Child Labour In T&T

Child Labour T - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 24th Feb, 2005 - 1:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Children working in by force or in unsavory conditions
12th Jun, 2004 - 7:17pm / Post ID: #

Child Labour In T&T

Recently there has been a focus on the crimes against Children especially that of child labour which has become more prominent in the Caribbean. Have you ever come into contact with children trying to sell food on the streets? I have, I try to help them by buying what they sell, but really it is sad that I cannot help them the way the really need it. It is just too many and will require both legal and social services to intervene.

Sponsored Links:
12th Jun, 2004 - 8:30pm / Post ID: #

TampT Labour Child

I see them all the time in the streets, selling all kind of foods. You have to see their little faces, so desesperate to sell something cry.gif . These children are suppose to be at school, at home and their parents working to support them, not the other way around but it is seems like Trinidadians see it as 'common' and is far away from it!.

23rd Feb, 2005 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #

Child Labour In T&T Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Recently street children have been getting a lot of coverage. In one news report three kids were telling of their story on the streets. They often have to dodge requests from men who want them for sexual pleasure - we are talking about children ranging in age from 9 - 15. One of the kids explained that they avoid these advances by sticking together - they never separate. They cry out for love and though many think they are on drugs they say all they do is smoke cigarettes sometimes, but their real need is for love - they say they just want someone to love them - so sad.

24th Feb, 2005 - 1:05am / Post ID: #

TampT Labour Child

I read that article in the Express and I cried. I felt so sad for these children. One of them was 15 years old and was HIV positive, some of their parents died and their relatives just do not want them, other children their parents are alive but does not want them and all of them escape orphanages because of the abuse that we all know is going on there. This is so sad. One psychologist was saying that these children most of the time sell their bodies for $50TT (US$8)...it really makes sick to think who are those sickos who would take advantage of children living under these conditions.

> TOPIC: Child Labour In T&T

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,