Arms Trade Treaty

Arms Trade Treaty - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 4th Jun, 2013 - 2:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
UN World Gun Related News
Post Date: 19th May, 2012 - 11:30am / Post ID: #

Arms Trade Treaty

UK Minister Calls for International Support on Arms Trade Treaty
Gun Related News From Around The World

The international arms trade has become the greatest threat to development and has to be controlled by a tough treaty to regulate weapons and munitions sales, a government minister warns.

In a speech to the Institute for Strategic Studies thinktank, Alan Duncan, the minister for international development, will urge allies such as the US to set aside their concerns and sign up to the comprehensive arms trade treaty (ATT), which will be hammered out during a month-long... [Guardian (UK), via GunPolicy.org]
Source: Gun Policy News (World)

Sponsored Links:
20th May, 2012 - 2:51am / Post ID: #

Treaty Trade Arms

Why do they even bother. Any support given will be just figuratively while behind the scene both governments and the black market will continue their thing.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 71 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7.1%

Post Date: 30th Jun, 2012 - 11:30am / Post ID: #

Arms Trade Treaty History & Civil Business Politics

UK to Push for Ammunition Control in Arms Trade Treaty

Britain is to push for ammunition sales to be covered by new international arms trade controls despite strong resistance from the US. The UK sees the inclusion of ammunition as an essential element of the proposed Arms Trade Treaty and will negotiate hard for it when a month-long conference opens at the United Nations in New York next week. But the British delegation faces opposition from a number of countries including China, Egypt and Syria but also its traditional... [Independent (UK) / Press Association (UK), via GunPolicy.org]

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2012 - 11:30am / Post ID: #

Treaty Trade Arms

Russia's Position on the Arms Trade Treaty

Russia has one of the most well developed arms control systems in the world and we have only one arms exporting nongovernmental agency which controls all arms trade. Interview with Sergey Denisentsev expert of the Center for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies from Moscow, Russia. What is the position of Russia on IATT Well, the key difference between the Russian approach towards IATT and the approach of countries of the EU is the matter of goals of IATT.... [Voice of Russia (Moscow), via GunPolicy.org]

Post Date: 13th Mar, 2013 - 3:50pm / Post ID: #

Treaty Trade Arms

U.S. Joins Renewed Deliberations On Arms Trade Treaty March 18
US Gun Related News

When the treaty was last debated--July 2012--the U.S. joined Russia, Indonesia, and India in saying they needed more time to think about it. Then, the very day after Obama was re-elected, "the U.S. Mission to the U.N. made clear its support for renewed ATT negotiations." --if ratified by the U.S., this treaty would require some type of gun registration either domestically or internationally, or both.
Source: Keyword: banglist

Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2013 - 10:05pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Arms Trade Treaty

UN approves first global arms trade treaty

The 193-nation UN General Assembly overwhelmingly approved today the first-ever treaty on global arms trade that seeks to regulate the US$70 billion (NZ$95 billion) international business in conventional arms ranging from light weapons to battle tanks and warships. Ref. Source 4

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Jun, 2013 - 2:37pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Arms Trade Treaty

U.S. Fails to Join Allies in Signing UN Global Arms Trade Treaty:

The U.S. Won't join the U.K., France and other major Western allies at the United Nations today to sign the first international treaty regulating the $85 billion a year global arms trade. The absence of the world's top arms dealer casts a shadow over a decades-long push to stop illegal cross-border shipments of conventional weapons. Ref. Source 6

Post Date: 4th Jun, 2013 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

Arms Trade Treaty
A Friend

Arms Trade Treaty Politics Business Civil & History

Of course the USA will not sign this. I feel it is the United nations trying to control all weapons not just illegal cross the border shipments. I feel that as an American I have the right to own a gun for my own defense and I feel the United Nations will try to take that right from me. I could be wrong but that is how it seems to me.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Arms Trade Treaty

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,