Ark Of The Covenant

Ark Covenant - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th Aug, 2012 - 11:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th Jan, 2010 - 8:56pm / Post ID: #

Ark Of The Covenant

Ark of the Covenant

What do you think is the modern equivalent of the Ark of the Covenant recorded in the Old Testament?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Jan, 2010 - 1:28am / Post ID: #

Ark Of The Covenant
A Friend

Covenant The Ark

The modern equivalent of the Ark of the Covenant has to be the Golden Plates and other accessories found by Joseph Smith which were buried by Moroni. And here is why... An alternative name for the Ark of the Covenant is the "Ark of the Testimony." The written contents of the buried Golden Plates and the accessories were all testimonies pointing to the divinity of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of the world. The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ being the major fruit of the Golden Plates.

Also, the Golden Plates were taken away and so was the Ark of the Covenant.

In today's world, everything hinges upon whether or not the Book of Mormon is true. Because if it is, then Joseph Smith is a Prophet of God, Jesus Christ did visit the Americas, and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Christ's true and living church.

Reconcile Edited: Frothnim on 20th Jan, 2010 - 1:29am

20th Jan, 2010 - 2:46am / Post ID: #

Ark Of The Covenant Studies Doctrine Mormon

Yes I can agree with that. I thought someone might have said the Temple which I would not agree with because the equivalent of the Temple was the Tabernacle and the Ark rested inside the Holy of Hollies as a separate transportable unique object.

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2012 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

Covenant The Ark

Name: Moonchild

Title: many similarities

Comments: I just came across this on a search for where the ark is now and felt I wanted to comment.

There are definite similarities between Joseph Smiths experience and Moses', lawgiver, prophet, scripture writer, started a religion etc.

But the similarity between the Ark of the covenant and The origin of the gold plates is astounding. The Ark being a gold box containing stone tablets and the book of Mormon gold plates contained in a stone box, both containing other artifacts also, perhaps there is symbolism here of gold heavenly and stone earthly.

on a side note could the stone tables be the stone cut out of a mountain without hands prophesied by Daniel to fill the whole earth?

If Joseph is another Moses then Moses had his precursors too in more ancient cultures.

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2012 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

Ark Of The Covenant
A Friend

Covenant The Ark

I would have to agree with everything stated so far by everyone, it fits with everything I know and understand. I often see in Scripture, types of things that are reused over and over, for the Children of Israel, I think it is more, a sign and something familiar, that we can recognize. Joseph was predicted in Scripture, to be like a Moses, just like the last days is to be a type and similar scenario of what happened in the Book of Mormon before Christ made his first advent and was crucified. Every time I read the Book of Mormon, I see more and more how it seems to match what is happening today.

The Bible is so full of symbolism and types of things, that keep repeating and carry over into the Book of Mormon.

David

> TOPIC: Ark Of The Covenant

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,