Mormon Exorcism - Page 3 of 12

Nighthawk, how did you know they were there? - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 27th Nov, 2006 - 4:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (12) »
Mormon Exorcism
Casting out demons from the body... Demon possession. Specific ordinance for casting out evil spirits?
27th Feb, 2004 - 12:05pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism - Page 3

When in reality it may be as simple as the ordinary annointing and blessing for the healing of the sick or in this case the wording being for the casting out of the particular spirit by a pair of Melchizedek Priesthood holders.

I agree with you. Actually reading some early documents about the early saints and the issue of Exorcism, in several parts I found that says "Exorcism or healing".

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Sep, 2004 - 1:14am / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism
A Friend

Exorcism Mormon

I thought everyone had what you call "attached spirits". None the less it helps refine my theory. Nighthawk said that that women had an attached spirit. Did one of them cause her that much grief? What about a dozen or a hundred? Isn't that something that people have to deal with on a day to day basis and maybe they cant see them? Farseer said that some people are just sensitive. I think they call them sensitives. If they cant do anything then they aren't a problem? It is a lot different than possession. And just because someone has attached spirits doesn't mean that they are bad, in fact they might be really good. How would someone know that they have attached spirits unless they could see them? If they can see theirs then they could see other peoples. Some people might have 2 or 3 and others might have an army. For some people they might be given areas like a dedicated home or church or in some of your cases the temple to go for refuge for a while. They only have as much power as you give them. Is it really important to cast them out When in fact they might unknowingly be responsible for your growth? God isnt supposed to give you more than you can handle. Anyways I don't really know. I don't have to deal with it. Maybe worthy melk holders are inspired to cast those spirits away if they think that it is to much for the person to handle. And I think there is a big difference between being influenced by satan and being possessed. They are always around. That that is just life.

Offtopic but,
I wrote al the references down from this topic. Thanks.

Post Date: 24th Nov, 2006 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism
A Friend

Mormon Exorcism Studies Doctrine Mormon

A friend of mine told me an amazing story about his mission to Honduras, and a very possessive demon, or spirit. He said while walking they had an urge to walk down this one street they've never gone down before. He said it was very empty looking and some what void of life or spirit. Well they went to the first house and knocked. A man came to the door and began to yell at them telling them to leave. That he owned this body and house, and that their presence will do no good. He later said that he owned the street, and he will jump from house to house if he needed to. They went back and told their mission president what they witnessed. A couple of days later 4 missionaries walked to this house and knocked and began to command the spirit in the name of Christ to leave this man and this house.
My friend never told me if the man was baptised or began taking discussions, I was so amazed at the story I was speechless. I think he said it left the entire street instead of sticking around.
Where did the Catholic version of exorcisms start? I can think of two movies that revolve around the Catholic exorcism. In fact I think most horror films that involve religion have to do with Catholicism.

Post Date: 24th Nov, 2006 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism
A Friend

Page 3 Exorcism Mormon

I Heard a Story of a Missionary in Ecuador, He was from Canada, One night he got possesed by some Evil Spirit, his companion threw this missionary to the bath and closed the door. Latter on the missionary was taken out of the bathroom and the mission President gave him a blessing while the 4 Ap's(Assistants to the President) held this missionary. I knew the missionary, he was a good guy, he told me that his Mission President told him, to wear his Garments while sleeping, because he was not doing it.

I Hope, you understand the story and share your opinions and insights. I know the story is real. wink.gif

Post Date: 25th Nov, 2006 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism
A Friend

Exorcism Mormon

I feel it is very important to wear the garments at night. So I'm guessing what ever spirit that took hold of your friend came to him at night? I've heard in a movie (not a reliable source, I know) about exorcism, that demons or what have you come to a person during "the witching hour". According to the movie is 0300 or 3 am. Any how the Catholic priest in the movie described "the witching hour" as the time when Satan mocks the holy trinity. I personally thought it was nonsense... but they made a movie about it.

Post Date: 26th Nov, 2006 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism
A Friend

Mormon Exorcism

I am sure that is one of the reasons why you should wear your garments all the time. wink.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Nov, 2006 - 8:58pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism - Page 3

Good points. The only time where I have been spiritually attacked, it was about 2 or 3 AM.

I think that it is a very important part of our spiritual preparedness for us to know how to fight this type of spiritual warfare.

The garments are good, but not complete. I had to cast out the evil spirits several times, praying in between each attempt to cast them out.

Post Date: 27th Nov, 2006 - 4:12pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism
A Friend

Mormon Exorcism Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

Nighthawk, how did you know they were there?

The garments are good, but not complete.

by that statement did you mean that prayer, scripture study, and righteous living are also part of it? In other words the armor of God?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (12) »

> TOPIC: Mormon Exorcism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,