Paul Introduction - Page 2 of 3

No I don't have any fish batter recipies - Page 2 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 22nd Aug, 2004 - 3:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 28th Jul, 2004 - 12:07am / Post ID: #

Me
Member Junior
[?] CPosts: 42
Flag Posts: 49
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 0.2%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 7

Paul Introduction - Page 2

Thanks for the welcome, FarSeer, late or not it's still nice to recieve.

JB, I've never actually tried playing an online RPG, so it's something I wouldn't know how to do. When I was a kid I was never into anything like Dungeons & Dragons either. The closest I've come to playing a role (in a more literal sense) was in School plays, many, many years ago.

And I've seen the motors board, posted there a couple of times, though our very put upon ten year old car has probably never been called a hotrod!

Heading over to the feedback board sometime during my time online tonight. smile.gif

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 25th Jul, 2004 - 4:40pm
Signature: Paul - Now in the USA, but always a Wiganer at heart.
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Jul, 2004 - 12:14am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,015
Flag Posts: 51,672
Avg: 6.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,577.40 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction Paul

Great, I also gave you and the lady Mature status so you will see three new boards. All the best and thanks in advance for the feedback.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2004 - 3:34am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Paul Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Paul - Now in the USA, but always a Wiganer at heart.

I was just looking at your sig... you are from Wigan in the UK or does that mean something else?

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2004 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

Me
Member Junior

Page 2 Introduction Paul

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 21-Aug 04, 10:34 PM)
I was just looking at your sig... you are from Wigan in the UK or does that mean something else?

First, I'd like to say Hi to all (again) and it's nice to be back, I've been offline for quite a few days and haven't been posting. I'll stick around longer this time, I promise.

In answer to your question, JB, yes, I am from Wigan, sort of. I was actually born and lived in Wrexham in North Wales until I was seven, then we moved to Wigan where my mum had family.

I lived in Wigan from then until I left to come here to be with Renee, something like 17 years. I love the place, it became my home, and since I've spent the majority of my life living there it's always felt like my hometown.

No matter where I live from now on, I'll always hold Wigan close to my heart. I'll always have an affinity for a Pooles' Pie, and I'll always crave Uncle Joe's Mint Balls.

I'll always be a Wiganer at heart. smile.gif

Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 25th Jul, 2004 - 4:40pm
Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2004 - 3:49am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Introduction Paul

I have passed through Wigan and lived on the Isle of Anglese - those are fond memories. I miss fish and chips and rainbow trout. Not to mention yorkshire pudding with lots of gravy. Then if you are from Wales you may wish to change your flag since that flag represents where you are native and not where you are located wink.gif I am thinking of including a flag for location, but not sure yet.

Blog Read My Blog
Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2004 - 4:28am / Post ID: #

Me
Member Junior

Paul Introduction

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 21-Aug 04, 10:49 PM)
I have passed through Wigan and lived on the Isle of Anglese - those are fond memories. I miss fish and chips and rainbow trout. Not to mention yorkshire pudding with lots of gravy.

Wow, small world! I would never have expected to have met someone from a message board based primarily in T&T who's passed through little old Wigan.

I too miss fish & chips - somehow French Fries and store-bought fish just isn't the same as buying good old English fish'n'chips, wrapped in newspaper and smothered in vinegar, from the local chippy.

I have managed to recreate a few English meals though that both Renee and her mum enjoy, so it's not all bad. wink.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2004 - 10:43am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Paul Introduction - Page 2

...message board based primarily in T&T

Well actually, I am from there but the message board is not primarily based in or about T&T - it is international wink.gif

Do you have any good recipes for the fish batter?

Blog Read My Blog
Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2004 - 3:18pm / Post ID: #

Me
Member Junior

Paul Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 2

No I don't have any fish batter recipies unfortunately. When I mentioned English meals I was referring mostly to Lancashire Hotpot, a very traditional meal in Northwest England and a favourtie of Wiganers, and now enjoyed by a couple of ladies in Minnesota too.

Also, I was referring to chips, pie & gravy, a staple of many chipshop menus in the north of England which has now appeared stateside.

When I can root out the exact weights and measurements etc, I'll post the recipie for hotpot.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Paul Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,