Neo - Mr. Anderson - The One

Neo Mr Anderson One - Matrix Trilogy - Plugged RPG - Posted: 24th Aug, 2011 - 5:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Neo - Mr. Anderson - The One The 'One' the hero that learns how to operate with god-like powers in the Matrix. How did Neo get his name and was he created by the Matrix to solve the problem of agents becoming too powerful? In this Thread we hope to better understand the purpose of the character known as Neo in the Matrix trilogy.
Post Date: 24th May, 2004 - 3:22am / Post ID: #

Neo is given the role of an innocent everyday guy with the potential to save millions of lives. He is coached by Morpheus and loved by Trinity. His skills develop as he learns to be bigger than the Matrix.

Sponsored Links:
8th Aug, 2004 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

One - Anderson Mr Neo

Matrix

I often wonder how Neo went into a coma by the end of Matrix Reloaded and then awoke within the Matrix (with no shades by the way) in Matrix Revolutions? Had he somehow developed the ability to get in and out of the Matrix without physical help?

The other thing I wonder is if they were to have a Matrix 4 and Keanu wasn't Neo - would people still enjoy it?

12th Dec, 2004 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

Neo - Mr. Anderson - The One RPG Plugged Trilogy Matrix

Matrix

Neo went into the coma in Reloaded because he used his inert EMP to ward off the 3 sentinels that came at him. What does this mean? That Neo is a machine, or at least part machine. Only machines, like the ships, have the ability to produce EMP which can destroy the machines. He therefore also had the ability to be unjacked from the Matrix, exist in Zion and also in the train station, which we learn is the transport layer between the Machine world and the Matrix.
I dont think he knew how to get in and out of the Matrix without help, because he still had to be jacked in when he got to the Machine city. A machine that does not exist in the machine world (real world) or the Matrix is in limbo (between both worlds) which is exactly where Neo ended up. No human (or 100% human at least) could accomplish this. If they were unconscious in the real world, and not plugged in, then they would never be in the Train Station. Programs and Machines only were allowed there.

14th Feb, 2005 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

One - Anderson Mr Neo

Matrix

When Trinity came with the Trainman and rescued Neo from 'The Train Station', they were all riding in a car in the Matrix (Seraph, Trinity, Morpheus and Neo) and Link ask's Morpheus if they got Neo. Here is the blurb:

international QUOTE
Morpheus: Are you ready for us?

Link: Almost, sir. They've got some pretty ancient hacks, here. We're workin' them. But, you found Neo?

Morpheus: Can't you see him?

Link: No, sir. We're readin' somethin', but I couldn't tell what it was.

At this point, Neo is still not jacked in, he is laying on a table in the ship. Eventually they must jack in his body so that he can return into Zion.
The reason I bring this up is because later on in Revolutions, when they bring the LOGOS back online, they are looking at the matrix console, and the crew member says:

international QUOTE
AK: Uplifts replaced, I'm bringing her back on-line.

Sparky: looking' good, except uh. .. There's something wrong with the matrix.

AK: No, there's not. You're looking' at what we're looking' at. What the hell is going on in there.

Link: Whatever it is, it can't be good.

The assumption this is when Smith is taking over everyone in the Matrix, because prior to this scene is when he takes over the Oracle. My question is "Do you think Smith looked like Neo did when he wasn't jacked in but he was?" Also, I am curious as to how these crew members are trained to read the code. Maybe I'll start another thread on that issue.

26th Feb, 2005 - 6:59pm / Post ID: #

One - Anderson Mr Neo

Matrix

I was watching the original Matrix movie the other day, and was amazed by all the hints that are given at the beginning of the movie regarding Neo and him being 'The One'. Here are some of these hints that I missed before:

When Neo is visited at his apartment by the guy and girl with the White Rabbit tatoo, the guy (His name was Choi) refers to Neo as his 'savior' and his 'own personal Jesus Christ', when Neo gives him the pirated disc.

international QUOTE

Choi: Something wrong, man? You look a little whiter than usual.

Neo: My computer, it - You ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming?

Choi: Mm, all the time. It's called Mescaline. It's the only way to fly. Hey, it just sounds to me like you need to unplug, man.

Here is an excerpt of the conversation between Neo and his boss, with the interesting things highlighted. Also of note is that Neo keeps staring at the window cleaners outside. The soap suds cascading down the window has a striking resemblance to the Matrix code

international QUOTE
Mr. Rhineheart: You have a problem with authority, Mr. Anderson. You believe that you are special, that somehow the rules do not apply to you. Obviously you are mistaken. This company is one of the top software companies in the world because every single employee understands that [b]they are part of a whole. Thus, if an employee has a problem, the company has a problem. The time has come to make a choice, Mr. Anderson. Either you choose to be at your desk on time from this day forth, or you choose to find yourself another job. Do I make myself clear?

Neo: Yes, Mr. Rhineheart. Perfectly clear

27th Feb, 2005 - 1:47am / Post ID: #

Matrix

Actually I did catch all those subtile hints watching it after Reloaded first came out. However, you would have to be a genius to pick up on that from a first view. In regards to your other posts I think this shows just how much pre-programming went into Neo - I also think that he was given his powers based on making choices the system wanted him to make. If he did not make those calculated choices then he may not have been granted anything. It is interesting to note that although Neo is the One, he could in no way accomplish much without the 'Trinity' - Neo, Morepheus and Trinity - with the woman of Trinity completing the circle as for some Trinity actually means 'One'. So perhaps the One is not just Neo but the three as ONE. wink.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Jul, 2011 - 10:41pm / Post ID: #

Neo Mr. Anderson - One

In the beginning, scattered code fragments of Neo's "RSI" (Residual Self Image) were found on the bodies of the impostor Agents who appeared across the Mega City during Chapter 1.1 (later revealed to be Sentinels under the command of The General program). When held, these fragments echoed some of the final thoughts of Neo inside the redpill's mind. Each of the three main post-war political organizations inside the Matrix realized the possible significance of these fragments and began fighting amongst themselves to gather as many as they could. Wikipedia

Neo - Mr. Anderson - The One (Hover)

Post Date: 24th Aug, 2011 - 5:05am / Post ID: #

Neo Mr. Anderson - One Matrix Trilogy Plugged RPG

Name: Loren

Comments: But did Neo actually die? If he is a digital creation then did his destroying of Mr. Smith also delete him? That part doesn't make sense to me. It is like using an anti-virus and your anti-virus has to delete itself in order to delete the virus.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Neo - Mr. Anderson - The One

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
The Wachowskis and Warner Bros. are the original copyright holders, creators and producers of the Matrix Trilogy. Material used here is on the basis of "fan" site. Plugged RPG is a FREE custom built Text RPG based on the Matrix concept giving Players a chance to use the Matrix Theme in a Play by Post environment.