Bad Women Drivers?

Bad Women Drivers - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 23rd May, 2004 - 11:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Men Are Bullies!
Post Date: 4th Mar, 2004 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

Bad Women Drivers?

Why is it that we seem to be stereotyped as the worst drivers on the road? Is it true that women do tend to drive worst than men or is it the manly ego trying to blame their own reckless on us?

Sponsored Links:
4th Mar, 2004 - 4:25am / Post ID: #

Drivers Women Bad

I'm actually a good driver (even if I do say so myself). The sci-fi writer/philospher Robert Heinlein gives women the glorious status of the ONLY starship pilots in the book "Starship Troopers" -- why? Because women are the best pilots smile.gif

I've seen horrid men AND women drivers, as well as excellent drivers in both cases. I don't think it's gender-specific.

In my opinion, of course.

Roz

4th Mar, 2004 - 9:52pm / Post ID: #

Bad Women Drivers? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I think, partly this is because there was a time in the not too distant past where women didn't necessarily have licenses or didn't get them at as young an age as men. When they did finally get them, they were older and naturally more nervous. This has led to stereotyping. Also, when cars where a new fangled device, they were also not as reliable. They often got stuck in the mud because there weren't paved roads, etc., they broke down a lot. Women in the early part of the 1900's were really prepared to handle such things. Now that cars are built to be more reliable and we have paved roads, the playing field is much more even, in my opinion.

22nd May, 2004 - 2:48pm / Post ID: #

Drivers Women Bad

Because some women are indeed dangerous on the road, just like some men too. Some women are too afraid to drive and they show it while on the road, some they seem like they have no clue what they are doing.

22nd May, 2004 - 9:53pm / Post ID: #

Drivers Women Bad

But that is just it. Men can be bad drivers as well. However one observation is that most women (I am an exception wink.gif ) can't parallel park. I think this has to do with differences in our brains. In general women are as good on tests of spacial awareness. We tend to not be as good at video games, etc., either. However, if we work to overcome this deficiency we can be good at anything we set our minds to. Trouble is most people don't take the time to master parallel parking because it just isn't that important in the larger scheme of things. Since it comes easier to men without the extra effort, it appears that women just can't drive. However, parking and driving aren't the same thing.

23rd May, 2004 - 12:26am / Post ID: #

Bad Women Drivers?

Yes, it doesn't nothing to do specifically with women but we must admit that on the road, some women tend to be more nervous and extra careful than men.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd May, 2004 - 10:11am / Post ID: #

Bad Women Drivers

This nervous or careful attitude, I think, actually makes us safer drivers. If you look at the number of traffic fatalities, I would be willing to bet there are more males driving that women involved in those accidents. Men have a macho attitude that nothing can hurt them. Women are more realistic about this.

23rd May, 2004 - 11:17am / Post ID: #

Bad Women Drivers Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

This nervous or careful attitude, I think, actually makes us safer drivers.

Sometimes, because when you see a woman driving so slow, it may cause more accidents than someone who is driving at a normal speed. So sometimes they want to be safe drivers but they are all the opposite.

I would be willing to bet there are more males driving that women involved in those accidents.

Maybe there are more males driving than women wink.gif

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Bad Women Drivers?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,