Am I A Good Poster?

Am Good Poster - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 18th Aug, 2004 - 1:35am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 

?
Poll: What do you think about the forum Charisma Rating?
  A good measure of who posts constructively       30.00%
  It makes you think about what you will post       25.00%
  I just love it, especially when it increases       30.00%
  I have not thought about it really       15.00%
  I wish mine were higher but no one gives       0.00%
  I hate it, because mine is so low       0.00%
  I think it is a poor indicator of good posts       0.00%
  I think it should be removed!       0.00%
Total Votes: 20
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Your Popularity and / or Charisma Points! Does it make you think before you post?
Post Date: 3rd Mar, 2004 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #

Am I A Good Poster?

We have a Charisma point system in the forum. For detailed questions check the FAQ board. This section is for comments only.

Basically a user may read a member's post and if they thought it was very enlightening or beneficial then they click on the '+' to give a positive rating or if they felt the post was against forum rules or very bad then they give a '-'. The user can then make a comment about why they gave a negative or positive point to the user's Charisma.

Question is...

What does a member have to post in order for you to give a positive charisma point?

Sponsored Links:
3rd Mar, 2004 - 10:06pm / Post ID: #

Poster Good I Am

I give points to any user that posts constructively. Their post does not necessarily have to benefit me, but if I know it will benefit someone else I will give a point for effort, especially if they have no points or few points. This way I know the user feels appreciated for their effort.

If a user has over a 100 points I do not give anymore unless it is something exceptional, moving, or ground breaking wink.gif

If the user has a high post count but under a hundred then the post has to be well placed.

So in the end I guess if it is a new user I will give liberally, but if it is a veteran user then they have to come good.

13th Aug, 2004 - 4:05am / Post ID: #

Am I A Good Poster? Feedback & FAQ News Community

In the past I haven't been too generous with the Charisma points because... well.. frankly, I didn't really think about it much. Now that we are growing so fast, I'm trying to do better when I see a good post or someone greeting our newcomers frequently, I am adding to their points.

And I still get a smile when someone gives me points smile.gif

Roz

13th Aug, 2004 - 4:37am / Post ID: #

Poster Good I Am

I like the idea behind the charisma points and look at mine everyday to see if they have gone up/down. I have been more cautious of giving them out as well because I know how happy I feel when I get one. Very good system that I have not seen on any other forum!

13th Aug, 2004 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

Poster Good I Am

I also like the whole idea of charisma points. While I am not as diligent about handing them out as others are, I have recently been trying to be a little more generous, and pay attention to the thought and effort involved in creating a good post.

My only complaint is that the associated comments with charisma points are so small (60 characters).

13th Aug, 2004 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #

Am I A Good Poster?

My only complaint is that the associated comments with charisma points are so small (60 characters).

The reason for this is that all that information is stored, that is a lot of info to keep for one member, so the smaller the better. I have found that using key words is better, just as a teacher would if correcting a paper, for example:
wrong: I liked it a lot because it brought tears to my eyes
better: Very thought provoking and moving

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Aug, 2004 - 1:38am / Post ID: #

Am I Good Poster

I LOVE the charisma point feature. I check mine regularly and I'm grateful to all of those posters who have gave me charisma points in the past. I think it really makes your self-esteem grow a little more wink.gif

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2004 - 1:35am / Post ID: #

Am I A Good Poster?
A Friend

Am I Good Poster Community News FAQ & Feedback

I sometimes wish some of my other regular forums had this feature, but if they did it would likely be abused. sad.gif I could see too many folks using it just to make someone look bad- not cool! (could a user end up with negative charisma points?) Or it could be used like just another clique-ish popularity contest. No thank you.

Anyway, we're talking about our beloved Borde! Some folks make so many wonderful posts, but there's the restriction of only being able to change a members' charisma once every 72 hours. Oh well... So be it.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Am I A Good Poster?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,