Egypt

Egypt - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 22nd May, 2004 - 4:52am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

The land of Pharaoh
Post Date: 17th Apr, 2004 - 6:14pm / Post ID: #

Egypt

Egypt is rich in history and though it always depicted as a desert (much of it is) there is a lot of fertile land with its' people being the foremost asset. A unified kingdom arose circa 3200 B.C. and a series of dynasties ruled in Egypt for the next three millennia. The last native dynasty fell to the Persians in 341 B.C., who in turn were replaced by the Greeks, Romans, and Byzantines. It was the Arabs who introduced Islam and the Arabic language in the 7th century and who ruled for the next six centuries. A local military caste, the Mamluks took control about 1250 and continued to govern after the conquest of Egypt by the Ottoman Turks in 1517.

Ref. https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/eg.html

Sponsored Links:
22nd May, 2004 - 4:52am / Post ID: #

Egypt

Oh gosh, Egypt! yes! the Pyramids, the mysteries, so many things to see and discover there!. I would love to go there. I have a friend who went there and told me it was the best experience in her life, she said she could not stand the heat, it was extremely hot.

> TOPIC: Egypt

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,