Rules, Rules, Rules...

Rules Rules Rules - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 12th Jul, 2004 - 9:30pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 1 41 116 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 12th Jul, 2004 - 2:55pm / Post ID: #

Rules, Rules, Rules...

Of all the rules of the forum, which one rule do you dislike the most? Why do you dislike it? Do you know of the purpose of the rule or is it that you are not accustomed to it?

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2004 - 4:30pm / Post ID: #

Member + Agent Zapper
[?] CPosts: 3,709
Avg: 0.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 22.1%
[+] Gain: 224.48 FP
Charm: 149

Rules Rules Rules

Probably the rule I dislike the most is the double posting rule. I know why it is there, but there are always times where there is a topic that I want to add a post too, but I was the last one who posted there, and I cant. Just take a look at the Competitive Sports board for instance. I cant post to any of the topics because I was the last one. But thats just me.

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2004 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 36,934
Avg: 8.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 945.06 FP
Charm: 333

Rules, Rules, Rules... Feedback & FAQ News Community

You can use the 'Look this way' thread in the Rave Board to inspire someone to reply to a specific topic or simply upgrade your account. We never had this rule before, but then users would join and literally post up to five messages in a row in the space of five minutes.

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2004 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 3,526
Avg: 0.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 19.3%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 225

Rules Rules Rules

Can we just make it so that there is a time limit (say 60 minutes) between consecutive posts on a particular topic? Since there is a space limitation on the posts, this would make it possible for a person to post part 1 of 3, then if nobody else has posted a "go ahead" in 60 minutes, the person could post part 2 of 3, etc.

Before I received the ability to post consecutively, this was the worst rule. Especially when I was posting news items several days apart, without anyone else replying. (It's much better now :) )

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2004 - 6:47pm / Post ID: #

Member + Agent Zapper

Rules Rules Rules

I've used the 'Look this way' thread to draw some attention to a post but it didnt seem to matter, because the thread is still inactive. I agree with Nighthawk in terms of putting a time limit on when a consecutive thread can be updated by double posting. I am also considering upgrading my account just for that ability.

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2004 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Rules, Rules, Rules...

Can we just make it so that there is a time limit (say 60 minutes) between consecutive posts on a particular topic?

The problem here is 'Peter Pays for Paul' (not sure if you heard of that saying) - or in other words if we enabled it again it would cause undue amounts of work to the bots and Admin in deleting poster's messages as they will surely overdo. If it could be that every poster were a 'Nighthawk' or a 'Malexander' it would be fine, but as it is not so we have to leave it in tact. We felt if a member really was interested in posting a lot to the point that they would make a donation then it would most likely mean that they care enough about the community to not abuse the feature - hence the Premium Members section.

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2004 - 9:02pm / Post ID: #

Member + Agent Zapper

Rules Rules Rules...

OK JB, you win ;). I can definitely see your point about abusing that privilege, and like any other privilige it should be given to those who contribute to the site, hence, the premium membership. You sure you're not a lawyer on the side because you always make a good argument :)

Attached Image Edited: malexander on 12th Jul, 2004 - 9:03pm

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2004 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Rules Rules Rules...

Lawyer - no, just experienced in net life ;) As most religious gurus would say, 'Following the rules set you free', thus all our rules help maintain the most unique community on the net, a place where users do not have to be worried about being persecuted, insulted or preyed upon.

Guest please SHARE: "Rules, Rules, Rules..." on:

+  1 2 3 
Sponsored Links:

If you have input into "Rules, Rules, Rules..." do not be shy, give your input
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Rules, Rules, Rules...

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy and Disclaimer pages.

Unanswered

The below Topics have Zero Replies, can you be the first to comment on one or more of them?
Updated: Every 30 mins.

Highlights

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Thomaslee 13 Hours Ago
Directly Meeting With Aliens: In this Thread are other Threads that asks the question: "Where are the aliens?" By Blogger 2nd Jul, 2018 - 12:01am
USA Teachers Carrying Guns: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Swell 21st May, 2018 - 5:16am
Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?: Is there a science behind why someone is / becomes homosexual? Is it neurological or biological? By Skeptic 18th May, 2018 - 11:40pm
Is Manipulating Someone An Evil Practice?: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Jolenta 18th May, 2018 - 10:40pm
Depression: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By News 11th May, 2018 - 4:57am
Global Climate Change: Will the earth's climate change on her own or are we the ones sending it in a disastrous direction? By News 6th May, 2018 - 2:26pm
ISIS - ISIL: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Opinion 26th Apr, 2018 - 7:20am
Difference Between Love & Lust: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Paladin 21st Feb, 2018 - 8:41pm
Mouth Wash vs Warm Salt Water: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By JoePublic 14th Jan, 2018 - 1:18pm
The Media: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 16th Sep, 2017 - 4:17am