Good Missionary Quotes

Good Missionary Quotes - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 4th Dec, 2012 - 1:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th Sep, 2003 - 1:59am / Post ID: #

Good Missionary Quotes

MISSIONARY QUOTES

This thread caters for quotes that help invigorate missionary work. Please also place the reference to where the quote was taken from in the form of page number / book / site, etc.

"The service which builds a young, growing Church is not casually requested nor whimsically given. On occasion the obstacles have been great and the price sometimes very dear. And we speak not only of those early brethren who went out to serve, but the women who supported them---and in addition supported themselves and their children, staying at home to raise and protect families, that other portion of the Lord's vineyard about which He is so emphatic."

(Jeffrey R. Holland, "Called to Serve," Ensign, Nov. 2002, 36)

Sponsored Links:
18th Sep, 2003 - 2:49am / Post ID: #

Quotes Missionary Good

We had a fireside recently to help the youth and others to understand more about seving a mission. Here are some of the questions asked. See if you can answer them.

SISTER
Do sister missionaries wear pants? why or why not?
Do sister missionaries teach in a different way than Elders?
Can a local sister go proselyting with the Elders?

RM
Did you feel it was difficult to adjust to life again at home?
Were you or are you under pressure to get married?
Do you plan to be married in the Temple?  Why?
What would disqualify me from serving a mission?
Would you serve a mission again if you have the opportunity?
Do you feel you have changed since you served a mission?

BRANCH PRESIDENTS
What does the Branch Mission leader do?
Have you ever seen a young man from your Branch serve a mission and return with Honor?
How many missionaries are on full time missions from your Branch?
When did missionaries first come to your area?
What does the Branch Presidency do to help  young men go on missions?
Who was the first missionary from tour area?
Which countries have local missionaries served in? I
s it a commandment to serve a mission?  why or why not?
What does a non-member have to do to be baptized?
Can missionaries wear a beard or mustache?  why?

MISSION
How much money do I need to save to go on a mission?
Suppose I get a scholarship to study, should I still go on a mission? How much education do I need to go on a mission?
How old do I need to be to go on a mission?
Why do prospective missionaries have to take a medical?
Do full time missionaries always have to be together? Wat happens if they are not?
Although I can serve a mission now I would rather do something else and serve later with my wife, what would I miss if I don't serve now?
My leaders didn't serve a mission but they expect me to serve one. Why should I serve?

Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2004 - 8:00pm / Post ID: #

Good Missionary Quotes
A Friend

Good Missionary Quotes Studies Doctrine Mormon

One of the AP's had a quote I'll newer forget:

"If you are not on the way to become the person you want to be, then you are on the way to become a person you do not want to be."
( Elder Brantley England Manchester Mission )

It made me think - I better make suhre I'm on the right way!

Post Date: 20th Oct, 2004 - 10:30pm / Post ID: #

Quotes Missionary Good

"First of all I would like to thank every missionary who has ever labored in this transcendent latter-day undertaking we have been given. The rolling forth of the restored gospel is a miracle in every sense of the word, and not the least of the miracle is that a significant portion of it rolls forward on the shoulders of 19-year-olds! As we have seen your sons and daughters, grandsons and granddaughters, (and in some cases your parents and grandparents!) faithfully laboring in Chile, I have pictured the tens of thousands of others like them we have met all over the world. Clean, clear, bright-eyed missionaries, laboring two-by-two, have become a living symbol of this Church everywhere. They themselves are the first gospel message their investigators encounter--and what a message that is. Everyone knows who they are, and those of us who know them the best, love them the most."
Jeffrey R. Holland, "Abide in Me," Ensign, May 2004, 30

Post Date: 14th Dec, 2005 - 8:35pm / Post ID: #

Quotes Missionary Good

"We don't ask any people to throw away any good they have got; we only ask them to come and get more. What if all the world should embrace this Gospel? They would then see eye to eye, and the blessings of God would be poured out upon the people, which is the desire of my whole soul."
Ref. History of the Church, 5:259

Post Date: 26th Apr, 2007 - 9:35pm / Post ID: #

Good Missionary Quotes

"All that I now hold dear in life began to mature in the mission field. Had I not been encouraged to be a missionary, I would not have the eternal companion or precious family I dearly love. I am confident that I would not have had the exceptional professional opportunities that stretched my every capacity. I am certain that I would not have received the sacred callings with opportunities to serve for which I will be eternally grateful. My life has been richly blessed beyond measure because I served a mission."
-- Richard G. Scott, "Now Is the Time to Serve a Mission!" Ensign, May 2006, 89-90

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Jun, 2008 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #

Good Missionary Quotes

"Not long ago, we invited two sister missionaries over for lunch. After we finished eating, we asked them to leave a spiritual thought with us. They were well prepared and introduced a scripture reading and marking exercise to us. They had brought a fresh copy of the Book of Mormon and a set of colored pencils. We accepted the invitation of the missionaries. Since then, our daily Book of Mormon family scripture reading has changed. In every chapter, we mark with different colors the passages related to Jesus Christ as we discover them. Every time, this little exercise reminds us of our missionaries.

"When the missionaries presented this, we immediately recognized it as a scripture study exercise suggested in Preach My Gospel. As a family, we are so thankful for this great and powerful missionary tool."

Ref. (Erich W. Kopischke, "Preach My Gospel," Ensign, Nov. 2007, 33)

Post Date: 4th Dec, 2012 - 1:16pm / Post ID: #

Good Missionary Quotes Mormon Doctrine Studies

"Today, I'm pleased to announce that able, worthy young women who have the desire to serve may be recommended for missionary service beginning at age 19, instead of age 21"
-- President Monson - Oct 6. General Confernece

> TOPIC: Good Missionary Quotes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,