Screensavers!

Screensavers! - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 11th Jan, 2006 - 11:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 

?
Poll: Which screensaver are you most likely to use out of 1,2,3 or 4? (See Pic in First Post)
  1 Religious or Sentimental       10.00%
  2 Nature or Wildlife       30.00%
  3 Beautiful or Handsome       10.00%
  4 None       50.00%
Total Votes: 10
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Top  Screensavers! Screen saver: Do you use them?
Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2004 - 12:45am / Post ID: #

Screensavers!

Some users like to see a screen saver when they are not using their computer, little do they know… these screen savers use up system resources when most needed. Some free screen savers may even be doing more than you bargain for… do you use them? If so, what kind of screen savers?

Screensavers!
Screensavers! (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
3rd Apr, 2004 - 6:15am / Post ID: #

Screensavers

Screensavers are cool, I also like "wallpaper" that is beautiful to see. I have a lot of different pictures, mostly flowers and other nature things, but also of beautiful places like temples, castles, fields, mountains, etc. Fine art is another collection I have. smile.gif I'd rather have that than animated cursors and stuff.

I use the site called "www.webshots.com" -- it's free and they have literally thousands of pictures.

Roz

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2004 - 8:00am / Post ID: #

Screensavers!
A Friend

Screensavers! Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I have webshots too! I love them. I also have IncrediMail for my email.
I set it up so that all the pictures in MyPictures file are my screen savers, they roll by like a silent movie.

14th May, 2004 - 1:40am / Post ID: #

Screensavers

I dont care much for screensavers myself. They do take up a lot of resources unless you are using the ones provided with the OS. The one and only screensaver I use is from www.eyetide.com. This screensaver allows you to upload your own pictures for a screensaver slideshow. They also provide a number of picture collections, some free others you pay a nominal fee for. Plus, the pictures get updated frequently so you dont end up watching the same pictures all the time. Needless to say I would highly recommend it. Enjoy!

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2004 - 12:45am / Post ID: #

Screensavers!
A Friend

Screensavers

I typically don't like Screen Savers, ever since my computer started to crash when I used them, I havent had one. Plus I turn my moniter off everytime I'm not using it so there would be no point in having a Screen Saver.

Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2004 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

Screensavers!
A Friend

Screensavers!

I just figure what's the point? I mean, if you want to look at pics, why don't you just put it on your desktop? that's my point of view at least...plus, I guess I don't want to use up my "valuable" space on my cpu.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Aug, 2004 - 5:28am / Post ID: #

Screensavers!

I use webshots too. I love it! At first I thought it was a pain that you could only get 5 pics every 24 hours, but then I found out that if you go to the community and search for pics you can have as many as you want. I have spent literally hours looking for and downloading pics from the community. I was able to find hard to find wallpaper too, like stuff featuring the cast of Xena. Of course I have my screensaver set to use webshots, but I must admit that if the computer is on then I'm using it. Occasionally if a TV show comes on that I want to see and I'm in the middle of something on the net I will just leave it on, but that is rare.

11th Jan, 2006 - 11:17pm / Post ID: #

Screensavers! Computer Issues & Video Gaming

I personally prefer to not use a screen saver per se. I do have it actually set to blank screen if you look at my preferences. It takes 60 minutes before it goes off so that it doesn't decide to bother me while I am working not so hard. This is mainly because I have this crazy notion (True or not I have never proven) that a screen saver simply makes your monitor work harder. Older monitors did have a need for a screen saver to keep from a standing image from burning the screen and leaving an overlying image but newer monitors do not have this problem like the olds do, but I figure nothing is better than too much.

Rather off topic, but...
Webshots is one of the worse programs to download anymore. The new versions download with so much tracker infested spyware it is unbelievable. I hate this program passionately. Years ago it was not this way and have used it in the past myself but, I would not dare download any of the newer versions. It has also become so much of a resource hog for what it is there for. It runs constantly even when the screen saver is not being used, and anytime that you are online it has a tendency to attempt and download all these new preview images causing slower connection to the internet to get even worse. Sorry about that, just had to rant a little. Glad everyone does enjoy the service though.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Screensavers!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,