"Under God" In The USA Pledge Of Allegiance? - Page 2 of 3

While I understand why some people don't - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 19th Mar, 2016 - 1:43am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Discuss  " Under God" In USA Pledge Allegiance
28th May, 2015 - 5:31pm / Post ID: #

"Under God" In The USA Pledge Of Allegiance? - Page 2

God gave us our freedom and America now they want to take it all away from God. We all know what eventually happens to a godless nation.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 0 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Mar, 2016 - 3:48am / Post ID: #

"Under God" In The USA Pledge Of Allegiance?
A Friend

Allegiance Pledge USA The Godquot quotUnder

international QUOTE (Rasputin @ 11-Sep 14, 12:13 AM)
All religions have a god of some sort, so acknowledging a god in a pledge doesn't discriminate against anyone's religion.

There are many religions that do not have "God" as such, that are not mono-theistic in nature. There are religions that have many "Gods" and there are forms of spirituality that do not have any "God".

Placing phrases such as "In God We Trust" on our currency, on federal property, or in our Pledge does strongly go against the intentions of our Founding Fathers and also does violate the principal of Separation of Church and State. It does essentially establish a limited selection of state approved religions.

international QUOTE (Revival @ 11-Sep 14, 12:13 AM)
God gave us our freedom and America now they want to take it all away from God. We all know what eventually happens to a godless nation.

Hitler's elite troops wore belt buckles with the phrase "Got Mit Uns" (God With Us) on them. Isis and other Muslim organizations wish to form nations "Under God" which follow the laws of religion rather than a democratically formed constitutional republic with a government Of, By, and For The People.

I suggest you read the letters of James Madison regarding the extreme importance of [complete and total] Separation of Church and State. The people who "Gave us our freedom" fought to be free from an oppressive government which *did* have a form of accepted State Christianity - I don't think many sensible Americans regret that our country broke free from under the rule of England?

international QUOTE (Gerard)
Even if you don't like "God… " In the allegiance how does it 'damage' you for saying it? So much more to life than nitpicking.

If it's "Just nitpicking", then PLEASE, take it BACK out because it wasn't in the pledge originally. Since it's not such a big deal to you, and it is deeply offensive to me, can't we please restore our pledge back to how it was before? Please?

Reconcile Edited: Chris on 5th Mar, 2016 - 4:04am

7th Mar, 2016 - 1:42pm / Post ID: #

"Under God" In The USA Pledge Of Allegiance? History & Civil Business Politics

international QUOTE
Pledge does strongly go against the intentions of our Founding Fathers…

Weren't the founding fathers Masons and used many of their rituals and performances in their official ceremonies? Did they really intend that "God" should not be uttered? I doubt that - I think they just didn't want anyone forced into any particular religion.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 28 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.8%

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2016 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Allegiance Pledge USA The Godquot quotUnder

"Government should not be cognizant of religion" - clearly, as much as possible, government should operate as though it is not even aware of religion. As if it does not even know religion exists. Obviously, that's not entirely possible, since it was important to them to protect the right to freedom of religion. However, things such as frivolous inclusion of religion on our currency is a clear and blatant violation of the separation principle.

James Madison clarified in several letters, which have been archived, that it is best for the benefit of both religion and government, that they should operate entirely separately.

Reconcile Edited: Chris on 8th Mar, 2016 - 5:55pm

8th Mar, 2016 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

Allegiance Pledge USA The Godquot quotUnder

There are a few states that have "God" or references to a supreme being in their constitution / preamble. It seems to me that while the US constitution was not worded with it some states insisted by making it part of theirs.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 17 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.7%

14th Mar, 2016 - 12:46am / Post ID: #

Judge Again Asks Courtroom to Say Pledge After Jailing Lawyer for Refusing
Original Post Date: 8th Oct, 2010 - 5:33pm

Do you agree with this judge who decided to jail a lawyer because he won't recite the pledge?

international QUOTE
TUPELO, Miss. – A Mississippi judge again asked everyone in his courtroom to stand and pledge allegiance to the flag, despite an uproar over whether he has the right to make such a request. The furor began Wednesday when an attorney with a reputation for fighting free speech battles stayed silent as everyone else recited the patriotic oath. The lawyer was jailed. A day later, Judge Talmadge Littlejohn continued to ask those in his courtroom to say the pledge. "I didn't expect the Pledge of Allegiance, but he asked me to do it, so I did it," said Melissa Adams, 41, who testified in a child custody case that was closed to the public. Attorney Danny Lampley spent about five hours behind bars before Littlejohn set him free so that the lawyer could work on another case. Lampley told The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal he respected the judge but wasn't going to back down. "I don't have to say it because I'm an American," Lampley told the newspaper.... Source 2n

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 9 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.9%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Mar, 2016 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

"Under God" The USA Pledge Allegiance - Page 2

Well, if I was in that court room I would have insisted that they say the ORIGINAL pledge:

international QUOTE
"I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Not the adulterated garbage some people try to call the pledge today:

international QUOTE
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all"

19th Mar, 2016 - 1:43am / Post ID: #

"Under God" The USA Pledge Allegiance Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

While I understand why some people don't want to say "God" I think the grief over it is ridiculous. If a judge orders you to do something then do it, after you get out of court then you can see redress rather than ending up in jail where you can't do anything. Chris' idea is a good one or just pause when its time to say "God" its not like the end of the world.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 168 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 16.8%

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: "Under God" In The USA Pledge Of Allegiance?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,