates no paradoxes, and can easily be done. Technically, it's not actually visiting the future, but waiting for it to arrive. You put someone at a spaceship that travels at ligt speed, preserving your age. You wait what may seem to you only an hour, come back to earth, and a year has already passed! It was proven it could be done in Einsteins theory of relativity. Time is not constant. It may pass slower in one place than in another.

Another possible way would be to freeze someone and preserve his body, and then come a thousand years later and wake him up to the future!

How could we go backwards? A possible answer is black holes, maybe, although that's a totally different subject which we haven't expanded on enough. But it does make sense. Black holes swallow light. They are also known to swallow whole items. So why not time, too?

the dreaded time paradox. You know where you accidentally kill your great-great-grandfather and as such never exist.

One hypothesis about black holes is that they just take you to a parallel universe which has the same history as the planet of earth. But not the same planet. Then, you could see the past - and affect the future. But that future would be the future of that parallel universe, not ours.

Reconcile Edited: Smudge on 27th Oct, 2004 - 6:06am

Post Date: 3rd Nov, 2004 - 8:03pm / Post ID: #

Time Travel?
A Friend

Time Travel?

I think time travel could be possible but the method to do it will have to be incredibly advance.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Nov, 2004 - 3:56pm / Post ID: #

Time Travel?
A Friend

Time Travel - Page 3

QUOTE (xtrasweetgirl @ 22-Jan 04, 11:38 PM)
It's one of those things. We'll say we never will be able to now, but one day we will, and when we can, we'll say we shouldn't.

True too true. I honestly believe that it can and will happen. the time machine was one of my favourite books when i did literature in Bath. Even the more recent film with the guy from Neighbours.. Actually his name is Guy pierce I think i enjoyed everyone else hated it.

Not analytical enough to work out how it will work i just wanna do it.

Post Date: 12th Nov, 2004 - 4:08am / Post ID: #

Time Travel?
A Friend

Time Travel Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 3

I don't think that the wording of this question is perfect. We are all travelling through time. The problem is that we're travelling in a constant direction at a constant speed. I find it very hard to concieve of ways to manipulate time totally, although I suppose there are issues of relativity where different entities can experience time at different rates.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: Time Travel?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,