Rules, Rules, Rules...

Rules Rules Rules - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 12th Jul, 2004 - 9:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 12th Jul, 2004 - 2:55pm / Post ID: #

Rules, Rules, Rules...

Of all the rules of the forum, which one rule do you dislike the most? Why do you dislike it? Do you know of the purpose of the rule or is it that you are not accustomed to it?

Sponsored Links:
12th Jul, 2004 - 4:30pm / Post ID: #

Rules Rules Rules

Probably the rule I dislike the most is the double posting rule. I know why it is there, but there are always times where there is a topic that I want to add a post too, but I was the last one who posted there, and I cant. Just take a look at the Competitive Sports board for instance. I cant post to any of the topics because I was the last one. But thats just me.

12th Jul, 2004 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #

Rules, Rules, Rules... Feedback & FAQ News Community

You can use the 'Look this way' thread in the Rave Board to inspire someone to reply to a specific topic or simply upgrade your account. We never had this rule before, but then users would join and literally post up to five messages in a row in the space of five minutes.

12th Jul, 2004 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #

Rules Rules Rules

Can we just make it so that there is a time limit (say 60 minutes) between consecutive posts on a particular topic? Since there is a space limitation on the posts, this would make it possible for a person to post part 1 of 3, then if nobody else has posted a "go ahead" in 60 minutes, the person could post part 2 of 3, etc.

Before I received the ability to post consecutively, this was the worst rule. Especially when I was posting news items several days apart, without anyone else replying. (It's much better now smile.gif )

12th Jul, 2004 - 6:47pm / Post ID: #

Rules Rules Rules

I've used the 'Look this way' thread to draw some attention to a post but it didnt seem to matter, because the thread is still inactive. I agree with Nighthawk in terms of putting a time limit on when a consecutive thread can be updated by double posting. I am also considering upgrading my account just for that ability.

12th Jul, 2004 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

Rules, Rules, Rules...

Can we just make it so that there is a time limit (say 60 minutes) between consecutive posts on a particular topic?

The problem here is 'Peter Pays for Paul' (not sure if you heard of that saying) - or in other words if we enabled it again it would cause undue amounts of work to the bots and Admin in deleting poster's messages as they will surely overdo. If it could be that every poster were a 'Nighthawk' or a 'Malexander' it would be fine, but as it is not so we have to leave it in tact. We felt if a member really was interested in posting a lot to the point that they would make a donation then it would most likely mean that they care enough about the community to not abuse the feature - hence the Premium Members section.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Jul, 2004 - 9:02pm / Post ID: #

Rules Rules Rules...

OK JB, you win wink.gif. I can definitely see your point about abusing that privilege, and like any other privilige it should be given to those who contribute to the site, hence, the premium membership. You sure you're not a lawyer on the side because you always make a good argument smile.gif

Reconcile Edited: malexander on 12th Jul, 2004 - 9:03pm

12th Jul, 2004 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

Rules Rules Rules... Community News FAQ & Feedback

Lawyer - no, just experienced in net life wink.gif As most religious gurus would say, 'Following the rules set you free', thus all our rules help maintain the most unique community on the net, a place where users do not have to be worried about being persecuted, insulted or preyed upon.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Rules, Rules, Rules...

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,