Trinidad Ministry Of Education & Autism

Trinidad Ministry Education Autism - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 6th May, 2015 - 12:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th Apr, 2012 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Ministry of Education & Autism

I heard the Minister of Education saying today that they are going to ensure that special needs students have the psychologists, therapists and so forth in schools to help them. How long have we been hearing that from many governments? What is more... There are no such facilities available for special needs students unless you are prepared to pay big bucks for individualized care and that care is still limited as there are NOT many child psychologists or therapists in the country. Therefore considering the huge population of special needs students how is that realistic or possible? Sounds all like politics to me.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Jul, 2014 - 12:15pm / Post ID: #

Autism and Education Ministry Trinidad

Name: Sachi

Comments: There should be a special place built for children that have learning disabilities so they can learn at their place and not be isolated because they aren't as "Bright" As the rest.

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2015 - 4:17pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Ministry Of Education & Autism Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Name: Sambroo

Comments: The truth is the Ministry of Education and those who work for it have no clue about the challenges of parents in looking for schools / teachers for special needs kids. They expect you to dump your child in an already inadequate system and the child is just supposed to cope. Heartless!

29th Jan, 2015 - 3:03pm / Post ID: #

That's right Sambroo, they have no clue but that's not the half of it. Instead of being understanding the general feeling is you are supposed to just 'throw' your child in the public system and 'make it work' - crazy.

Post Date: 14th Apr, 2015 - 2:39pm / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

It's such a huge problem, and if you read some of these forums you realise that very little has improved in over 6 years of posts. With a problem like this, where do you even begin? We need access to affordable schools, affordable therapy, affordable support.

5th May, 2015 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

JB, imagine you made the first post in 2012 and we are now in 2015 and nothing has changed.

Someone left this quote from the Prime Minister for me to read:

international QUOTE (Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar – World Autism Day 2014)
"The effects of ASDs are not restricted to any particular race, colour or class of people. In fact, from my own experiences with autism, I must emphasise the importance of early detection. With the right care, individuals affected by ASDs can lead a full and prosperous life.

My government is determined to introduce sustainable and comprehensive policies and programmes to benefit persons with autism as well as other disabilities. The time for full inclusion is now; no disability of any kind should be allowed to bar a citizen of Trinidad and Tobago from that which our anthem boasts, an equal place in society".

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th May, 2015 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Ministry Education & Autism

It is actually not unique to the autism group. Other special need groups like the Blind, Deaf, Downs Syndrome and the differently able have been asking for help for years. What makes Autism unique is it takes more professionals to adequately educate and help those under the spectrum than those with other challenges. What is more is the spectrum is so wide that you can't simply put one 'bandage' and expect it to work for everyone who is autistic. In the government's / economist's eyes this represents enormous cost for a small percentage of society.

> TOPIC: Trinidad Ministry Of Education & Autism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,