Which One Of Your 5 Senses Could You Live Without - Page 2 of 2

I've thought about this before and - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 10th Jul, 2018 - 4:04am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2006 - 3:00am / Post ID: #

Which One Of Your 5 Senses Could You Live Without
A Friend

Which One Of Your 5 Senses Could You Live Without - Page 2

I know I'm the odd ball out but I would want to lose my sight, here's my logic. Growing up I've always had a hard time seeing even with glasses I don't see 100%. So what I did is I use to go around my house with my eyes closed, I was training my other sences to take over if I ever lost my sight completely. My earing has improved to the fact I can here a dogs whistle. My taste and smell has increased (and sometimes I regret it.) My sence of touch has also become more refined. So if I was able to loose my sight I am still able to operate in a normal (semi) way. By loosing one of your sences your remaining 4 sences will increase to compensate for the loss of the one.

Sponsored Links:
3rd Oct, 2006 - 3:55am / Post ID: #

Without Live You Senses Your One Which

Zelph that seems to be the long route. For me it would be easy to give up smell, in fact sometimes you are better off not having it anyway. I mean of the five, smell is less critical - it is like losing the CD player, but at least having the monitor CPU, keyboard and mouse. In other words - you will rarely need assistance to get by from day to day.

18th Jan, 2007 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

Which One Of Your 5 Senses Could You Live Without Health & Special Psychology

Wow lots of varied views and reason fro them. For me it would be the taste I would give up. As I think I would miss it the least.

19th May, 2007 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Without Live You Senses Your One Which

I think I would choose taste. Although it would be so boring to eat food without being able to taste it, I don't think I could bear to live without, sight, hearing, touch and smell. If I lost my sense of taste, I believe that it would be so much easier for me to maintain my current weight. But on the downside, I would get food poisoning almost all the time!

11th Nov, 2017 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

Without Live You Senses Your One Which

I guess smell would be an easy pick as I just can't see myself living without the others.

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2017 - 1:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Smell, its not even close.

Sight, hearing, and touch are all majorly disabling things to lose, so they're out of the running. Yes, you can compensate for them, but having to adapt to fill the hole left by something shows just how important it was in the first place.

Between the sense of taste and the sense of smell, I get MUCH more enjoyment out of the former, not least because I'm a pretty darn good cook.

P.S. We have a lot more than five senses, and several of them are quite important. For instance, try walking across a room some time without your equilibrioception, your sense of balance.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 11th Nov, 2017 - 1:14am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Nov, 2017 - 3:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Which One Your 5 Senses You Live Without - Page 2

I am a bad sad case with my loss of taste and loss of smell I am down to three senses. With strong hands I am not good at delicate touches, my eyesight is going bad and my military service has left me with at least 25% hearing loss in both ears. SO I guess you can say I am living with the loss of taste and smell.

10th Jul, 2018 - 4:04am / Post ID: #

Which One Your 5 Senses You Live Without Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

I've thought about this before and its definitely smell. I don't think I can live without the others.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Which One Of Your 5 Senses Could You Live Without

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,