Law Of Causality

Law Causality - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 21st Jun, 2008 - 3:57am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Proof that God does exist?
Post Date: 5th Aug, 2006 - 3:54pm / Post ID: #

Law Of Causality

Law of Causality

Consider the Law of Causality and some of the quotes below and say whether you consider the argument justifiable:

The Universe exists and is real. Atheists and agnostics not only acknowledge its existence, but admit that it is a grand effect (e.g., see Jastrow, 1977, pp. 19-21). If an entity cannot account for its own being (I.e., it is not sufficient to have caused itself), then it is said to be "contingent" because it is dependent upon something outside of itself to explain its existence. The Universe is a contingent entity, since it is inadequate to cause, or explain, its own existence. Sproul has noted: "Logic requires that if something exists contingently, it must have a cause. That is merely to say, if it is an effect it must have an antecedent cause" (1994, p. 172). Thus, since the Universe is a contingent effect, the obvious question becomes, "What caused the Universe?"

It is here that the law of cause and effect (also known as the law of causality) is strongly tied to the cosmological argument. Simply put, the law of causality states that every material effect must have an adequate antecedent cause. Just as the law of the excluded middle is analytically true, so the law of cause and effect is analytically true as well.
Ref. https://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/269

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Aug, 2006 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

Law Of Causality
A Friend

Causality Law

This is a ridiculous argument that religionists will not apply to themselves. The argument is that the universe had to be created, there fore, since we don't know or can't show how, then it must be god that created it. But that is a fallacious argument.

Simply not knowing the origins of the universe is not enough to ascribe god as its creator. Unknown does not equal super natural, it equals unknown. But even if you want to put god as the logical creator, then you have to use that same logic on god. God must also have been created by something or someone as well. So who created god? Well then god must have been, by this logic, created by another god into an infinite line of gods that never ends.

The problem comes in that we don't know how it ALL started, so you can't say for sure that something created it with out using the logic to come to that conclusion on that argument as well. So using this argument leads to the question, who created god? If you say that nobody created god, that god was always just there, then how do you know this? If you say the bible, then you must be basing that believe on a religion and not a logical conclusion because arguing that the bible is valid because the bible says so is a circular argument that circumvents logic instead of using.

Thus, if god can not be proven through the use of a book that says he exists, then gods existence is still just an opinion and your evidence is a man written book, a universe without a positively known beginning, and belief/faith. So in the end, there is not logical argument regarding god, only faith, which is fine, as long as you don't confuse it with logic. If one argument is applied to science, then it must be applied to the belief you are attempting to supersede science with as well.

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2008 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

Law Of Causality Beliefs Religious General

Name: Michael

Comments: The simplistic view that if no one ever sees God, then He(God) does not exist is a fallacy.Who has ever sees wind?But we often say, it is windy or there is a storm today!Where is the origin of wind?Who created the wind or who often directs the wind? Despite the fact that we do not have answers to the above questions, we believe wind exist.Why don't we believe that God exist.

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2008 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #

Law Of Causality
A Friend

Causality Law

I believe that the law of causality is flawed in the fact that since noone can know the creation or start of the universe how can they accept the law of causality. The universe is here and now. Hence the unknown. Like the bible being written. We know it was written by man but was mans hand guided by God? We do not know that. Wind we know where it comes from and why it is here. This is a scientific fact that can seen, felt and learned. IF we look at things that we can not learn at this point of time then we have to go with theories. The theories I have seen about god and and the universe can coincide thus making god believable.

I know many people who do say god does not exist but they still call on a higher power to save them if something goes wrong. Is this a double standard they lead?

3rd Apr, 2008 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

Causality Law

I have never found this theory sensible. I can change the wording to make so that we all are here because of any reason I randomly chose. There is no way of scientific way proving if god is real or not.

Lets face it we are just beginning our walk in knowledge, maybe in time we will know more.

3rd Apr, 2008 - 6:03pm / Post ID: #

Law Of Causality

The problem comes in that we don't know how it ALL started

Why must the Universe in its element form have a beginning or even a start? To me it is not logical that something could be created out of nothing(I do not believe God does this.) It is not even Scriptural.

The concept of Creatio Ex Nihilo (creating out of nothing) cannot be found in the Old testament account of the creation.

Cosmogony and Salvation: The Christian Rejection of Uncreated Matter by Graeme Castleman

The doctrine of creatio ex nihilo is not Scriptural: "...this conception has nothing to support it in the Gospels - it is not a datum of Revelation." An ambiguous reference in Paul's Letter to the Romans (4:17) is the only New Testament reference. At best, the doctrine of creatio ex nihilo can be considered implicit in Scripture, but not explicit.

So how does this relate to the topic at hand, the Law Of Causality?

I think all things have a precedent and come from something else. All things created by God are as eternal as God. Nothing that now exists had a beginning in its elemental form. It may have been at one time Hydrogen, or just energy, but all things exist eternally.

Therefore all things exist on the principle of Causality, that they have continually been acted upon or have acted upon other elements. The elements that make us are eternal in my opinion. To me everything in the Universe has a cause, even God and have always existed in some form.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Jun, 2008 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

Law Causality

Therefore all things exist on the principle of Causality, that they have continually been acted upon or have acted upon other elements. The elements that make us are eternal in my opinion. To me everything in the Universe has a cause, even God and have always existed in some form.

Yes you are correct. Even God as a singularity is subject to the greater rules of the universe. Thus when God is perfect, nothing else exists in the Universe. The singularity of God gives birth to the multiplicity of the universe.
At the present time God exists as an energy field at near infinite light speed. This God is the driving force for the production of life everywhere in the Universe.
Yet man is the highest fulfillment of God and religions are merely manmade expressions toward this God.

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2008 - 3:57am / Post ID: #

Law Of Causality
A Friend

Law Causality General Religious Beliefs

We don't know the answers.
But saying that something must have created the universe as we know it, and that something must be god, just begs the question of where did god come from ? Something must have created god, no?

Yes, I know, the bible tells me so. Which begs the question, why is not the Torah, the Koran, the Iching, the Book of Mormon, the whatever holy book, the infallible word of god given to man? They can't all be "the word" as their followers claim.

Just be glad you live in this amazing world. We'll never know all the answers, but it sure is fun finding out what we can!

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use uppercase letters as appropriate: names, start of sentence, etc. See Constructive Posting Policy.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Law Of Causality

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,