Horse Racing

Horse Racing - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 19th Mar, 2012 - 7:50am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Also includes buggy and teamster
Post Date: 17th Apr, 2004 - 10:16am / Post ID: #

Horse Racing

Most people relate horse racing with gambling, but it is also a sport, especially for the jockey, as it is his weight, skill and posture that can help the horse win or lose. Do you attend any horse racing events?

Sponsored Links:
14th May, 2004 - 9:35pm / Post ID: #

Racing Horse

No, I don't and I'm not very keen about using an animal for sports competition sad.gif People spend so much money on these races, it is crazy!.

7th Jun, 2004 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

Horse Racing Sports & Fashion Music Movies

When I lived in Marabella in Trinidad, we had a race track right behind my house. I would always go to races, mostly to hang out and play the games that they set up. It was almost like a Carnival every week. But that was when I was a kid. I suspect it would be different now.

Offtopic but,

Since no one responded to my Smarty Jones post I am forced to discuss the recent Belmont Stakes in this thread. Did anyone watch the race and what were your reactions to Smarty not wrapping up the Triple Crown?

28th Mar, 2005 - 6:35pm / Post ID: #

Racing Horse

Some tragic news from the sport of Horse Racing.

From CNNSI.com

Jockey, 16, dragged to death in front of racegoers

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) -- A 16-year-old apprentice jockey was dragged to his death by a runaway horse at a race meeting on Saturday.

Sam McRae, who had been riding for four months, was dragged 900 yards after he fell from his horse, Queen's Evidence, and his foot became trapped in a stirrup.

He died of head and chest injuries, Riverton Racing Club chief stipendiary steward Stewart Ching said.

It's been a long time since I've heard of such a tragic event occurring during a horse race. I lived in a small town in Trinidad which revolved around horse racing, and heard of a lot of injuries and a few deaths, but none as tragic like this one. To think he had just started his career in the sport, and to lose his life is very saddening. I couldn't even imagine being a spectator at the event; I would be in a state of shock having witnessed something like that.

https://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/more...ex.html?cnn=yes

Post Date: 8th Jun, 2008 - 2:56am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Racing Horse

Big Brown Fails

NEW YORK (AP) - Big Brown failed to win the Belmont Stakes and the Triple Crown. The three-year old colt was trying to become the first horse to win the Triple Crown since 1978. The winner of the race was Da' Tara.
Ref. USA Today

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2009 - 3:58pm / Post ID: #

Horse Racing

Grand National 2009

Mon Mome, trained by Venetia Williams, wins the Grand National at Aintree at 100-1, the biggest-priced winner since Foinavon in 1967. Ref. BBC

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th May, 2010 - 10:43pm / Post ID: #

Horse Racing

Preakness Stakes

looking At Lucky wins Preakness Stakes; Kentucky Derby winner Super Saver finishes out of the money. Ref. CNN

Post Date: 19th Mar, 2012 - 7:50am / Post ID: #

Horse Racing Movies Music Fashion & Sports

Last Grand National for the BBC as it enters the final furlong on its racing coverage
UK News

Channel 4 will screen all terrestrial racing for ‘at least the next four years’ from 2013 in a deal understood to be worth more than £20million.
Source: Home | Mail Online

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Horse Racing

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,