Indonesia Death Row - Page 2 of 2

All the bickering over this case didn't - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 9th May, 2015 - 4:02am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Indonesia Indonesian Death Penalty - Bali Nine
9th May, 2015 - 1:13am / Post ID: #

Indonesia Death Row - Page 2

10 years ago when the Bali 9 were arrested, the feel in Australia was - They knew that if they were caught in Indonesia, they may be facing the death penalty. They two leaders of the group were sentenced to death. The other seven were sentenced to life in prison. It was hard to watch these kids being kept in the harsh conditions of the Indonesian prisons, and over the years, there has been inquiries of prisoner swaps between Indonesia and Australia, not that it came to fruition yet...Australia pretty much forgot about the two men up for death row until this past year when they were seen as two men who had really made a difference and seemed to have changed their ways. The over-all story hadn't changed. They were convicted drug smugglers who's captured would have saved countless people by stopping this flow of heroin.

Having said that, these two men were pawns to the bigger fish out there. They would be a blip in their eyes. They would not care that two Australian men would die for their cause because they would get other people to carry their drugs. This is what annoyed me. These two men would be put to death but for what? There were bigger fish to fry.

However, we go back to the original story which is they were caught in a country which has the death penalty for drug smugglers. No country should be able to tell another country how to run their justice system. We, as Australians, do not have the death penalty. Indonesia does. This became too personal and it shouldn't have. Not to say, that if it was my family, I wouldn't have done my best to save them too. In the end though, I think we forgot the big picture.

The only thing I think was unfair, was that the family had to hear the bullets that ended their loved ones lives. The family and friends should not be punished for what these two men did.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 7 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.7%

Sponsored Links:
9th May, 2015 - 4:02am / Post ID: #

Row Death Indonesia

All the bickering over this case didn't start with the Indonesian authorities, it starter with these men selling illegal drugs. They say drugs makes your life short and its true no matter how you deal it: as a pusher, user or being caught as a smuggler. They knew the risk, they did anyway and this was the result. If they weren't caught would they have made this big change they were sad to have made? We'll never know but laws aren't meant to be broken.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 19 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.9%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Indonesia Death Row

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,