Is There Such A Person As 'rambo'? - Page 2 of 3

Everyone in my field recieved the training,as - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 26th Feb, 2004 - 4:40am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Discussion on the kind of training available.
22nd Feb, 2004 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #

Is There Such A Person As 'rambo'? - Page 2

I can understand the 3 staright days without sleep, but does having to run 15 miles really matter? Is it that there are a lot of great men out there that they can afford to put such stringent requirements or is it that they do not want to many 'Rambos'?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
22nd Feb, 2004 - 9:57pm / Post ID: #

rambo Person Such Is

I think it is just another way to really see what you are made of. What kind of stamina do you have, how determined are you to be successful, etc.

The last thing you want is for someone in the recon to give up in the middle of a mission because things get tough.

Offtopic but,
I dated a guy in recon for a short time while I was stationed on Okinawa. I remember being surprised by how soft spoken this guy was given his duty assignment

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

22nd Feb, 2004 - 10:06pm / Post ID: #

Is There Such A Person As 'rambo'? History & Civil Business Politics

I would think there would be various class ratings per mission basis then?

Offtopic but,
Those sometimes are the most dangerous... the soft spoken ones.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 24th Feb, 2004 - 4:27am / Post ID: #

Is There Such A Person As 'rambo'?
A Friend

Page 2 rambo Person Such Is

The training is top notch,we can afford no less.
JB I believe any mission would require special selection of forces,even though we weed out the weak,some will still be more apt than others at performing specific 'duties'.
Not sure if that answered your question,but I tried tongue.gif

24th Feb, 2004 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #

rambo Person Such Is

Yes, that answered it well. I would one day, if I am able, like to take a survival course. Not so much focus on the running and push-ups, etc. but on what to do in a precarious situation.

Post Date: 26th Feb, 2004 - 3:56am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I was lucky enough while in the Corps. to take a summer mountain Survival/Warfare course, it had top notch instructors(including a man who is one of only 5 men in the world that can climb ElCapitan in one day). It was loaded with tons of suvival training,river crossings,rappeling,how to treat wounds,food you can eat,e.t.c...(the bad part was we had all our gear most of the time,HEAVY) things I did not think were possible with so few 'tools'.

It lasted about 30 days total (and the push ups were at a minimum laugh.gif:-->laugh.gif )
Anyway it was well worth all the hardship.oh yeah I forgot to mention the weapons training! PRICELESS.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Feb, 2004 - 4:25am / Post ID: #

Is Such Person 'rambo' - Page 2

Fortunate for you. How much does a course like that cost and is some of the training considered to be 'privileged'? For instance if a bunch of guys from the Middle East signed up, would it be likely that they would train them?

Post Date: 26th Feb, 2004 - 4:40am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Is Such Person 'rambo' Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Everyone in my field recieved the training,as for a private course,I think you're looking at a good chunk of money,the private training is available all over the U.S.
(minus weapons most likely cry.gif )I could try a little research for a few days if your interested. smile.gif
As for guys from the middle east: If they found a private course they could perhaps pull it off,but after 9/11 we are starting to be a little more vigilant and aware when a group of middle eastern men get together and try to get this type of training. I'm trying not to sound racist here,just being honest.

As for basic survival tips: I learned most of those while in the boyscouts and from my father.So when I got the training,most of it was a " refresher " than anything else.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Is There Such A Person As 'rambo'?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,