Wiccans - True Religious Order? - Page 5 of 6

Ino said: QUOTE Remember: Be Constructive - Page 5 - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 7th Feb, 2007 - 11:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Witches, Wizards and just your average Joe or is there something more? Also includes: Pagan & Magick
Post Date: 19th Jan, 2005 - 4:41am / Post ID: #

Wiccans - True Religious Order?
A Friend

Wiccans - True Religious Order? - Page 5

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 9-Apr 04, 6:06 AM)
Are there religious groups that are knowingly accepting of Wiccans or Witches? To me most religious groups of today seem to shun the idea of a 'witch among them' so to speak?

When I attended the Universalist Unitarian church when I lived in Sacramento, there was a local group of Pagans that met weekly at the church...as a matter of fact, some were even members of the church as well, and the Pagans welcomed those who wanted to learn more abut them. So yes, there is a religion that welcomes Pagans/wiccans. And for the record, yes, Wicca is recognized by the military as well and can be put on one's dogtags.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Feb, 2005 - 5:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Order Religious True Wiccans

I don't feel the ill acceptance of a group by religious orders as bases for a group not being a religious order. I think that any organized group can be considered a religious group. Wiccans appeal to a higher source of power. Whether God or nature or self, the belief system still represents a religious reliant on something besides ones own physical self. So I do belief that Wicca is a true religious order.

Post Date: 17th Feb, 2005 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Wiccans - True Religious Order? Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

In my opinion, religion, ALL religion, is nothing more than a search for Truth, Truth being synonamous with Divinity. Anything that is a search for Truth is, therefore, in my opinion, a valid religion. There is no invalid religion.

I have been a member of the Fort Hood Open Circle. The Fort Hood Open Circle is sponsored by the Sacred Well Congregation and the Sacred Well Congretation is Greencraft Wicca. The Fort Hood Open Circle is not a coven though it is led by a High Priest and High Priestess who liason with the military chaplains on Fort Hood, Texas. The Fort Hood Open Circle is recognized by the Chaplain's corps of the Department of Defense as an alternative faith group serving the spiritual needs of members of the Fort Hood community who affiliate with the "Earth based" religions which would include Wiccans, Druids, Witches and others who might fall under the all-encompassing umbrella of Pagan. Some who attend the Fort Hood Open Circle are affiliated with covens though I suspect most are not. Those who affiliate with a coven generally do not feel the desire to practice outside the coven. The word "coven" by the way, comes from the Saxon word that gives us the word "convene" meaning to meet.

Yes, Wicca IS a relatively new religion based on much older sources, rather the way Christianity can be said to be based upon Judaism. There are even some who have made a convincing argument the Christians are Pagans as well. A Jewish friend made this point once and the following web site argues this point as well. https://home.earthlink.net/~pgwhacker/ChristianOrigins/ Of course my Jewish friend didn't find it as funny when I asked if there might not be Pagan influences in Judaism as well.

It all goes back to my belief that ALL religion is but our search for Truth. Truth, as the Mormons have said, is the knowledge of all things that were, are, or shall be. Who here can say they know Truth given that definition? All are searching and all will fall short in the same way that an irrational number can never be expressed as a ratio.

Magic or magick is but the Witch's attempt to influence experienced reality. Christians call this same practice prayer or ritual and rationalists call it experimental science.

There are some who call themselves Christian Witches and some who call themselves Goddess Aware Christians. These labels are as valid as any though they often catch flak from the less enlightened (in my opinion) Pagans and Christians.

Wiccans and other Pagans in general tend to be less institutional than most Christian denominations. There is no Pagan Pope, though the title Pontifex Maximus was originally a Pagan one. This is all to their credit in my opinion for institutionalization is to spirituality as dehydration is to water. There ARE Pagans however, who do get relatively institutional in the practice of their Craft. Gardnerian and Alexandrian traditions are rather formal compared to most who call themselves Pagans or Witches.

Post Date: 5th Jul, 2005 - 4:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 5 Order Religious True Wiccans

In u.k Wicca is not recognized as a religion but both it and paganism seem to have had somewhat of revival here as well, I'd say my own beliefs in the matter are somewhat eclectic, but to me a spell is not to dissimilar to a prayer... asking the gods to help you out its just we do it in a different way. our church is outside rather than indoors. As for other religions opinions towards me and my beliefs thats varied between genuine interest and acceptance to being told I'm going to hell! For anyone more interested in the subject Dragongodds info is pretty comprehensive but I can also recommend an author called Vivian Crowely.

21st Jan, 2006 - 4:12am / Post ID: #

Order Religious True Wiccans

I must admit that some of the response from this topic have troubled me deeply. I wonder how many people realize that their religion is actually an adaptation of Pagan paths.

Wicca is indeed a religion. Not all Wiccans are witches and cast spells. In fact many Wiccans do not cast spells or practice magic at all. For those that do cast spells, I state in their defense that what they are doing is nothing more then working with the energies that are already out in the universe. Does not everyone do the exact same thing when they blow out their birthday candles? Do they not make a wish and put that energy out into the universe?

Wiccans pray to their gods and goddesses in much the same way that any other religion does, in fact if I am not mistaken the Jewish religion has more then one god and goddess as well. Wiccans also have a Great Goddess and her co-creator is the Great God. I also wonder if people in other religions realize that the practice of Paganism has been around way before their religions were ever even thought of.

It breaks my heart to see and hear that some people are not accepting of the way that another decides to live their life. I would hope that those that condemn Wicca or any other religion other than their own, would first research what they are condemning.

17th Jan, 2007 - 8:40am / Post ID: #

As misunderstood as some people are about wiccans and pagans are I see that there are some who do understand and I am very grateful of the few people who has been able to explain how we view things and not just automatically assume that we are evil. I am a wiccan and I don't go by any one belief but I do take what I have learned in my life studies of the few religions I have experienced and go from those. I do believe in god and that there are others to help him balance life in the way it is now. I think that others have the free will to study what they choose and take what they have learned into their heart and see life in their own image and as long as they believe in something they will be happy.

Reconcile Edited: glyphfury on 17th Jan, 2007 - 8:41am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Feb, 2007 - 11:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Wiccans True Religious Order - Page 5

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 2-Apr 04, 5:02 PM)

That's witchcraft and anything of that type comes from Satan in my humble opinion.

Remember: Be Constructive In Your Message

Considering that in your religion ,satan is the most evil, makes me say HMMM.

Merry meet, Dragongoddss

Reconcile Edited: Ino on 7th Feb, 2007 - 11:13pm

7th Feb, 2007 - 11:42pm / Post ID: #

Wiccans True Religious Order Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal - Page 5

Ino said:

Remember: Be Constructive In Your Message

Excuse me? I am not sure if I understand what do you exactly mean. I shared my opinion, whether you consider it constructive or not is irrelevant.

Considering that in your religion ,satan is the most evil, makes me say HMMM

spock.gif Makes you say "Hmmm"... what that means? Makes you happy? Makes you sad? Makes you angry? Makes you excited? Makes you doubtful? What HMMM means?

I strongly believe that Witchcraft comes from Satan and in my religious views, the Bible condemns it as well as other books.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Wiccans - True Religious Order?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,