Global Climate Change - Page 9 of 19

Climate change will also spark wars that will - Page 9 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 20th Jun, 2017 - 6:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 19 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (19) »
Top  Global Climate Change World EcoSystem - Biodiversity Changes - Who is on board and who isn
Post Date: 30th May, 2017 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

Global Climate Change
A Friend

Global Climate Change - Page 9

as I've been saying all along… we are all Greeks and now this confirms my hypothesis! Okay, maybe not but this is huge. The fact that this was in Greece and not Africa is pretty substantial. Of course, this may have been a evolutionary brick wall that never led to humans… and we did all just migrate out of Africa. Which I think DNA has pretty much confirmed.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Jun, 2017 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Change Climate Global

U.S. Will withdraw from Paris agreement to curb climate change, President Trump announces. In a highly anticipated Rose Garden announcement this afternoon, President Trump announced that the United States will pull out of the Paris climate agreement. The 197-member climate agreement requires every country to establish ambitious targets to reduce greenhouse gases. But those targets are largely voluntary, and Trump has made clear that he views environmental regulations as an obstacle to his goal of creating jobs and ensuring energy independence. Ref. USAToday.

Post Date: 1st Jun, 2017 - 9:25pm / Post ID: #

Global Climate Change
A Friend

Global Climate Change UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I understand the why and I disagree with this. What we should have done is gone back to the table and tried to fix what is wrong with the agreement, not just simply withdrawn.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 1st Jun, 2017 - 9:25pm

Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2017 - 9:04am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 9 Change Climate Global

President Donald Trump has announced the US will withdraw from the Paris climate deal, sparking intense reaction around the world. Here's what you need to know:

Trump's reasoning: Trump argued that the climate accord was a bad deal for the US and will hurt job growth. This is not true; read our reporting.

Renegotiation: Trump said he's interested in renegotiating a new plan, but if he can't, "That's fine."

The cost: Scientists say any delay in US efforts to halt greenhouse gas emissions could cost everyone in the long term. The US is the second largest emitter, only behind China, which is staying in the deal.

The future: The vast majority of scientists agree that higher temperatures will cause rising seas, flooded coastal cities, mass extinction, drought, migration crises, deadlier heatwaves, crop failures and stronger storms.

And now, the response:

Germany, France and Italy have already dismissed a new deal, releasing a statement that flat-out said, "The Paris Agreement can not be renegotiated."

Elon Musk quit Trump's advisory councils. Other top CEOs found their own ways to tell Trump they think he's wrong.

Dozens of US mayors pledged immediately to uphold the deal. Pittsburgh's mayor is particularly peeved Trump name-checked his city in the announcement to withdraw.

Republicans on Capitol Hill largely cheered the move. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell commended Trump, saying he's "Once again put families and jobs ahead of left-wing ideology."
The forecast on Weather.com Thursday was cloudy with a chance of burn.

Former President Obama lamented the decision, saying the Paris deal was intended to "Protect the world we leave to our children."

"This is not about whether climate change is occurring or not," EPA chief Scott Pruitt said, but declined to answer further questions about how the US would try to reduce climate change.

"Apocalyptic," our climate columnist, John D. Sutter, says.

EU and Chinese leaders banded together, vowing to push forward without the US.

And, in one one of our most-watched videos so far on the announcement, CNN's Fareed Zakaria calls this day "The day that the United States resigned as the leader of the free world." Ref. CNN.

2nd Jun, 2017 - 10:36am / Post ID: #

Change Climate Global

Trump is making a big mistake specially since we are one of the biggest contributors towards global warming. By doing this others think they aren't obligated to pay out for the environment either.

Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2017 - 12:48pm / Post ID: #

Global Climate Change
A Friend

Global Climate Change

Yes, President Trump is making a mistake. He should have demanded it be renegotiated rather than simply withdrawing from it. But President Obama made a mistake too. This was a very bad deal for the US.

This deal put all the onus on us to reduce our emissions and the the other top four of five waivers for this and that so they could 'catch up' economically. Excuse me? Why do we gives a rat's behind if these countries catch up? If it's so important then forget about catching up.

Also, since we've been working on this for like four or five decades, since the EPA was instituted, our emissions are mostly scrubbed and our cars are some of the cleanest. To make just a little progress here would take trillions in new development costs. Trillions that come out of our economy.

Now, cleaning other countries would be easy because we have invented that technology. But wait, they don't have to reduce emissions yet because they need to catch up. Oh, and they'd have to pay us to build the technology. That's no good because it would cost money out of their economies and build ours up.

Yeah, it should have been renegotiated. But if it couldn't be then so be it. Eventually, they will come around.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Jun, 2017 - 12:04pm / Post ID: #

Global Climate Change - Page 9

We Can't Fight Climate Change if We Keep Lying to Ourselves By Chris Hedges. It is comforting to to foster false hopes and fool ourselves. Source 9r.

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2017 - 6:38pm / Post ID: #

Global Climate Change
A Friend

Global Climate Change Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 9

Climate change will also spark wars that will be unlike any we've seen in a long time, because these wars will be for survival. And when it's a war of survival there are no rules, there are only winners and the dead. Consider them the losers.

The tenor of this article seems right to me but I have to say, I think we are even less serious than the author alludes to. I mean, climate change's most vocal spokespeople take their private jets to climate change events. They should up in armored SUVs that guzzle gas enough for three families, they say their piece, yell at the rest of us for not caring enough and consuming too much, and then they go back to their private jets to fly to their private gas guzzling yachts anchored off the coast of Monaco.

Look at the life Leonardo DiCaprio lives. And he has the audacity to yell at me because I drive a truck? I actually use that truck on occasion to help a friend. He consumes enough for a whole block of people living in the heartland. And then there is Al Gore, he is nearly a billionaire because of this phenomena and he lives like it. Jetting here and there in private jets, him and a few close friends in a plane that could carry ten times as many. Is he too good for United? No, these people do more harm with their hypocrisy because we see that and wonder… how can bad can it be when the spokespeople act this way?

> TOPIC: Global Climate Change

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,