Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 5 of 23

Have you all checked the newspapers today? - Page 5 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 31st Oct, 2006 - 2:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (23) »
What is going on here? I am amazed at the articles I read every day when I pull up the Express newspaper online. What really hurt me when I read this article was the poor boy who had to watch this happen to his mother. Is it really this bad now?
Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Related Information to Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago
Post Date: 5th Jul, 2006 - 10:15am / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago
A Friend

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 5

Hi,

I am interested in returning to Tobago.

I am not a citizen, however I travelled through the caribbean on a yacht when I was much younger, and spent a lot of time in Tobago - I loved it there!

I am from South Africa myself, and I do deal with a LOT of crime here.
That does not mean I'm willing to take on more crime though - even with all the beauty Tobago has to offer.

In this thread, there is a lot of talk about the crime in Trinidad.
I only read one post, I think, which related to Tobago.

I would REALLY like to know what the situation is like in Tobago.

One of the main reasons I would like to leave South Africa, is due to the crime.
Secondary to that is the incompetence which is found EVERYWHERE.

I assume things wont be much better in Tobago after reading through this forum.
However I am really hoping that a lot of this is isolated to Trinidad, and my fantasy island paradise which I have been dreaming of for the 10 years since I was last there, has remained a cool, calm, safe place.

I would love to hear, all and everything you have to say about Tobago -
So any posts would be greatly, greatly appreciated!

May TT continue to prosper, and only good things happen from here on out!

Sponsored Links:
5th Jul, 2006 - 11:54am / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

There is a specific Thread about that here: Crime in Tobago. Of recent, Tobago has not been spared, although not as bad, crime continues to rise there.

17th Oct, 2006 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Since the murders in this little island are escalating tremendously, I will start adding daily the murder and violent cases for review and analysis. Feel free to comment in any of the cases. These are the cases for Today ONLY:

The first case is a murder out of jealousy and envy. The suspected killed his ex-wife because the woman chose a rich man to marry.

Car dealer and lover gunned down

A millionaire car dealer and the "poor" woman he fell in love with were shot and killed by hitmen near midnight on Sunday.

Their deaths were paid for by the woman's former flame, who was angry that she was now rich and needed him no more, relatives and police said.

Rahim "Bam" Abraham, 48, and Sunita Michelle Ramlochan, 29, died in the bedroom of the home he had built for his lover at St John's Village, South Oropouche.

The killers spared the life of Ramlochan's ten-year-old daughter, Narissa, who was in another bedroom.

Ramlochan's father, Tackoor Persad Ramsamooj, who lived at the house, saw the men running away, but he too was ignored.

The killers took nothing, although there were cars and SUV for sale, valued at millions of dollars, parked around the house of murder.

Police arrested a 30-year-old man of Avocat Village, shortly after the killings."

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...ws?id=161035483

Body found still unidentified

The body of a man of African ethnicity found near the Housing Development Company on South Quay, Port of Spain over the weekend is yet to be identified.

Investigators say the body was found in a manhole near the stairwell.

It was in an early state of decomposition and was clad in a black T-shirt and khaki pants.

The body also had a low hairstyle and appeared to have several stab and chop wounds behind the neck....

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...ws?id=161035477

Fisherman murdered

A Rio Claro fish vendor who was a friend to many of his customers was shot dead outside his home yesterday.

Arnold Nelson was brushing his teeth in the backyard of his home at Sucre Street, when he was killed.

No one saw the people who did it.

Police don't know why it happened.

That's because Nelson still had $6,000 in his pants pocket when police checked.

The money was from Arnold's sales over the weekend.

He sold fish, turtle and lobsters near the Princes Town and Rio Claro Public Markets.

He fished off Trinidad's East coast and was known by many in villages between Manzanilla and Guayaguayare.

A friend, Nigel Ramesar, said Nelson was "always smiling, a happy man. He was always respectful to everyone. Nobody understand why this happen"....

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...ws?id=161035471

I do not recall the exact number of murders for the year 2006, but I know is more than 300 in an island of 1.1 million inhabitants.

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 17th Oct, 2006 - 7:11pm

Post Date: 23rd Oct, 2006 - 5:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 5 Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

My fiance' and I were in Tobago in August, 2006. We stopped at a little diner to have pumpkin soup and there was a little clothing/souvenir shop connected to the diner. While in there, there were two young women shopping as well. From their accents I could tell one was British, the other Dutch. They talked about going to some waterfalls later that afternoon. My fiance' and I also wanted to see the waterfalls, but opted to go to the beach instead. The next day we read in the paper about two young tourist women... one British, one Dutch. They had been beaten with a club, robbed, and left for dead at the waterfalls. I have no idea if things would have been different for them or for us had we gone to the waterfalls that day.

23rd Oct, 2006 - 9:06pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Crime Violent

Shane, you seem to be getting Trinidad and Tobago RAW, and sadly, that is how it is, you will see all kinds of people trying to deny it, but in truth and in fact this place is one big ghetto!

What makes this crime situation so bad is how small the country is... we are not talking about a place the size of Florida or even Maryland, we are talking about a country so small that it could fit in Baltimore City! This means that no matter where you go you can easily be the unlucky victim of the day. Each day I get up and only because I have to go out to buy groceries or conduct business I do leave my home, if not I would not venture out. I also am psychologically ready for anything. I especially take the time to observe those around me, what they carry, how they move and act, so that I can move quickly should a situation develop. For this reason I generally do not like to venture out with my family, because in doing so it paralyzes me in what I could do. Some may see this as paranoia, but since I have seen what is out there I do not doubt, I do not live in denial.

24th Oct, 2006 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

Oh my gosh Shane! I can imagine what went through your mind when you heard these tourists you saw were killed! It is so horrible the feeling of walking down the road and feel "unsafe". I hardly go out at all and if I do is because someone I know is giving me a drop or I am going out with my husband. I hate this feeling because no matter how much "freedom" per se you have in this country, you are a "slave" of the crime situation.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Oct, 2006 - 1:12pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago - Page 5

A British citizen was murdered on his house in Santa Cruz and this pushes the murders to 313 for the year so far, this number surpluses the amount of murders at this same period last year. It's frightening yet the Government made misleading advertisements that the crime situation is not as bad as people think. It's disgusting. I believe that until the Government do not accept that this is an issue, the crime rate will continue to climb.

I am really prepared for the worst and I am so sickening of this non-sense that if something happens to me, I am ready to fight the battle, even if that would cost my life. The situation in this country is beyond ridiculous.

31st Oct, 2006 - 2:03pm / Post ID: #

Violent Crime Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 5

Have you all checked the newspapers today? The case of the 13 years old who was sexually assaulted and tortured broke my heart. (I updated a thread and talked about it under Heinous Crimes).

I am so angry about this situation in this country. It makes me sick. It makes me even more sick to hear the Minister of National Security and Prime Minister saying that the crime isn't a big issue in Trinidad. It makes me very angry to hear some ignorant fools trying to compare Trinidad with a US state or even another country. This is an island for heaven's sake! Just a little over a million people! This is serious, very serious. That's why I do not care whoever want to call me paranoid, I am NOT leaving my kids alone with ANYBODY, stranger, "friend", acquaintance, etc...you name it. I am literally sick to be living in this country under these circumstances.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (23) »

> TOPIC: Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,