First Things First.
1. Board Rules are located here
2. Constructive Posting Policy is located within
3. Our Disclaimer / Privacy Statement is located here Arguing Over Our PolicyOur Policy and more especially the enforcement of that policy by Administrator / Moderators is NOT up for debate. No Embarrassment - Just Private Help
We give help, provide tips and make edits to content in a private manner so as to not cause any embarrassment to any Member. If there are any issues then we will bring them up with you privately.
Please read the FULL Thread as Posting in this Community is not the same as others.The Key Is To ALWAYS Be CourteousWhat is this site about? Basically. This is an INTERNATIONAL Intellectually Mature Community
in which hundreds of various topics are discussed in a clear, concise and friendly manner. We cater for all kinds of discussion including and not limited to: Sports, Politics, Role-playing Games, LDS Doctrine, Islam, Far East Religions, Philosophy, Activism, Entertainment, Blogs, Computers, Games, News, etc. NOTE:
A full list of possible Topics of Discussion can be seen by visiting either the Index
or What's New!
links.We expect the highest standards from every member so that respect
is kept and silliness is eliminated. For instance, take the time to post a message that is not full of slang, net talk, bad spelling, bad grammar and nothing really supportive of the topic. In other words do not write a message just to say, 'thanks', 'wow', or 'I did not know that' using 'u' to represent 'you' and so on. (See more examples below) The Constructive Posting Policy is meant to help Posters (Writers) feel free to share their thoughts without wondering if their message will be ridiculed, be taken off topic, etc.This is not another run of the mill kind of Community
- we have been here for years and people's lives have changed from just reading our topics - we are serious and love what we do. Many try to join only to complain after because they are not used to how things are implemented or structured. This site is NOT FaceBook, Twitter or whatever site you use. This is International Discussions where ONLY constructive Discussion and quality collaborative Role-playing Games known as "Play by Post" Are promoted. Keep in mind this Community caters for the cultured writer. It is not for the person who wants to push a button and everything they desire falls into their lap. To maintain this statuesque we expect everyone to abide by the following:
Posts (Your input) you make should be your original text written by yourself
and not copied, digitally published or printed anywhere else. You agree that you relinquish your ownership of the text you add and give this site and its owners full exclusive rights over it as we deem fit regardless to the status of your Membership herein. Where you are referencing something from a News source, book, historian, and so forth the reference to it in the form of a link, book / page name should be stated in Quote Tags
.No matter what the message is or what board you are on
(Well maybe except for the Jokes board to some degree) you should always
follow these guidelines:
1. Keep on the subject of the thread
. You can know what the subject is by looking at the first message in the thread. Do not jump into a message unless you know all the facts stated by everyone
in that topic or you will look foolish in trying to cover something that has already been discussed.
2. If you must say something not in relation
with the subject of the thread then use the Offtopic Tags
. However, this does NOT mean you can post a message totally in the off topic, and off topic message should be a SMALL part only of a CONTINUING Discussion.
3. If you are quoting
someone then use the Quote Tags. If you are quoting someone's published work whether online or printed make sure to place the reference to the writing either with a link or page number / book name using the Quote Tags. Do not copy more than one or two paragraph's of anyone's work (Leave it up to members to pursue if they want to read more rather than force it on them.)
To learn how to use the Quote & Offtopic Tags see further below within this Thread or How to Use the Offtopic and Quote Tags
4. Do not double post!
Double posting is where you reply or start a message, wait a minute or so and then start another message right underneath your first message with something about forgetting to add text, etc. Once not more than 30 minutes has passed you should press 'EDIT' on your original message and then add the text you forgot. NOTE:
A script automatically warns you of this so no need to worry about it.
5. Stop saying, 'JB' all over the board
. Members have a habit of trying to 'talk' to the administrator through their posts when the administrator has not even been to the thread they are writing in. If you want to invite JB
to your Discussion or ask him something more personal then use his Introduction
Thread. This principle is the SAME for other Members. Anything related to self, personal issues or 'chit chat' should go within a Members Introduction.
