White Hat Hacker

White Hat Hacker - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 3rd Dec, 2016 - 2:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Is there such a thing as a good hacker?
Post Date: 21st Apr, 2004 - 8:55am / Post ID: #

White Hat Hacker
A Friend

White Hat Hacker

If I 'notice' that a random computer on the internet is open to attack from a hacker, what should I do?

What if the only way to let the owner of the computer know about it, was to hack in to the computer and leave a message?

Is that considered right or wrong? (From an ethical or legal view)

Does anyone know if there are any laws in Trinidad about this type of 'harmless hacking'?

Sponsored Links:
21st Apr, 2004 - 10:10am / Post ID: #

Hacker Hat White

international QUOTE
Does anyone know if there are any laws in Trinidad about this type of 'harmless hacking'?

First of all I believe the term you are refereing to is 'cracking' where as 'hacking' refers to modification, cracking refers to infiltration, accessing secure areas, etc. There were laws made against cracking in Trinidad, how extensive they are I do not know, but they are there. My suggestion is… if it is someone you know, just send them an Email, if it is just a random person then leave them alone, after all, how many users on the net are 'open', you can't save them all. Have you been sniffed or are you the sniffer?

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2004 - 4:59pm / Post ID: #

White Hat Hacker
A Friend

White Hat Hacker Gaming Video & Issues Computer

'Cracking' sounds like you have to put so much effort into it. Its suprising the amount of Windows systems you can get into just using tools that come with Windows and without the need for a password. It can take less than a minute.

Microsoft really needs to change fast. They should at least tell people what to do to fix these simple holes in their systems.

Reconcile Edited: biff on 21st Apr, 2004 - 5:05pm

21st Apr, 2004 - 6:42pm / Post ID: #

Hacker Hat White

I agree about Microsoft. That is why I point out that IE is one of the three biggest security problems on computers. The other two are Windows and Outlook.

The three best answers to protect computers is: firewalls, firewalls, firewalls.

Also, visit Source, there are free tools there that plug several security holes, along with lots of information about security problems.

21st Apr, 2004 - 10:05pm / Post ID: #

Hacker Hat White

Biff sounds like you have 'extra' time on your hands?

Thanks for the link Nighthawk. I tired the programs and looks like I am secure wink.gif You should open a thread with it in the Downloads board so everyone can be aware of it as they may not find it here.

Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2016 - 11:13pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

White Hat Hacker

De-coding the character of a hacker

A characteristic called systemizing provides insight into what makes and motivates a hacker, says new study. Ref. Source 1g.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Dec, 2016 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #

White Hat Hacker

I believe that a white hat hacker can exist since maybe someone can hire one to crack something that they need, such as cracking the password in a computer that the person forgot.

> TOPIC: White Hat Hacker

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,