Mormon Exorcism - Page 4 of 12

I am a new convert to the Church and last - Page 4 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 25th Feb, 2007 - 12:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (12) »
Mormon Exorcism
Casting out demons from the body... Demon possession. Specific ordinance for casting out evil spirits?
27th Nov, 2006 - 7:01pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism - Page 4

How did I know? It is one of those experiences that pretty much defy description.

I felt "waves" of disgust and horror washing over me. I could feel those waves of emotion moving across my skin. I was asleep when it started, and got up, went into the living room, and fought it for over an hour. It was horrible. It was also a real learning experience.

Yes, I meant that the whole "armor" is necessary. The garments, without faith, are insufficient.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Dec, 2006 - 10:22pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism
A Friend

Exorcism Mormon

Hello, I am very interested in the book , Nighthawk mentioned by Mel Fish " Healing the Inner Self:From Darkness into Light" We have Malicious spirits attached to my husband. I am trying to get rid of them . I am trying to find out as much information as possible to arm myself for battle, so to speak. any help, info would be greatly appreciated.

15th Dec, 2006 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism Studies Doctrine Mormon

Can you expand more on the matter? What do you mean by "We have Malicious spirits attached to my husband"? What he does that makes you think he has some evil spirit on him?

Post Date: 30th Dec, 2006 - 7:33am / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism
A Friend

Page 4 Exorcism Mormon

I am reading much here in regards to "experiences" either from a personal level or in reference to a story. Many "experiences" are scarry and down right nasty and others are only for the party in attendence. I have seen the nasty with bodies being pierces with objects and trances (some of the highlights of my mission) and I have had the sacred ones that are for my own edification. Some insights I would like to share.

1. Not all spirits have the same "power", to take anothers body can be either by volunteer or by force. The devil has the priesthood power of Prophets tailored to his own corruptness, but powerful none the less.

2. I have caste spirits away from a room and from a body, nothing anyone should desire to do for I do not wish to repeat any of those experiences again.

3. The Garment is significant and will assist the experience.

4. A woman can utilize the Priesthood through her husband to resist a spirit.

5. Regardless on how spiritual you are if a spirit decides to attack, you must give resistance or a negitive experience will occur.

Never invite spirits into a room cause your just asking for trouble, don't worry, we are in the same realm of the spirit world so they are already there. There is a constant battle between good and bad influence, if attention is given to the evil the evil will respond to the attention.

30th Dec, 2006 - 12:03pm / Post ID: #

Exorcism Mormon

1. Not all spirits have the same "power", to take anothers body can be either by volunteer or by force. The devil has the priesthood power of Prophets tailored to his own corruptness, but powerful none the less.

So are you saying that a righteous person who as an example, wear his/her garments day and night, try their best to keep the commandments, can fall victim of an evil spirit entering his/her body?

Post Date: 30th Dec, 2006 - 6:54pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism
A Friend

Mormon Exorcism

Not a victim, no because of the promises and covenants that are associated with the garment and righteous living. Here are some scriptural thoughts. Job, was he righteous yet what inflictions did he suffer? His faith sustained him as well as his righteous living, but he was inflicted. My point is that the power of the son of morning is greater than ours. We are only shielded from him from the priesthood of the Father. We can live righteous but that in no way puts us out of harms way, it strengthens us to resist and if the case requires cast away the evil influence. We have scriptual references of the Devil targeting righteous people. Moses, Joseph Smith, and The Christ. Just because these are witwrittencounts does not mean they are the only accounts and that such instances are not happening today. We need the tools to resist which we have been given. Evil must prevail upon the earth, though it pains the Father he cannot intintervene all instances hence all the suffering and bad things happening to good people. If we are targeted by the advisary or his minions only a power that is equequal or GREATER than his must be exercised to effeffectivelyst away. RemRememberat Alma remembered the teachings of his father when he was toutormentedd called upon Christ for deldeliverence
Here are some possible examples that a righteous person could be overtaken. When the body or mind is weakened the spirit responds the same, weakened. If a righteous person is under a large amount of medication that alters ones perception that person could be more ssubceptableto attack. Hence we seek Priesthood blessings before a known event happens(before ssurgery, to not only help us heal but to sustain us while we are "down". We follow the Word of Wisdom not only for physical health but to keep us alert and focused so that we are not overcome spiritually. Why else would we need to live in a rreverentmanner to be able to listen to the spirit. The Devil looks for oopportunitiesto take down the righteous. Say one of our trials that could make us open to weakness could be depression, its a trial that significantly weakens one self and is a constant battle to remain positive.

I hope I am clear cause there are so many "if's". If I'm completely off then I will try to clarify.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Jan, 2007 - 6:33am / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism
A Friend

Mormon Exorcism - Page 4

I work in an emergency room at the local hospital. I have triaged several people (men & woman) who come in for help with what they say are "demons, or evil spirits" bothering them. I once had a whole family present to the E.R. for help after attempting several exorcisms unsuccessfully on their daughter. My heart went out to them, we sent her to a physch facility, but I've also wondered if mental illness "thins the veil" more times than none. Or rather, vice versa, perhaps dealing with these things is enough to cause a mental illness. I have had some experiences myself several years ago, but will probably share at a future date, needless to say, I believe these things are happening more than we'd like to think. I would like to add one thing... I very much believe (or have had a strong impression given to me) that our garments have A LOT to do with how much power these spirits have on us.

Post Date: 25th Feb, 2007 - 12:37am / Post ID: #

Mormon Exorcism
A Friend

Mormon Exorcism Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 4

I am a new convert to the Church and last year I realized that I was given the gift of discernment. Since then, both me and my husband have come to experience and feel presences around us, both good and bad. There is a difference in the degrees of wickedness of spirits. If you have an evil spirit around you, then in the name of Jesus Christ you cast out the spirit(s). Nothing is more powerful than the sacred name of Jesus Christ and those spirits have to go no matter what. Unless the person wants them back conscience or not.

The thing is, some times more evil spirits will follow and again you have to cast out. To explain a little more about spirits around us, there are also wicked and unclean spirits. These spirits have already come here and have received bodies so they do not have to leave. It is their choice. In that case, if they are wicked, they are more than likely to be in bondage by evil spirits and I always ask Heavenly Father for permission to cast them out. If I feel like I am supposed to help them, then I do that and send them the Light of Christ. It is an energy you can tap into and redirect to them to help them understand and again accept Jesus Christ if they choose. They usually do not want help but if they start to receive the Light of Christ, they become as a little child and usually go to God as they should. If they choose not to accept, I ask Heavenly Father to basically put an "eternal restraining order" on those wicked spirits.

There is no need to be bugged by them and my prayers are answered every time. The unclean spirits are usually spirits that just want help but are unable to help themselves because they are in bondage by evil spirits. In that case, I know to cast out the evil spirits from the unclean spirit and then send them the Light of Christ. Sometimes they are not in bondage but just are unaware of the Gospel, in that case you can talk to them and explain what they need to hear if you can listen to the Holy Spirit to know what it is you need to say.

You have to know that we are stronger than any evil spirit because of our belief in Jesus Christ and no spirit can enter us if we do not allow it. I also get impressions from these spirits as well, like if they are male or female, and generally who they are and sometimes special circumstances. I receive these impressions from the spirit and I am guided to know how I should help people, living or not. Read Parley Pratts book entitled "Keys to Theology" when I first read it, it basically validated everything I know and have been experiencing.

Reconcile Message Edited...
By LDS_forever: I just separated your text into paragraphs for easy reading.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (12) »

> TOPIC: Mormon Exorcism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,