2004 Olympics - Page 4 of 4

Well, all of this is an afterthought, but - Page 4 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 29th Jan, 2005 - 1:41am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 29th Jan, 2005 - 1:41am / Post ID: #

2004 Olympics
A Friend

2004 Olympics - Page 4

Well, all of this is an afterthought, but I thought I would post it anyway. I really enjoyed watching the whole thing. The events that stood out for me were the swimming events, gymnastics, and like Nighthawk said, I was enthralled by the beach volley ball competitions. The one thing that I didn't like about the volley ball event was that they had scantily clad women dancing kind of off to the side for 'entertainment' during breaks in play and time outs. I thought this was kind of tacky. I felt bad for Paul Hamm, and I am glad that his gold medal wasn't taken away. No one said anything about women's gymnastics. The US came in a close second in the all around team finals and Carley Patterson won gold in the all around individual. They seemed to have it together, despite some mistakes. I found the story of Mohini Bhardwaj-- the US gymnast who injured her elbow in 2002 and decided to retire--rather uplifting and inspiring. After missing the sport so much, she decided to give up her studies to pursue her passion on the vault again. She was voted unanimously to be the captain of the team and Pamela Anderson donated $20,000 so that she could continue her training up until the olympics. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed watching the games, but I felt bad for the people of Greece who will be paying for some time to cover the costs invested to host the 2004 Olympics. The 2004 Olympics sucked $10-12 billion (in U.S. dollars) out of the Greek economy. That's more than five percent of the country's annual gross domestic product! They didn't count on all the costs associated with security, since their bid was made shortly before security had to be beefed up around the world as a direct result of the 9/11 terrorist attack. I hope it doesn't take them too long to recover financially.

Sponsored Links:
+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: 2004 Olympics

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,