6. Your message should make sense, and legible enough to read
. The spelling does not have to be perfect, but if you are really bad then please use a spell checker. Things you may wish to consider:
- Starting a sentence with common letters or using 'i' instead of 'I'
- Telling us you are bored or that you do not know why you are here
- Writing as though we can read hieroglyphics
- Showing your annoyance about the rules and policies of this site.
7. Do not speak in symbolic terms, slang, net talk or baby talk
- this is an international forum, we may not get what you are trying to say!
8. Do not reply to a message telling us how much you do not know
about it - if you do not know about the subject matter - DO NOT REPLY! This does not count if you are asking legit questions about the subject at hand. We do welcome questions - the intelligent thing to do if you are unsure about something is to ask a question!
. Questions about how the site works can be Posted in your Introduction Thread.
9. Do not reply to a subject just to say you like
the subject, instead add input - why do you like the subject, what do you think could improve, etc. Indeed avoid being repetitive just to boost your post count.
10. Sarcasm is the lowest form of humor
and in most cases it can be insulting, especially in an international setting - keep it out of your posts! If you want to be funny then go to the Jokes Board. Use good clear English, be respectful, and in good taste. As is said in the Rules - no name calling or stereotyping. Yes, you are allowed to be 'strong' in your adjectives, but not to direct it at the person, but rather the event or statement - there is a difference.
11. Do not post your Email address, phone, personal detailed address, instant messenger or pager
and tell Members to contact you that way - why do you think we built this Community in the first place? All Discussion is public!
If you want to send Private Messages to Members then Upgrade your Membership by making a Donation
. For two Members to communicate privately both will need to be Upgraded.
Do not Upgrade or Donate just to private message Members here, private access features are meant ONLY to be a facility for those who Donated and not a means to avoid public Discussion.
12. There is nothing worst than one dozen smiles
just to write a message. Do not use smiles repeatedly as you post, you may use ONE only JUST to emphasize a point. Further below in this thread there are actual examples of badly made messages.
13. Before posting check to see the REQUIREMENTS of the board
in which you are going to post. This is true especially if you are starting a new thread. At the top of every board is a short description of what the content should be about. There may also be a 'Check Here First' or 'Read Me First' thread.
14. Qualify your message by posting references
to actual published works or data to back up what you are saying. If it is just your opinion then make sure to say so otherwise your message may be taken as fact and cause unnecessary disagreement. As a guide you can always start by saying 'In my opinion.'
. If you disagree with something then you can simply say, 'I disagree.'
there is no need to call anyone names
, tell them they are wrong, that they lack intelligence or make fun of them by being sarcastic.
15. Stop advertising:
Do not post your Email address, phone number, favorite web site, ways to make money, or related Communities that you belong to, etc. Members often try to promote their own home pages or pages they like via messages - this is NOT allowed, we are not Facebook or Twitter where anything goes. Learn more about this concept here: Speaking in Links
16. Check the Compare Page
to see what you CAN
do within your current account. If you want more features then please do consider donating and helping the excellent work that goes on here.
17. Religion is kept to the Religious section only!
Not everyone believes the same way you do so DO NOT bring up religious quotes or the element of deity / spiritualism outside of the religious Boards. Additionally, there are designated Boards to Discuss your beliefs. For example: Studies of Islam or Studies of Catholicism, etc. Do not mix up Doctrine: for instance, do not use Catholic quotes or reasoning in the Islam Board and vice versa.
If people want to read about your Religion then they will go to the respective Board for it.Helpful Topics About Grammar / Word Usage
* Offtopic, Quotes & Other Tags
* Using Interjections - Word EmotionsAgain: Our Policy and more especially the ENFORCEMENT of that policy by Administrator / Moderators is NOT up for debate.