Why I Do Not Celebrate Christmas

Why Celebrate Christmas - Christmas - Posted: 21st Dec, 2015 - 1:00am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2012 - 1:15pm / Post ID: #

If after studying the history or religious practice of Christmas you have chosen not to celebrate it then please tell us about your reasons here without the use of sarcasm or derogatory remarks.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Nov, 2012 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Christmas Celebrate Not I Why

I do not celebrate Christmas simply because it is not part of my culture. Other than a token gesture of putting up a plastic Christmas tree (I'm living in a huge city), I never truly celebrate it like some of the members of this forum do. We reserve our family reunions and get-togethers for our Chinese New Year.

13th Nov, 2012 - 4:23pm / Post ID: #

Why I Do Not Celebrate Christmas Christmas

This year, maybe for the first time in my life, I'll not celebrate christmas. I'll make my tree and put all the lights and stuff like always but no celebrations. My wife's family is catholic but in Indonesia every festivity is just the same: an endless serie of super serious and empty formalities where people say always the same things talking in microphone, one by one, for hours. No difference if is Christmas or a wedding, Idul Fitri or a funeral: they will always adopt their solemn stance and say the same [..] about how much they honour the neighbors and the community, wishing to everybody good health and hoping that the children will respect the parents and bla bla bla until you start dreaming of pouring stricnine in the jars of water just to make sure that next year there will be no celebration. After 3 years of this stuff, I'm out. Better bring home a couple of beers and pretend I'm drinking with Santa Claus.

21st Nov, 2012 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

I personally do not celebrate but because others around me are so heavily involved in it I am forced to be 'in' the whole thing but I do not share what I think about it.

6th Mar, 2015 - 12:38am / Post ID: #

Too expensive, a waste of money. If Christmas were more like Thanksgiving I might be interested but in its present for its only about how many gifts and decorations you can buy, ridiculous.

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2015 - 6:38pm / Post ID: #

Name: Desi

Comments: I do not celebrate because I'm not Christian and what I see from Westerners is much spending of money on gifts. This will be too costly for me so I am glad I do not have to participate in this tradition.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Dec, 2015 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

Why I Not Celebrate Christmas

international QUOTE (Skeptic @ 5-Mar 15, 5:38 PM)
Too expensive, a waste of money.

Part of the problem is that so many believe one has to spend a lot of money for Christmas, that expensive gifts and fancy decorations are something necessary for the holiday. I look at it that you should only give what you feel is right or you are able, if that is simply a card or even a homemade gift, even perhaps simply a hug, so be it and remember what matters is that it if from the heart. Even telling another how much you love or appropriate them is often a gift worth more then money can buy.

Hey, but those are simply my thoughts on the subject.

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2015 - 1:00am / Post ID: #

Why I Not Celebrate Christmas Christmas

Name: Jacob

Comments: I do not celebrate it in the traditional sense. I just act the part because everyone around me likes the season and I don't want to spoil it for them but really i'm not interested.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Why I Do Not Celebrate Christmas

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,