Dance Hall & Rap = Crime?

Dance Hall Rap = Crime - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 1st Jan, 2018 - 2:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

?
Poll: Do you think that Dance Hall & Rap music entices people to commit crime?
  Yes       50.00%
  No       50.00%
Total Votes: 2
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Post Date: 19th Aug, 2004 - 12:40pm / Post ID: #

If you ever stop to listen to the words of Dance Hall (Dub) or Hard Core Rap music you will see that they promote such things as breaking the law, gun fighting, disrespecting women, gay bashing, etc. Do you feel this music influences the listener to commit crime and other negative acts?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Aug, 2004 - 2:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Crime Rap and Hall Dance

Yeah I will admit Dancehall and Rap promote negative behavior , but they are not in it alone. You have Rock and Grunge music that do the same thing. Look at Curt Korbain of Nirvana. He wrote a song about wanting to kill himself. And you know what , he did just that.

19th Aug, 2004 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #

Dance Hall & Rap = Crime? Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I believe all music can contain bad influences, however, when it comes to Rap and Dub I think it is more prevalent. These kinds of songs tend to be based on the environment of the ghetto where one is constantly exposed to the same things spoken of in the song, and because they seem normal, the song is also considered to be 'normal'.

Post Date: 19th Aug, 2004 - 5:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Crime Rap and Hall Dance

yea, i agree...though i personally do not hold music the one accountable as causing people to commit crimes. i think the blame should be aimed more in the direction of where that person grew up, the hardships he/she had to face, and their parents.

19th Aug, 2004 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

Crime Rap and Hall Dance

Athyr of course it is about the person, but the question of focus here is:

Do you feel this music influences the listener to commit crime and other negative acts?

Post Date: 25th Mar, 2005 - 12:48pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

SHARPTON WANTS STATIONS CONNECTED TO VIOLENCE PUNISHED

The Rev. Al Sharpton, upset about violence in rap music, asked the Federal
Communications Commission on Thursday to punish artists and radio stations connected with violent acts. Ref. CNN.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Jan, 2018 - 2:33pm / Post ID: #

Dance Hall & Rap = Crime

If you spend your day listening to this rubbish then you subconscious brain will begin to act it out like if it is reality. In young minds they are affected. This kind of music should be banned.

> TOPIC: Dance Hall & Rap = Crime?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,