You Smell

You Smell - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 14th May, 2017 - 3:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Smells and Smelling
Post Date: 4th Aug, 2004 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

You Smell

Should there be laws or policies controlling the way things smell? You may find it funny, but think about it. If you are sitting in a cinema trying to watch a movie and the person next to you smells as though they haven't took a shower in about four days, would you be able to stay and watch the movie? There are also smells that come from factories, plants and other production buildings, but no one ever thinks about it on a more personal level.

Sponsored Links:
7th Aug, 2004 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

Smell You

I think smell is a relative thing, and in some cases, some people naturally have body odor problems. I will never forget Jamie Foxx's standup sketch where he talks about going to Africa. Here he had on cologne, etc and he was standing next to an African man who had a noticeable smell. He said the 2 of them just stood there and both had upturned noses, Jamie thought the African man 'smelled' but the African man also thought that Jamie 'smelled'. I just dont think this is something you can have a law against, then how far would that law have to extend; bad breath, underarm odor, foot odor?

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

7th Aug, 2004 - 9:44pm / Post ID: #

You Smell History & Civil Business Politics

Well this is kind of funny, but if I was eating in a restaurant and a guy walked in and really smelt so bad that it would cause customers and me to leave would the restaurant owners put him out? Under what law? Smelling bad law? Maybe it would have to be a policy issue, but then again can you have a policy against customers that smell bad? I also see your point about the guy in Africa Malexander, but like everything else, laws would be created in a specific way usually with the idea of general thinking of what smells 'good'.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

8th Aug, 2004 - 1:28am / Post ID: #

Smell You

A law against smell? laugh.gif No, I find it is very cruel to put out somebody because they smell, just like MaleAlex said, some people have body odors and they don't even realize it, it is a hormonal thing....what are you going to do with those people who are clean and all but have a problem with their hormones? put them in jail?.
I would never agree in such a thing.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2004 - 4:09am / Post ID: #

You Smell
A Friend

Smell You

Years ago when I worked as a Hostess in a restaurant we had a couple of people who would come in to have coffee. They stunk so bad. They lived under the bridge and never bathed, or cleaned themselves up at all! The management made them leave. You can not have that in a restaurant. That is why they have those signs that state: We Reserve The Right To Refuse Service To Anyone.

If you are sitting in a cinema trying to watch a movie and the person next to you smells as though they haven't took a shower in about four days, would you be able to stay and watch the movie?
I would move downwind from this person and stay and watch the movie. If they were really foul, then I would go out and complain to the management and get my money back or another ticket so that I could come back and view the movie when the stinky person was not there.

Should there be laws or policies controlling the way things smell?
Laws? No. Policies? Yes. In the United States there already is a policy, the sign I mentioned above.

There are laws already regarding offensive smells from business's, factories, etc. They have been in effect for some years now.

9th Aug, 2004 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

You Smell

international QUOTE
That is why they have those signs that state: We Reserve The Right To Refuse Service To Anyone.

In Argentina we also have that and I think is scary. I have seen the abuse of that sign by sick people who think have the right to refuse given the service to someone just because they don't meet the "Criteria" or "Look" that the restaurant or night club tries to portrait.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Aug, 2004 - 2:52pm / Post ID: #

You Smell
A Friend

You Smell

I'd have to agree that a law against smell wouldn't be a good idea. Especially for me because I'm Anosmic, I would have no way of knowing if I was in compliance with the law. laugh.gif I guess it would kind of belong in the same category as people who talk all through a movie, there really aren't laws against that, but at times theatre managers still make efforts to keep people quiet.

Can smells really be that annoying?

Post Date: 14th May, 2017 - 3:26pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

You Smell Politics Business Civil & History

The human sense of smell: It's stronger than we think. The assertion that animals have a better sense of smell than humans is a 19th century myth with no scientific proof, says a neuroscientist who spent part of the last year reviewing existing research, examining data and delving into the historical writings that helped create the long-held misconception. Ref. Source 4d.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: You Smell

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,