Trinidad State Of Emergency In Crime Hot Spots - Page 5 of 18

Guest, are you for real? I really don't - Page 5 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 22nd Aug, 2011 - 7:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (18) »
State Of Emergency in Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago State of Emergency And Curfew - How will this affect law abiding citizens? Who will be able to move around, what are the specific areas that have been affected? Will this solve the violent upsurge in crime throughout Trinidad and Tobago or will we start to see more of these being required? What are your views?
Trinidad State Of Emergency In Crime Hot Spots Related Information to Trinidad State Of Emergency In Crime Hot Spots
Make sure to also visit: Crime TTCrime.com
22nd Aug, 2011 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad State Of Emergency In Crime Hot Spots - Page 5

Yes, the police and army can arrest people for a period of seven days without a charge (person of interest) however if you just simply don't have your passes or two forms of ID you will be spending 24 hours at the police station.

Sponsored Links:
22nd Aug, 2011 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

Spots Hot Crime Emergency State Trinidad

I really don't get this curfew thing, like someone mentioned before: Criminals are "working" during the day so they will just do it when everyone is out there working or sending their kids to school, watch me...there will be NO DIFFERENCE. Get ready if you don't live in one of those hot spots....

Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2011 - 7:19pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad State Of Emergency In Crime Hot Spots Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Name: Disappointing

Comments: Reading some of the posts on here have me very disappointed at my people. Why is it that Trinis have to complain for absolutely everything? Damned if you do, damned if you don't. If you're a law abiding citizen there is nothing to worry. Yes we will be a little uncomfortable but we need to take our country back! Why can't some of you see that? It's easy to say you're a Trini to d bone when waving a flag but the way you are supposed to show it is by supporting those who are in government. Give it a chance!

22nd Aug, 2011 - 7:24pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Spots Hot Crime Emergency State Trinidad

Hi-Lo will be closing at 6:00pm so all the people who work there can reach home on time. So please, make sure to make all the necessary arrangements with regards to groceries, etc and don't get caught in the madness!

Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2011 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #

Spots Hot Crime Emergency State Trinidad

Name: Info

Comments: You can apply for passes at your local police station. If you have to work, make sure to get a letter from your employer stating your working hours. I advise you though that NOT all local police stations seems to know what to do. I just called one and they said they didn't know about passes yet so many people may get detained today because of this.

22nd Aug, 2011 - 7:43pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad State Of Emergency In Crime Hot Spots

Some additional information about the curfew, the do's and the don'ts. Please pay attention so you don't get in trouble!

international QUOTE
Soldiers will exercise powers enjoyed by police during the period of the Limited State of Emergency:

* Search and seizure powers enhanced because you don't need a search warrant
    * Powers of arrest and detention are included; they will be able to arrest but will hand over detainees to police.

Police can arrest and detain for up to 24 hours after which a magistrate, or assistant superintendent (or higher), will be able to add an extra 7 days

* No bail for those arrested during the State of Emergency; courts no longer will have the power to grant bail.

You must comply with all requests by police to stop for search and seizure protocols

* A special 3-person tribunal will be set up by Chief Justice to oversee and adjudicate all possible cases of abuse of power
    * Religious services, educational services, entertainment, etc. Are exempt from requesting advanced permission from the Police Commissioner State of Emergency at a glance.
Source 1

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2011 - 7:46pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad State Emergency Crime Hot Spots - Page 5

Name: Guest

Comments: The idea is to stop those pesky People and Trade Unions from demonstrating against the People's Partnership.

22nd Aug, 2011 - 7:47pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad State Emergency Crime Hot Spots Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 5

Guest, are you for real? I really don't see it. I ain't a fan of this government but I see this state of emergency more like either a propaganda (to show they're doing something) or an act of desperation.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (18) »

> TOPIC: Trinidad State Of Emergency In Crime Hot Spots

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,