Bible Geneology - Why So Many?

Bible Geneology Many - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 11th Nov, 2009 - 6:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2005 - 11:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I used to find Bible Geneology extremely boring and would skip all those begets... UNTIL... I started to see patterns and reasons for each one listed in the various books of the Bible. Did God have a purpose even for these boring genealogies... or so they say.?! So this is the short of it...

Names have meaning. Here is a summary of God's plan of redemption, hidden within a genealogy in Genesis Chapter 5 through the meanings of each name of this set. It would be very hard to convince me that a group of Jewish rabbis deliberately "contrived" to hide the "Christian Gospel" right in a genealogy within their venerated Torah!

Hebrew English

Adam Man
Seth Appointed
Enosh Mortal
Kenan Sorrow
Mahalalel The Blessed God
Jared Shall come down
Enoch Teaching
Methuselah His death shall bring
Lamech The despairing
Noah Rest, or comfort

Chilling... isn't it...

Sponsored Links:
21st Apr, 2005 - 3:58am / Post ID: #

Many Why Geneology Bible

I don't know if I'd call it "chilling" but it's certainly very interesting! The ancient Rabbi's were quite poetic and there are many puzzles and hidden texts within texts in the scriptures; and God Himself is quite persistent. He *wants* us to know the Gospel of Christ, and He will find a way for us to learn it! In fact, in many places in the scriptures, it says quite plainly and, I think, in a challenging way: "Search the scriptures" and "He who has eyes to see and ears to hear" etc.

There are some things that are so *plain* to see, if we will just *see* them. I think this is one prime example.

Roz

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2009 - 6:47pm / Post ID: #

Bible Geneology - Why So Many? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Name: Nezz

Comments: Yes it is chilling. Illuminating in fact. Have you considered genealogy in respect to the Protoevangelium?

> TOPIC: Bible Geneology - Why So Many?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,