Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue

Post Date: 20th Mar, 2004 - 1:20pm / Post ID: #

Backgammon

This is an old and widely known game in which the winner is the one who reaches a certain position on the board, or the one who first removes all their pieces from the board.

Backgammon
Backgammon (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
4th Apr, 2004 - 4:17pm / Post ID: #

Backgammon

Backgammon is a really fun game, and it can be very challenging and very funny! I remember the first time I saw someone playing it -- they had a huge board, made from leather, and the playing pieces were really nice. I had no idea what it was.

Since then, I've learned to play pretty well, and I'm teaching my daughter. We have a little wooden set. Someday I would like to have a nice one smile.gif

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2004 - 7:00am / Post ID: #

Backgammon
A Friend

Backgammon Reviews RPG & Card Board

This is a game my ex-husband taught me. I really like it, but I am a novice player. I'm not that much of a strategy player. I suppose if I started playing again, and with someone who was a patient teacher, I could probably learn the strategy part of it.

Post Date: 19th Jan, 2005 - 12:51pm / Post ID: #

Backgammon
A Friend

Backgammon

My kids and I enjoy playing both backgammon AND acey-deucy. Does anyone else here play acey-deucy as well?

19th Jan, 2005 - 2:08pm / Post ID: #

Backgammon

Years and years ago, I played both backgammon and acey-deucy. Great games. However, I can't even remember the rules to either of them now.

Post Date: 19th Jan, 2005 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

Backgammon
A Friend

Backgammon

Acey-deucy is actually easier than backgammon in a way. You start with the pieces still not on the board, and when you roll your dice, that is what you roll to get out and place. The object is the same, to get all the way around and off the board on the other side. You can put someone 'on the bar' if they aren't more than two on a space, and then they need to find an empty space in the beginning to get out, unless you have them all doubled up and blocked. If you roll doubles you get FOUR of them..like if you roll two fives..you get to make five moves of four, and then you get to roll again, but if you roll three times doubles you get two put on the bar, any two the opponent chooses. If you roll ace and a two, (acey deucy) you get to choose your doubles, but you have to be able to move the one and the two first, and as when you roll doubles, you have to be able to take all of your roll to take any of it or you lose your turn.

Hope I didn't make it sound more complicated than it is..it's really a fun game. smile.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Jan, 2005 - 6:20am / Post ID: #

Backgammon

I love backgammon! My father taught me the game in a young age, and since then we're playing the game every break/vacation. It's really fun having championships among the family. Acey-Deucy sounds nice though I've never played it.

Post Date: 5th Dec, 2005 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

Backgammon
A Friend

Backgammon Board Card & RPG Reviews

I adore backgammon! It really is a wonderful strategey game if you can get into the mojo of playing it. I find it to be one of those games that I can just play repeatedly and not get tired of it.

> TOPIC: Backgammon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,