Trinity

Trinity - Matrix Trilogy - Plugged RPG - Posted: 5th Feb, 2005 - 3:54am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
If there wasn
Post Date: 24th May, 2004 - 3:42pm / Post ID: #

Trinity

Trinity wins the heart of Neo, the 'One', and she also is a lifeline in the show which works out quite literally as she brings Neo back to life after fighting a losing battle to Mr. Smith (first movie). Interestingly enough Neo has to do the same for Trinity in Reloaded.

Sponsored Links:
12th Dec, 2004 - 6:12pm / Post ID: #

Trinity

Matrix

I also believe Trinity's purpose was to give Neo something to choose between. If Trinity did not exist, then he would not have a love interest, and when he met the Architect, would surely choose to go back to the Source and save Zion. The concept of choosing Trinity is revisited many times in Reloaded and Revolutions, and is the backbone of Neo's identity in and out of the Matrix. I dont think Trinity could have run the show by herself by any means. For one, she did not have control of the Matrix like Neo. I do agree she is the second strongest human in the Matrix; I still stand by Seraph being the second strongest entity in the Matrix after Neo/Smith who are tied for first.

29th Dec, 2004 - 12:16am / Post ID: #

Trinity RPG Plugged Trilogy Matrix

Matrix

Considering Neo's interest in Trinity and the fact that it took Trinity to fly Neo to the Machine City we must actually wonder if Trinity is really the star and not Neo. Thinking about each of the movies in the trilogy I think it is interesting to note that at the start of each movie we see Trinity... maybe that is a hint.

29th Dec, 2004 - 3:18pm / Post ID: #

Trinity

Matrix

I wouldnt go so far to say she was the 'star' of the trilogy. She was a very important and integral part of Neo's life and purpose, but she could not have done any of the things that Neo did to bring peace between the humans and machines. That was the ultimate goal at the end of the Trilogy. As for Trinity taking Neo to the Machine City, Neo chose her, and I am not so sure that if Trinity was not 'available' that there wouldnt have been someone else who could have manned the ship. Maybe even Morpheus.

29th Dec, 2004 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #

Trinity

Matrix

Do not think that I am saying that Trinity should take over the role of Neo. let me explain it this way... when looking at a car do you admire the body or the engine? In the end, what really matters is that the car moves, and moves well. This is the case with Trinity. Neo is like the body, all flashy, nice to look at, keep you dry from the rain, etc. However, the real 'meat' of the matter is Trinity (the engine) as it is her love that makes the body work. Remember, it is was Trinity that brought him back to life in the first place - it gave Neo something 'worth' fighting for, otherwise he may have just given up. We can also use the allegory of her being the 'gas' that powers the car.

Offtopic but,
As for Morepheus... remember, in none of the shows do we see him being able to pilot, maybe he could, but seemed better suited to navigation and weapons. getting to the Machine World was not just a simple flight, but one that needed a very skilled flyer, one that turned out to be Trinity, simply because you know they will not part ways.

30th Dec, 2004 - 9:26pm / Post ID: #

Trinity

Matrix

I agree that Trinity is the motivation for Neo and it is apparent that without Trinity, Neo would not have made the decisions he did, and thus the final outcome would have been very different. However, I completely disagree with this:

we must actually wonder if Trinity is really the star and not Neo

Offtopic but,
I would find it hard to believe that Morpheus is the captain of one of the few ships in Zion and not able to pilot skillfully. Not that Trinity wasn't a skilled pilot, but I would suspect Morpheus could hold his own if needed.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Dec, 2004 - 9:40pm / Post ID: #

Trinity

Matrix

Yes I know it seems hard to accept, but if you ask most guys who they think was more 'cool' in the show, they will most likely say 'Trinity'. Like most things in this movie, it is all left up to the perception of the viewer to make a final judgement.

5th Feb, 2005 - 3:54am / Post ID: #

Trinity Matrix Trilogy Plugged RPG

Matrix

we must actually wonder if Trinity is really the star and not Neo

Another situation where Trinity seemed to be the hero, and Neo was nowhere to be found was when her and Morpheus rescued the KeyMaker. Her heroics on the highway is what allowed the KeyMaker to live. Something to consider that back's up this theory.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Trinity

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
The Wachowskis and Warner Bros. are the original copyright holders, creators and producers of the Matrix Trilogy. Material used here is on the basis of "fan" site. Plugged RPG is a FREE custom built Text RPG based on the Matrix concept giving Players a chance to use the Matrix Theme in a Play by Post environment.